Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ruksana MhateYour feedback matters!
Please doctor tell me my breast are very loose please which medicine is helpful to become tight breast please tell me.
Many studies have shown that excessive caffeine intake affects your chances of conceiving by influencing the ovulation, hormone, and the fallopian tubes but the opinions on this issue are divided. However, research on this topic mostly indicates that, though caffeine can give you a kickstart in the morning, it can have quite a reverse effect on your efforts to conceive.
How intake of excessive caffeine reduces your chances of conceiving?
The fallopian tubes are responsible for carrying the eggs from ovaries to the uterus by rhythmic movements and too much caffeine can affect this movement and cause disruption in the journey of the eggs. Moreover, consuming more caffeine has also been associated with baby's growth restriction, miscarriages, and weight issues. It is preferable to get rid of caffeine altogether from your diet when you are trying to conceive but if you are an avid coffee drinker then you might want to cut back or replace your caffeine intake with milk and syrup which is far more healthy and beneficial.
Which foods and beverages do you need to avoid?
There are so many caffeinated foods and beverages, that it is almost impossible to avoid them. But it is better to take note of them so that you can regulate your caffeine intake. Coffee, tea, soft drinks, energy drinks are obvious sources of caffeine as they are supposed to give you energy. Some herbal teas also contain caffeine. Chocolate, ice creams and candies with coffee flavors, over the counter drugs for allergies, cold and headache also contain caffeine so it is important to read the ingredients list before consuming any of them.
To higher your chances of getting pregnant, it is important to cut back on caffeine. Most doctors are of the opinion that exceeding 50 mg of caffeine intake daily can seriously hamper your chances of conceiving.
I'm 36 and my wife is 34. Sir, in the year 2016 my wife conceived but after three months ultra sound depicts the multiple congenial abnormalities. So doctors advice us for DNC. Which was done on 15 aug 2016 After one year we are trying for the second baby but she is not able to conceive since April 2017 Is triple marker test helpful for us to analyze the possible abnormalities of would be coming baby Note my wife is Jit pregnant.
Hi i am Heaviness in lower abdomen while standing after sitting for some time since few months. Monthly period is regular. This can be due to what reason. Kindly give a solution.
Dr. I am just 19, and I am 3 weeks pregnant, please suggest some medicine which I would easily get in medical stores without prescription formalities. Plzz help me.
Hello doctor, main pcos patient hu. Filhaal mera gynecologist se pregnancy conceive karne ke liye treatment chal raha hai ismein unhone hsg test, follicular study karwaya hai or fertyl 50 mg bhi di thi. Ab 14 days ke liye mujhe susten 200 mg di 21 April 2016 ko 14 days pure ho gaye lekin aj mujhe apne pahle bete jo 4 saal ka hai. Use mene utha liye jisse mujhe halke si bleeding ho gayi or ab kuch nahi hai. Pls tell me.
I think my wife has cysts. But I am not sure. So please tell me what to do and the symptoms. Thank you.
Hi doc. I'm 25 yrs, 112 kgs, 155 cm height. I have PCOD, got continuous bleeding over 3 months, and have taken medications for that. My doc advised me to undergo Bariatric surgery. But I'm very much confused and depressed about doing surgery and all. I'm not interested too. And one Doctor advised me to follow Paleo diet or a good protein diet for weight loss. I need a true guidance in this moment, I'm really very much worried and depressed about my body. Please doc help me.
Her period is continuing and today is her 1st day. She saw that the colour of the blood on her pad was black colour. It had not happened before. Is this a serious problem? And why it happened? Please help.
Can a girl get pregnant if she do sex during periods? that is when it was bleeding in periods. And she took unwanted 72 within 48 hours of sex?
Female infertility affects nearly 40 million women world over, as per medical studies. If the female patient is not able to conceive after trying for a period of over six months without the use of any protection or contraception, there are chances that she may be suffering from infertility. This condition must be checked and treated at the earliest. Read on to know more about the various causes behind female infertility.
