Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sachin FegdeYour feedback matters!
I am 72 years old male. Few days ago I felt pain in my left eye after reading newspaper and feel pain while viewing tv programmer. I don't have any problem vision wise. Is this a possible symptom of cataract needing operation? I have been taking" ALBALON" drops, this has given me relief.
I am 18 year old boy. I have 1 D eyesight defect. I am not using spectacle. What I have to do to regain my eyesight.
Hi sir I hv a problem and that is I can not see far things n evng time I cnt see bit also jst bit I cn see.
Hello sir I have a sister age of 26 years old she got flame in her eyes when she wash her eyes with water and at night or day when she lay down for rest she got tears and her eyes became red. Please suggest me some medicine and tell about her problem and suggest me any best eye drops or any other medicine.
have done epi lasik surgery cmplted 25 days for eyes Still I have some blur when I will get clarity.
Sir. Viral conjunctivitis ke Karan mujhe dhundhla dikhai padta hai. Mai tear drop ka use kr rha huuuu. Kya ye completly thik ho skta hai. Plzzz help with us.
I need to spend lot of time sitting in front of computer screen and I also use cell phone more frequently so How to take care of my Eye sight?
Your eyes are one of the most significant of all the sense organs since it allows you to see things around you. It is essential to take good care of your eyes. But, many lack an awareness on ocular care. Read on to know a few lifestyle habits that will help in maintaining a good ocular hygiene thus ensuring normal vision.
Ensure your ocular hygiene with these healthy lifestyle habits
- Balanced diet: Eating right and maintaining a healthy diet does not just go for your overall health but your eye health as well. While carrots are good for your health, eating fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables offer the minerals and nutrients necessary for maintaining healthy eyesight. Dark leafy vegetables such as spinach or kale are especially good for eye health. Moreover, eating fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as tuna or salmon is very beneficial for maintaining proper eyesight.
- Right body weight: Body weight is indirectly related to eye health. An individual must maintain proper body weight since being overweight leads to health problems like diabetes and blood pressure. A person with diabetes is at risk of deteriorating eye sight caused by diabetic eye disease or glaucoma. If you have problems with weight maintenance, consult a health expert and seek professional guidance.
- Ocular hygiene: Maintaining ocular hygiene has become very important these days. Due to the level of pollution and germs around us, certain preventive measures need to be taken to prevent eye infections. People who play sports or perform other physical activities should wear protective eyewear. Wear safety goggles while swimming and make sure you wear polycarbonate eye gear if you play sports such as squash. These lenses are 10 times stronger than usual plastic and are available in protective eyewear stores as well as sporting goods stores.
- Quit smoking: Never take up smoking and if you already have then you better quit it as soon as possible. Just like for the rest of your body, smoking is very harmful to your eyesight as well. Research has proven that smoking causes severe macular degeneration, cataract and optic nerve damage in aging people. Over time, this can lead to permanent blindness.
- Protect your eyes: Sunglasses are not just meant for style, they also protect your eyes from harmful UV rays. While purchasing sunglasses, make sure the ones you purchase block out 99-100% UV-A and UV-B rays. Moreover, it is vital to give your eyes rest. If you work on the computer or watch TV, it is advised to look away from the screen for around 20 seconds in every 20 minute time interval. It is vital to get sufficient sleep as well.
Most of these tips may sound simple, but they are highly effective and can help avoid eye problems completely. And don’t forget to get your routine eye check-up done as well. All that is required is to incorporate these basic lifestyle changes to protect the amazing part of your body, your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
I felt some heavyness in my right eye regularly even after wearing spect. In morning i feel pain also in both the eyes. Can you help me for this.
My age is 27. I have been using contact lenses from last 10 years. My power is minus 4.5 on both eyes. Should I go for a laser surgery for a permanent solution. Are there any complications? Is Lasik surgery a good option?
I am suffering from CNVM in eyes where new blood vessels grow over retina and rupture leaving waste materials there. This left me almost blind in left eye 15 years before. Since 2012 same problem appeared in right eye but it is now under control after 7 avastin injections. I have to go for follow up in every 3 months. Is there any ayurvedic method of treatment to cure the condition? Please suggest
I am suffering from rp. I want to know about isotane gold .This medicine is made by Dr. Mahendra singh basu. Is this eye drop will help me for my eyes?
