Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. SambhareYour feedback matters!
Hello, I'm suffering from migraine. Is it dangerous or not? What type of treatment is best for this?
Sleep is the most essential part of our lives because it is the time when our body gets rejuvenated and recharged. However, due to numerous reasons, quite a few individuals fail to achieve proper sleep or any sleep at all. This condition in which a person is unable to sleep at night can be termed as insomnia.
Causes of insomnia
There can be varied reasons for different people that can cause insomnia.
- Unhealthy lifestyle i.e. improper sleep cycle, improper food habits, untimely naps, substance abuse etc.
- Medical conditions like sinus allergies, gastrointestinal problems, endocrine problems, arthritis, asthma, neurological condition like Parkinson’s disease, chronic back pain etc.
- Psychological conditions like depression and anxiety
- Certain medications aimed to cure other health problems
In case of the treatable medical reasons, insomnia is gone once the problem is treated. However, for people who have no idea as to why they suffer from insomnia, here are certain tips that can help in fighting it.
Lifestyle changes to cure insomnia
Starting with a significant lifestyle change can be a great way to change one’s sleep cycles and get a good night’s sleep.
- Maintain a proper and healthy diet, with more fruits and vegetables and less carbs and fat.
- Try to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday (despite the fact that you may not feel sleepy). This will train the body and regulate the body clock.
- Avoid afternoon naps or any short naps during the day.
- Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes.
- Avoid caffeine as it has contains properties that keeps a person up for long hours.
- Avoid intake of alcohol and nicotine. Although alcohol is associated with fun and partying, it is actually a depressant and causes improper sleep.
- Avoid any meal right before bed time.
Tips that can help
- Take a good, warm shower right before sleep.
- Ask your partner to give you a nice massage before bedtime.
- Restrict bed activities to sleep and sex only, nothing more.
- Make a really comfortable and inviting sleep environment.
- Try and get rid of all your worries before going to bed.
- Reduce stress using a number of stress reduction therapies like meditation, deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation techniques, etc.
Apart from the lifestyle changes and the tips that will help you gain a better sleep, there is another therapy, which may be useful. It is called the cognitive behavioural therapy. This therapy can give essential knowledge about sleep and help achieve normal sleep routines. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
My hands and head will shakes lightly, I have no bad habits, my son also suffering with the same problem (age: 30yrs),help me
Hi good afternoon. This question is regarding my father's problem. He is now 48 years old he had fallen from coconut tree 0n 28/aug/2015. And he lost complete sensation from chest to foot from that time. he had one major surgery. Now he is doing some physiotherapy exercises and taking Ayurveda treatment. He is getting good result about his health. But not about sensation. Can you please suggest some tips to get sensation. If you want medical reports I will send them. Sir/madam please help us.
Hi doctor, I'm very fearful while picking up the client call and strange people around me. My voice tremble like anything. Though, I know the answer to the client call, I couldn't explain to them comfortably. I feel ashamed when I finished call as I had a bad call. And, when strangers aren't around, my confident and way of speaking is really good. I'm not sure where this fear goes. Please help me. This is my career related issue and I have to come out of this problem. Currently, I'm taking medicines for hand tremor Betacap TR 40, Benfomet plus and Lonazep 0.25 which is suggested by neurologist. Please advise.
If you?re one of the 26 million Americans living with diabetes, then you?re probably familiar with diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPN), which is nerve damage that?s caused by chronic high blood sugar. DPN tends to be the most common complication of diabetes. Some of its symptoms include a tingling or burning sensation, difficulty walking, and numbness, especially in your feet and toes. If left untreated, DPN can eventually lead to amputation.
While DPN seems to be a growing problem within the African-American community, here are four ways to keep your DPN under control.
1. Don?t smoke.
Ever notice how ?don?t smoke? is always somewhere on these types of lists? Well, there?s a good reason for it. When you smoke, your arteries narrow and harden, reducing the amount of blood flow to your legs and feet, which makes it more difficult for wounds to heal.
2. Keep your blood sugar levels in check.
If you?re a diabetic, then you already know how important it is to monitor your blood sugar levels. When you have DPN, inconsistent blood sugar levels put you at risk for nerve damage, which can ultimately lead to amputation.
3. Take good care of your feet.
When you have DPN, it?s a definite must that you thoroughly wash and dry your feet on a daily basis. Also, always make sure that your shoes are well-fitted and that your socks are clean and dry. Be sure to trim your toenails straight across ? or have them trimmed by a professional. Lastly, stay away from any antiseptic products and sharp tools, including nail files, as they may cause injury and further damage
4. Communicate with your doctor.
Inspect your feet regularly. If you notice anything unusual, such as a foot injury that?s taking longer to heal than normal, inform your doctor right away! ASK PRIVATLEY