- Fallopian Tubes: When the fallopian tubes undergo any kind of damage, it may lead to infertility for the woman in question. These tubes are used by the eggs as they travel from the ovaries to the uterus. The eggs meet the sperm in order for the baby to be conceived and to develop. Pelvic infections and pelvic surgery can cause scarring and bleeding which can stop the sperm and the egg from meeting. This scarring may also come about as a result of endometriosis.
- Hormonal Issues: There are a variety of hormones at play within one's body at any given point of time, and a balance of these hormones is absolutely essential for the various functions of the body to be carried out in a normal manner. When the body does not go through proper hormonal changes that are required for the release of the egg, this can prevent the pregnancy from happening. This can also lead to a thickening of the uterine lining which can stop the egg from travelling from the ovaries.
- Cervical Problems: The cervix is one of the most important parts of the female reproductive system. It is a passage that can be found at the lower end of the womb. When there is a condition that may affect the cervix of the female patient, it can also prevent the sperm from travelling through the cervical canal in order to reach the egg. This comes about as a symptom of a cervical problem.
- Uterine Problem: One may develop polyps or fibroids within the uterus, thus giving rise to difficulties when it comes to getting pregnant. These growths can usually be found when there are too many cells thriving in the endometrium, which is basically the lining of the uterus.
- Unexplained Reasons: There are a number of 'unexplained' reasons that can prevent pregnancy. These reasons plague almost 20% of the couples who are suffering from infertility or the inability to conceive a baby.
- Tests: While the diagnosis of the condition can be done with the help of an HSG test using an ultrasound, the doctor can also use this method to check for fallopian tube blockages. A laparoscopy may also be used for diagnosis.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Water is vital for our survival. Our body is constituted with 70% water and we may well surmise from this, how essential water is for our health. For the proper functioning of our body systems, we need to maintain the right proportion of water in our bodies at all points of time. It is often taught to us that drinking water is a habit that must not only be inculcated in one and all but also be practiced diligently. There are certain immediate health benefits attached to consumption of adequate water. It stimulates proper digestion, regulates the kidney functioning and supplies the body with the essential nutrients. Water is one of the best resorts for detoxification of your body. The appropriate quantity of water intake is also necessary for watching over one's weight. Indiscriminate amount of water content in the body often adversely affects your metabolism which in turn asserts a negative impact on your body weight. The ideal amount of water that needs to be consumed varies from person to person. The measure is dependent on one's stature and the level of activity.
What is the correct measure?
Toppling the notions about the standard intake being 8 glasses a day, contemporary physicians recommend that the sufficient quantum of water depends upon a multitude of factors. Climate and altitude is one of them. For drier conditions, the water requirement of the body is more than in those situated in the coastal conditions. Similarly, for those based on higher altitudes, your body shall need more water to sustain than those in the lower areas. Considering the huge influence that your water intake has on your metabolism level, your level of activities also determines how much of water you should consume on a daily basis.
A commendable practice is to reach out for a glass of water the first thing in the morning. You should not remain dehydrated for a fair stretch of time. It often leads to all kinds of ailments. Instead of gulping down large quantities of water at one go, you should drink smaller sips all throughout the day to meet the body's requirements of water adeptly.
Good breast health is very necessary for a woman to avoid the risks of getting breast diseases, most particularly breast cancer. But there are some common mistakes most women make without knowing that they contribute to the threats of breast diseases. Read on to know which common habits may be bad for your breast health and what lifestyle alterations you can make to avoid them.
1. Not taking requisite care of your breasts with increasing age
The chances of developing diseases like breast cancer increase with age, especially as you enter the 40s and 50s. Most women don't consider their chronological age with requisite seriousness and this can expose them to higher risks of breast diseases. As you hit 40, you should sincerely make it a habit to get regular clinical exams to maintain proper breast health.
