Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SabrinaYour feedback matters!
The human body is host to many microbes such as bacteria, fungi and other organisms. These organisms are natural to the body and are required for many functions. The female reproductive organ or the vagina is one such organ that is home to many such bacteria that help in maintaining the correct vaginal pH balance, the ultimate requisite for a healthy vagina.
However, if this delicate balance within the various micro-organisms is disrupted, it may cause problems such as irritation and itching.
Causes of vaginal itching and irritation
- Yeast infection: Just like bacteria, yeast is also present within the vagina and is required for a healthy pH balance within it. However, due to various factors, this balance can go topsy-turvy, thus causing yeast infections. The infections may cause a thick white discharge along with excessive itching and irritation.
- Skin irritation due to foreign products or contact dermatitis: This problem can occur on the skin of your body as well as the vagina. Dermatitis or irritation may be caused due to perfumes, products such as tampons, or sanitary napkins, detergents used to wash underwear, lubricants, and condoms among others.
- Common vaginal infections or bacterial vaginosis: This is the most common form of vaginal infection that women have reported to their gynaecologists. Just like yeast infections occur due to an imbalance in the level of healthy fungi within the vagina, bacterial vaginosis occurs when there is an imbalance with the levels of healthy bacteria within the body.
- Sexually transmitted disease or infections: This is also a very common reason for vaginal itching and irritation. Some of the common STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) or infections such as Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Genital herpes can all cause irritation and in most cases, will result in itching. Pubic lice, also commonly referred to as crabs, can cause itching and are mostly transferred through sexual contact.
- Hormonal changes within the body: This is another common and major factor for changes within the human body and can especially create problems within the female reproductive systems. If you start or stop taking contraceptive pills, have irregular periods, are pregnant or approaching menopause, your hormones may fluctuate a lot. This will result in changes within the vagina and thus, may cause itching and irritation.
- Skin disorders such psoriasis and eczema: Certain underlying conditions within the body may cause problems, such as psoriasis and eczema. These may end up causing infections near the vagina and result in itchiness and irritation as well.
Although you can try out home remedies, it is advisable to go to a doctor and get yourself checked for either gynaecological issues or underlying physiological issues which may be causing the problems in the first place. Some of the medications that could be prescribed to you could be anti-inflammatory drugs as well as antibiotics, either in the form of oral medications or topical ointments. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Intrauterine insemination or IUI is a form of artificial insemination that involves the sperm being placed inside the uterus of a woman for bringing about fertilization. The aim of this procedure is to enhance the number of sperms that successfully reach the fallopian tubes and fertilize an egg, thereby increasing your chances of getting pregnant. Depending on the cause of your infertility, the procedure can be synchronized with fertility drugs or your ovulation cycle.
When should you go for IUI?
While reduced sperm mobility or a low sperm count may be the reason this procedure is opted for, there are certain conditions that may cause you and your partner to opt for IUI:
- If the cause of your infertility doesn't have any medical explanation
- Problems with ejaculation affecting the release of semen
- Problems associated with cervical mucus can hinder the journey of the sperm from the vagina to the fallopian tubes
- Scarring of the cervix due to past surgical procedures, rendering the sperm unable to enter the uterus
At the same time, the procedure is not recommended for women who suffer from:
- A disease of the fallopian tubes
- Past episodes of pelvic infections
- Mild to severe endometriosis (a condition wherein the womb's lining grows outside it)
What happens after IUI?
The procedure takes up only a few minutes of your time and causes very little discomfort. Following the procedure, you'll be told to lie on your back for a short period of time, after which you can get back to your normal routine the same day. You can expect instances of light spotting, which will go away after two days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
After the advent of the internet, the availability of pornography or explicit video material has become widespread. The availability of this material resulted in a large section of the population relying on it for sexual pleasures as well as living their fantasies through the digital realm. Internet porn is the new kid on the block in the world of addiction:
Easy accessibility of porn can give you a quick spike of dopamine through sexual pleasure have resulted in patterns of addiction among many boys and girls. Porn addiction is a phenomenon which has been exacerbated by the easy availability of pornography on the internet. It has not only affected sexual habits such as masturbation, but has also caused hindrances in the daily lives of people and has affecting their relationships.
A brain on porn is similar to a brain on alcohol
While it may seem a bit far-fetched, studies of brain scans have shown that people watching porn experience the same effects or pleasure that alcohol gives them. It is a neural circuit which releases pleasure hormones when you sexually pleasure yourself by masturbating to porn. The reward circuit of the brain recognizes this pattern and starts creating please pathways where you want more of it. As you keep doing it more and more, the resistance level increases and you tend to need more. This is a classic sign of addiction.
Healthy and unhealthy masturbation
Masturbation is a natural and normal process that every human indulges in. However, a brain addicted to porn will use it as an addict uses a substance. Masturbation is the physical act through which the dopamine would be released. Once it has become an addiction, you would either want to have the daily fix for at least a few hours which you would ensure to take out of your daily routine. This time could have been invested in other fruitful activities when it ends up going to the addiction. In some cases, studies have shown that many would rather do it a few times a week but, would spend extended hours masturbating to porn.
Effects of excess masturbation
Some of the effects of porn addiction and excessive masturbation could be
- Premature ejaculation problem ( quick masturbation leads to chronic less timing to discharge)
- Erectile dysfunction when you are with a partner and in a real life scenario due to dependence on particular porn fantasies
- Inability to have or form intimate relationships which are not just sexual but emotional and mental as well
- Lethargy to go to work or school due to addiction related problems
- Breakdown in relationships, even with family members and friends
Thus, it is imperative that you seek sexologist or sexual counsellor for help to slow down the habit and break the cycle of addiction and ensure that you are able to lead a normal life without disruptions so as to allow yourself to be able to form normal sexual relationships.