Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sahana HegdeYour feedback matters!
Whenever I put my penis in vagina ,I jerk off. please tell me how can I have sex for at least 30 minutes without jerking off.
My wife is 43 years old she is heart patient and taking ditide tab, now she is not getting menses Utrual cycle from last two months. We checked through I can pregnancy test it was negative with one bar. What to do? I am scared.
Hi doctor I have irregular periods more than my weightvis 90 kilos heightvis 5.7 and I met with accident after that im increase my weight 99 kilos so whats the prob for irregular periods for weight only r any other reason and a d I have prob with white bleeding it is irritating for me and bad smell also please gave me suggestion.
I had the sexual. Intercourse with ma girlfriend before 25 days I have not leaked inside but periods is not done for her still what is the reason.
I had bleeding before 3 days my period is due. (period should be on 25th may but it started on 22nd may itself) now it my fifth day. It was in brown and faded red colour for 4 days. But today that is on my 5th day it little bit high not heavier. What is it am pregnant? but I took home test it was negative.
I didnot have proper intercourse. Its just that I think the cum entered inside my vagina a little bit on 14th april. I took an ipill on 17th just to stay on the safe side. And yes. I got my monthly cycle around 5th or 6th april. But after taking ipill, I again got periods on 23rd april. It is not like the regular flow. Its very little. Am I pregnant or are there any chances of getting pregnant? kindly reply.
Hi I am 28 yrs old female. I had my periods start on 1st dec and on third day that is on 3rd dec I had fever with temp 103.3 degrees celcius with shiver and damn bad headache. I was feeling like my head is goin heavy specially at the front, above the eyes and at the back plus I was feeling as someone is stretching my intestines in stomach badly. In the evening I had vomit then at night I had consulted a local physician nearby and he gave me medicine. Withing half an hour my headache and fever ws gone but stomach and lower abdominal and pelvic pain was still there. Then on 4th dec in the morning 4: 15 a. M I had damn bad abdominal pain (which covered the vagina, pelvic area in the centre and pelvic area in the right side and the pain is felt in anal side also) then I managed to take meftal spas and the pain ws less then before but it is still there. Now I feel tenderness in my stomach area, pelvic area and on vagina. Pain is still there in centre and right side of the pelvic area. Every time I cough or do anything its paining badly. please help and suggest what kind of problem is this. Recently last month I consulted gynae and se told I have vaginal infection and gave me medications for that. I guess it was cure but this pelvic pain problem I m facing from past 15-20 days. please help and suggest what is my problem and which doc should I consult?
Evry day I face the same problem of huge pain in an us while pooping. Wht are the remiss I would lyk to knw. And I also have irregular periods. please suggest me accordingly.
Hi, Conceive ke liye meine periods se 14 days se 20 days ke beech mei intercourse kiya and about 5 months has to go but koi positive response nahi aaya. Then meri sister in law ne bataya ki periods ke 3 day intercourse karne se conceive ke chances bad jate h. So is it true? Unhone be 3 day hi intercourse kiya tabhi conceive kiya hai unhone. Please advise.
Good morning sir and mam, Baby planing ke liye fertile period mein kitne baar sex karna chahiye Last mc-june 28 Cycle length-30 to 32 Bleeding-4 days When is my fertile period & how many times to sex for a baby.
The abnormal growth of the endometrium tissue outside the uterus is known as endometriosis. Ideally, the abnormal tissue is supposed to break down and exit the body. However, in this condition, the tissue is unable to pass out of the body. As a result, the surrounding tissue tends to get irritated and leads to the formation of scar tissues.
The various causes of endometriosis include:
- Immune system disorder: Complications in the immune system might render it incapable of destroying the endometrial tissue that grows outside the uterus.
- Surgical scar implantation: Certain surgeries such as a C-section may result in the attachment of endometrial cells to the incision area.
- Embryonic cell transport: These cells may be transported to other parts of the body by the blood vessels which may lead to endometriosis.
- Retrograde menstruation: Instead of passing out of the body, under this condition, the blood flows back into the pelvic region via the fallopian tubes. When these cells attach themselves to the pelvic cavity, it causes endometriosis.
1. Pain during sexual intercourse
2. Pain during periods including pelvic pain, especially during periods, lower back pain and abdominal pain.
3. Excessive bleeding during periods
The major complication that results is fertility problems. Endometriosis may prevent the combination of the egg and the sperm and thus, impairs your ability to conceive. It is recommended not to delay pregnancy if you have endometriosis. This disorder also tends to increase the risk of ovarian cancer in some women.