2. Not considering an annual mammogram
An x-ray of the breasts is known as a mammogram which is usually performed to detect premature symptoms of breast cancer. Studies reveal that a large number of women do not consider getting an annual mammogram done even after the age of 40. Experts are of the opinion that this can be threatening to your breast health as a delay of even a few months can result in developed and undetected breast cancer symptoms. So, it is recommended that after entering your 40s get a mammogram done after every year.
3. Not keeping track of your weight
According to researchers, women who have bmi (body mass index) more than 25 are considered obese and have greater chances of developing breast diseases in comparison to women having a balanced weight. The risk rises due to increase in the formation of oestrogen caused by the greater number of fat cells. Increased level of oestrogen is responsible for the growth of 'hormone-receptor-positive' type of breast cancer. You should try to eat healthy and regularly monitor your weight to avoid obesity.
4. Avoiding exercise
Avoiding exercise can have adverse effects on your breast health. Studies prove that women who exercise for about 4 to 7 hours every week have lower chances of developing breast diseases. This is due to the fact that regular workout ensures limited blood levels of the hormone 'insulin growth factor' which significantly influences the growth and behaviour of breast cells. So, start exercising from today to stay fit and maintain proper breast health.
5. Drinking too much alcohol
Regular consumption of alcohol increases risks of breast cancer as it causes damage to the DNA in cells. Moreover, it raises levels of oestrogen and other hormones responsible for triggering 'hormone-receptor-positive' breast cancer. You can avoid this risk by keeping your alcohol consumption to moderate levels and reserved for special occasions.
6. Exposing yourself to too many chemicals in the form of cosmetics
Most women use too many cosmetic products containing certain chemicals that increase their chances of developing breast diseases. This happens because often these chemicals tend to disturb the hormonal balance of the body by mimicking or blocking certain hormones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
All living creatures work on energy and a smooth functioning of the different metabolic processes in the body. The energies or “prana/chi/qi” are of different kinds and have their own distinct path of flow and influence. Air energy is better known as the air we breathe and from younger days we learn in school books that air purifies the blood in the lungs. The nose, the windpipe are the pathways and the transfer of energy happens in the lungs, on the blood. This blood feeds/influences the health of each and every cell of the body. The points of influence are the nose and windpipe.
Similarly, there are subtle energies that have their own specific pathways called Meridians. These energies are also associated with special metabolic functions and better known by names that associate with the main organ in the line of their path. For example, digestive energies are associated with the Liver meridian that follows a distinct path in the full body. There are specific zones along this path that can influence the manner in which energy flows along these paths and change the metabolic process of that energy meridian.
These points of influence are called äcu-points’. Pressure applied along these points is referred to as Acupressure treatment”. When needles are used, it is called Acupuncture treatment. The manner in which the Acupuncturist will choose a group of points will stimulate or sedate the activity of toes energies. This will allow the body to regain better health.
The needles help to regulate the flow of energy. Acupuncture is an exact science and needles are inserted into the skin at the point of influence. The depth of insertion, kind of needle, selection of points, angle in which needles are inserted, depth of needle insertion, twisting/turning of the needle, duration of therapy, the frequency of treatment; all these will create a change in the metabolic energies of the body.
A lot of research is being done all over the world to find out how this system works and what it is best suited for. Some medical conditions are easily treated and some take time. Very good medical clinical data is published in leading medical journal regarding these studies. Acupuncture has proved to be very useful in pain management; detoxification; healing enhancement; stress relief; improve digestion and few other health issues. Pure Acupressure medical science claims it is useful for all kinds of health disorder; modern medical research is by and by being able to prove this slowly.
Typically, the process of an Acupuncture treatment will follow these steps:
The acupuncture points are located throughout your body, and at times, the points may be located far away from a pain-affected area. The process of treatment involves the following steps:
- Needle insertion
- Around five to 20 needles are utilized in typical acupuncture treatments.
