Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.P Rao
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. S.P RaoYour feedback matters!
I often gets sore throat followed by cough. I take antibiotics. But it takes nearly a month to cure. Thanks.
I have debris in my tonsils. Is there any cure for this. They always comes back in some days. I feel some pain in my jaw due to this too.
Dear Doctors I am 24 year old. I live in new delhi. i have done four times my right year mastoid sergery. last two times in Max Saket New delhi. some doctors says that your ear nerve has damaged but my hearing is good approx. 80%. my problem is that numbness in ear and upper portion of right head. i feel that brain is not working, i can't visualise any thing. please advise me . thank you
I have suffer with ear pain problem and when I hear some vehicle sound then my body some shivering and headache can I know the reason? please reply.
Feeling itching and fluids coming from ears while using ear phone? Is Cleaning the ear is a solution?
A nose bleed can take place due to a number of reasons, which usually all boil down to acute dryness of the nasal passages. The nosebleed and dryness can stem from sinus, allergic reactions, constant blowing of the nose, infections, and also during very harsh winter months when there is no lubrication in the nose. Nose bleed can also occur due due to conditions, such as high blood pressure and when a foreign object gets stuck inside the nose. Here are a few tips on treating nosebleeds.
- First step: The very first action when you experience a nose bleed should be to sit down. Once you are sitting, you should firmly pinch the spot that is soft. This lies just above the nostril. Do this for at least ten to fifteen minutes. The trick is to stay upright rather than lying down as this will bring down the blood pressure in the nasal blood vessels to stop further bleeding.
- Breathe: Breathe with your mouth as you lean forward to help in draining the blood into your nose, rather than out of it or towards the throat.
- Ice compress: Find a bag of frozen corn or peas in your freezer or an ice pack, and press this firmly against the nose to help in stemming the bleeding. As you are doing so, do not forget to cover the bridge of your nose with a towel so that it prevents you from catching a cold.
- Medication and side effects: If you are on any kind of anticoagulants that end up thinning the blood, then you may immediately want to see your doctor about a possible side effects and a change in the medication. This could also be an effect of haemophilia where the bleeding does not stop.
- Children: If a child who is under the age of two years suffers from such nosebleeds, then you will need to rush him or her to the doctor immediately as it could point at a more serious problem.
- Anaemia: Nose bleeds could also suggest the presence of anaemia, so you may want to see your doctor about lab tests to determine and possibly rule out this cause. You can also start medication accordingly for this kind of an ailment.
- Nasal Packing: The doctor can carry out this procedure with the help of gauze that can seal the spot where the bleeding is happening.
- Cautery: This is a minor procedure that involves burning the blood vessel that is causing the persistent bleeding with a stick of silver nitrate. The stick will be inserted after local anaesthesia is administered to the patient.
You must see a doctor for severe and prolonged bleeding. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!