How can it be treated?
Endometriosis is usually done using surgery or medications.
- Medication: It usually involves painkillers.
- Hormone therapy: Some of the hormonal therapies include:
- Hormonal contraceptives
- Progestin therapy
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) agonists and antagonists
- Conservative surgery: If a patient wants to become pregnant, surgery is done as much as possible without harming the uterus and ovaries. Suggested procedures include laparoscopy and traditional abdominal surgery.
- Assisted reproductive technologies: An example of this form of treatment is In Vitro Fertilization.
- Hysterectomy: Under severe circumstances, total hysterectomy is conducted in order to facilitate the removal of cervix and uterus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hello doctor my self anu j. I am 25years old girl. I have irregular periods problem for last two years what should I do. Please help me.
migraine-: ayurvedic view
Migraine headaches are commonly defined as episodic or recurrent severe headaches, typically of a throbbing or stabbing nature, usually on one side of the head, the neck or behind the eye.
~~migraine pain commonly lasts for about 6 to 48hrs.
~~migraine is triggered by some factors which result in excessive stimulation (constriction and sudden dilatation) of blood vessels in the head.
~~migraine may or may not be preceded by an aura; aura may cause visual disturbances such as flashing lights, zig-zags, sparkles or blurring of a visual field.
~~migraine is associated with nausea, vomiting, dizziness and or cognitive disturbances.
~~patient may also experience chills, sweating, fatigue and weakness etc.
Improper metabolism, suppression of natural urges, anger, jealousy, grief, poor elimination, intake of dry, pungent and salty food, intake of polluted food, mental and physical stress, viewing of tv for long periods, reading with insufficient light, sleeplessness etc.
B. Origin of migraine headaches:
Due to the causative factors, pitta dosha obstructs the flow of vata dosha in the brain, causing throbbing pain.
C. Pain management-:
1. Avoiding the cause and trigger factors.
2. Keeping a diary record of specific foods were eaten, environmental exposure, sleep patterns may help to identify personal trigger factors.
3. Sneha nasya therapy at home-: sneha nasya, instillation of medicated oils to the nostrils by shadbindu tailam or anu tailam yield significant benefits.
4. Apply a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
5. Mix a quarter teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this paste on the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
6. Add chamomile powder to 1 cup of boiling water. Transfer the liquid to a cup. Drink when hot. It gives fast relief from migraine.
7. Take half glass of carrot juice. Add half glass of spinach juice. Mix well. Drink this juice twice daily.
8. Grind 10-12 grains of black pepper and 10-12 grains of rice with water to make it a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area of the head for 15-20 minutes.
9. Sugar powder 16 parts, vamshalochana 8 parts, pippali (long pepper) 4 parts, ela (cardamom) 2 parts, cinnamon - 1 part. Make fine powder and mix it, keep in tight moisture-free container. Take half teaspoon thrice daily with honey.
10. Aromatherapy- pitta calming aromas typically flower fragrances like lily, cloves, lotus, lavender, peppermint, rose, sandalwood are beneficial.
11. According to Ayurveda virechan (laxative therapy) is an effective way to reduce excess pitta. Castor oil or warm milk with ghee or triphla at bedtime is helpful.
12. Practicing meditation is highly recommended.
13. Morning and evening walk followed by brisk exercise is recommended.
14. Avoid hard physical exertional exercises and aggressive sports competitions.
15. Avoid working for long hours continuously; take short breaks. Have a good night's sleep (8hrs) in a dark room.
~~apple, mango, papaya, cheeku, guava.
~~salad 1hr before lunch, 1hr before dinner.
~~buttermilk, boiled rice sauted with cinnamon, cumin seeds and garlic or asfoetida are good in the daytime.
~~have warm and easily digestible foods, boiled and steamed vegetables, soups, vegetable juices, porridge, brown rice and whole-wheat flour.
~~avoid yogurt, especially at night.
~~avoid refined, oily, spicy, cold, sour foods (fermented, pickled) and stale food, aerated drinks.
~~avoid coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking.
~~avoid cheese, chocolate and wine.
E. Yogasanas and pranayama:
Hastapadasana, setu bandhasana, marjariasana, paschimottanasana, bhastrika and anulom-vilom pranayama.
Note: when suffering from a migraine attack:
~lie down in a dark, quiet place and get some sleep.
~~drink only water.
~~apply hot or cold compresses.
~~ consult doctor