- The needles are quite thin and do not cause much discomfort.
- Needle manipulation
- After the needle insertion, the needles are moved or twirled. Sometimes, in addition to insertion, heat or electric pulses is applied to the needles.
- Needle removal
- Commonly, the acupuncture needles are kept in place for around 20 to 45 minutes while the patient is relaxed in a lying down position.
The most important benefits of acupuncture are as follows:
- Reduces headache and migraines
- It is quite effective for the management of chronic headaches.
- Based on several studies and research, it has been proven that acupuncture is ideal for the treatment of migraine headaches.
- The strategically placed acupuncture needles help in relieving the symptoms of headache.
- Improves pain of various types
- Acupuncture is considered to be effective in dealing with pain, such as chronic back pain, neck pain, knee pain and arthritis pain.
- Helps in insomnia treatment
- Acupuncture is beneficial in reducing the various symptoms of insomnia and sleeplessness.
- It works better than medicines and herbs for treating insomnia.
- Moreover, the treatment is not associated with adverse side effects.
- Helps in improving cancer and chemotherapy recovery
- Studies state that acupuncture is effective in boosting your immunity and enhances the recovery rate of patients undergoing cancer treatment.
- It also increases your platelet count and prevents the death of healthy cells after undergoing a radiation therapy or chemotherapy.
- It reduces the amount of pain involved in cancer treatment and improves your quality of life.
- The major side effect of chemotherapy includes nausea.
- Prevents cognitive decline
- Acupuncture is also effective in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
- The age-related cognitive decline symptoms that are caused because of a neutral response in certain areas of your brain are reduced by this treatment.
Acupuncture is also being successfully used to treat digestive disorders; hormone imbalances; stress and depression; bone healing; reducing inflammation; preventing to treating diabetes; overcome acidity; hair fall and many other diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an acupuncturist.
Sex during pregnancy - is it safe?
If you're pregnant, you may be curious or worry whether it's safe to have sex and how you can go about it. The good thing is, it's perfectly safe to have sex during pregnancy. You might find that your sex drive is uncontrollable during your pregnancy you may go through phases of being very sex driven, and then phases of not wanting sex at all so it's important to know about sex during pregnancy and what you can expect.
While sex is safe for most couples during pregnancy, the most difficult part may be having sex in a way that's enjoyable and comfortable for you particularly if you're far along with your pregnancy. It can take a little time to explore and experiment together to work out what's comfortable and pleasurable for you both, especially if you have a bump in the way! your breasts might feel tender, and it may be uncomfortable if your partner penetrates too deeply, so it might be better to lie on your sides with your partner behind; this way he won't put any pressure on your bump but can penetrate and stimulate you at the same time.
You can also:
- straddle your partner as he lies on his back. This way, there is no pressure on your belly and you can control the pace.
- lie side by side with your partner facing your back, and entering you from behind.
- support yourself on your knees and elbows, and have your partner kneel and enter you from behind.
Be aware that it's common for women to experience some bleeding during intercourse whilst pregnant, especially in their first trimester. This is cause by the normal swelling of capillaries in the cervix, which can burst when irritated during sex. Spotting (random spots of blood) is generally nothing to worry about, however you should mention it to your midwife just to let her know if this does happen. However, if you are ever losing a lot of blood, you should consult your doctor immediately and get checked out at the hospital.
It's important to talk about sex with your partner. Your partner's desire for sex may equally increase or decrease during your pregnancy, and be aware that he might feel very cautious about having sex with the fear of hurting you or the baby, so be sure to communicate what feels good and positions that you're comfortable with. Try experimenting with different sexual positions to find ones that suit you both. It may take time to get used to it, particularly as your bump grows bigger, however there is no reason why you should stop having sex just because of your pregnancy.
If you have any queries or worries, the best thing to do is consult your midwife or doctor and they can offer guidance and reassurance about sex during your pregnancy.