Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. RuchikaYour feedback matters!
I have continuous back pain. I can not sleep, I can not hardly walk, I can not stand and I can not sit long time an my back cracks. What can I do?
I am 26 years old and have a backache I have used many creams medicine referred doctor but no cure for my backache.
Most of us are used to sitting throughout the day, willingly or unwillingly due to work or otherwise. We spend more hours sitting, and most of our work is done in this position. The downsides of this are many, one of them being a stiff back which not only causes a lot of pain but also initiates many other health problems.
Train yourselves on these highly effective exercises which minimise the pain and keep your muscles active.
1. Back press: put towel on your back and press the towel with the back. Hold that position for 10 sec. Repeat 10 times. Do not hold your breath while applying pressure at the back.
2. Bridges: lie on the floor, bend your knees and secure your feet on the ground. Raise your hips upwards so that your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees. Release and go back to previous position.
3. Knee to chest exercise: just lie down on an exercise mat, bend your one knee while lying and try to touch that knee to the stomach. Hold it for 10 seconds. Repeat this with the other leg. Alternate the legs each time.
4. Bilateral knee to chest: bend both the knees while lying on bed. With support of your hands try bringing both bent knees to touch the stomach. Hold that position for 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
5. Static abdominal exercise: lying on your back, try to contract your stomach without holding your breath. Hold it for 10 seconds. Repeat the exercise for 7 or 10 times.
6. Knee to opposite chest: lying on your back, bend your knees. Try bringing one knee to opposite side of the chest and hold that position for 7 sec. Do this for 7 times and repeat the same for the other leg too.
7: leg swings: these are easy and fun. Stand by the wall, hold on to a rod or something similar to keep balance. Now with the leg that is not towards the wall, swing. Swing your leg from front to back, left to right. Do not be too quick, do this at a mediocre pace. Repeat with the other leg.
8: static glutei: lying on the stomach, squeeze your buttock and hold it for 10 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
1. Avoid bending instantly after or during the exercises. Incase you have to bend, first bend your knee then bend your back to pick up anything from ground.
2. While getting up from bed first turn to one side while lying, sideways then get up from bed slowly.
3. Apply hot pack in back whenever there is pain.
4. Try to sleep in hard part of mattress not in soft mattress.
I am having fever back pain muscle pain stomach pain now. Sometimes nausea also. Bowel patter is normal. What should I do?
I am 19 years old male. I have trouble sleeping because of swelling knee, i've already apply oil and massage but does not work, what should I do?
I feeling pain bellow the heel altime. Right legs pain is more than the left legs. Please help me. Thanking you, Subrata Dutta.
I had a slip disc 4 years back. MRI showed L5-S1 with 8mm gap. I took medications also along with physiotherapy sessions but still pain in back. Numbness in leg and morning stiffness is there. I take Intagesic -MR for pain relief regularly. Please advice how to get rid of the pain and also if any other painkillers for this?
Hello sir. I had fallen from table last year ten I left shoulder dislocated at that tym. I went to hospital and doctor did some minor operation like set hand in origin. And hand became good as normally bt whenever my hand again dislocate. So I want to know it will completely fine as before or not if I do operation.
It's observed that we notice back ache at least once in our life time
One in 3 all over world experience this problem
3 major cause we come across in the back ache are:
- Spondylitis inflammation at spinal canal
- Spondylolisthesis - slip disc
- Spondylosis - degenerative change
Ayurveda line of treatment works wonder in all major causes of back ache
It is also packed with patya- diatory intake
Local treatment of panchakarma and also other effective shamanoushadis where you can feel best pain manegment in day to day life style.
Sir I am 27 years unmarried boy, I have sugar in urine not in blood, my main problems are -urine frequently, early morning back pain, erection these are the problems I am facing from last 4 years. I smoke marijuana and taken over alcohol with this I did over masturbation nearly everyday 4 times, I did these things from this time period 2009 to 2013, 2013 onwards I stop every thing after I am facing these health problems back pain, sugar in urine, erection, is these problems with this marijuana.
I am 36 year old and from last few days I feel that my left knee is in having so much pain and also sometimes its turn when I up-down on stairs, what is the problem and what you suggest me now?
Cervical spondylosis is an age related disorder affecting the discs and joints in your neck. The overuse of the bone and cartilage in the cervical spine of your neck leads to cervical spondylosis. While it is mostly caused by age, it can also be caused by other factors. Stiffness and severe, chronic pain are the most common problems with patients afflicted with cervical spondylosis. While in others, it might not cause problems and they can go about their daily activities.
Physiotherapy for Cervical Spondylosis
There is no cure for cervical spondylosis, but its symptoms can be treated with physiotherapy. If you have chronic pain in your neck, shoulder blades or arms, a physiotherapist can provide effective pain relief by strengthening your vertebrae and neck. This will improve your posture and prevent any relapse of the pain.
Firstly, the physiotherapist will evaluate your condition; check your reflexes and strength. Then, the physiotherapist will move on to the following treatments:
- Stretching, strengthening and straightening exercises: Before beginning these exercises, your physiotherapist will first apply cold or heat to the affected area and then proceed with a deep tissue massage or electric stimulation. When your muscles are relaxed, the exercises will begin only then. These exercises are performed to strengthen the muscles in your neck. Through these, you will learn how to improve your range of movement and posture.
- Neck traction: Pulling your head to stretch out your spine is called neck traction. This technique is used to improve movement and ease the pain. Traction is used to open the spaces between the vertebras gently in order to ease pressure on the distressed discs. Traction is done continuously or sporadically, with short periods of rest in between. If you cannot find the right physiotherapist to do this for you, there are devices to help you stretch your spine.
- Cervical collars and pillows: Neck pillows or cervical pillows, are made to keep your neck steady while you sleep. Cervical collars are also called neck braces which are used to support the neck. While cervical collars have been proven to be quite beneficial, there isn’t much evidence to support cervical pillows in treating cervical spondylosis. You can always consult physiotherapist before purchasing a cervical pillow.