I have a problem in my eyes when I woke up early in the morning it seems like fog everywhere I felt very trouble from this problem please give me solution.
If your eyes suddenly look reddish and feel extremely itchy, you may be suffering from allergic conjunctivitis. Allergic conjunctivitis is triggered by exposure to allergens like pollen or mold spores. An allergy to eye drops or contact lens solution can also trigger this condition. Allergic conjunctivitis is a very common health condition and more common during the hay fever season.
There are two types of allergic conjunctivitis; acute allergic conjunctivitis and chronic allergic conjunctivitis. Acute allergic conjunctivitis is characterized by the swelling of eyelids and intense itchiness and burning. Amongst the two, this is a more common condition. Chronic allergic conjunctivitis can occur during any season and has symptoms that come and go. It is a milder response to allergens such as dust, food, pollen, chemical scents etc.
On presenting the symptoms of conjunctivitis to a doctor, he may ask for an allergy skin test, a blood test or a scraping of the conjunctival tissue to understand the type of conjunctivitis you are suffering from. Allergic conjunctivitis can be treated with a combination of medication and home care.
Antihistamines are the most common form of treatment for this disease. This can reduce and block the release of histamines in the body. Artificial eye drops may also be used to create a screen over the eye and prevent the eye from coming in contact with the allergen. Eye drops may also be used to shrink swollen blood vessels in the eye. Steroid eye drops may also be used along with anti inflammatory eye drops.
Home care to treat allergic conjunctivitis focuses on preventing the trigger. Today, apps on your phone can update you n the pollen levels in the air. Close your windows every time you notice a higher than normal pollen count and keep your home as dust free as possible. You could also use an air purifier in your home. Also, avoid exposure to strong chemicals, dyes, perfumes etc.
To avoid the condition from worsening, avoid rubbing your eyes and wash your hands every time you touch your eyes. Disinfect your towels, sheets and pillowcases that come in contact with your eyes every few days with hot water. Wash eyes with cold water twice daily especially after coming home from outside. Do not share your make up or brushes with other people. This is a healthy habit to follow even when you are not suffering from this condition. While you suffer from pink eye you should also not wear contact lenses. Once the eye has healed, discard the old lenses and replace them with a new pair. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
Blurred vision is most often a sign that you need corrective spectacles for near sightedness, far sightedness or astigmatism but it could also be a sign of a bigger problem including eye diseases or neurological problems. Blurred vision involves the loss of sharpness of vision and objects appearing hazy and out of focus. It can affect one eye or both eyes simultaneously.
Whatever be your age, it is a good idea to consult a doctor as you begin to experience a blurred vision. To measure the extent of your vision problem, a doctor will do a comprehensive eye examination including spatial contrast sensitivity and a standard eye chart test.
Some of the factors that trigger blurred vision are:
- Myopia or nearsightedness
- Hypermetropia or farsightedness
- Astigmatism caused by an irregularly shaped cornea
- Presbyopia - the diminished ability to focus on objects due to the hardening of the lens in the eye
- Dry eyes or the lack of lubrication on the surface of the eyes
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy
- Migraine headaches
- Temporary floaters in the eye formed by the liquefying of the gel in the eyes
- After effects of Lasik surgery
- Eye drops or medication
- Overuse of contact lenses
Blurred vision can also be a symptom of a serious condition such as cataract, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and cardiovascular diseases.
Treatment for blurred vision depends on the factors triggering it. Wearing corrective glasses can cure blurred vision caused by myopia, hypermetropia and astigmatism. These conditions can also be treated by Lasik surgery. For blurred vision related to diabetes, check your blood sugar and get it into its optimal range.
Exercises for the eye muscles can also help sharpen vision and lower the rate of eye muscle degeneration. Some of these exercises are:
- Alternately focus on an object close to you and another far from you for ten seconds each.
- Blink your eyes and hold for two seconds
- Roll your eyes clockwise and anticlockwise. Repeat 15-20 times.
- Rub your palms together to generate heat and place over your eyes to relax them.
A healthy diet with plenty of vitamin A can help keep your eyes healthy and prevent blurring of vision. Wearing sunglasses can also protect your eyes from harmful UV radiation and lower their rate of wear and tear. Lastly avoid reading in moving vehicles and holding a book too close to your face.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.