Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ruchi ThanawalaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am having a problem with my tooth one of the tooth is colour changed like light brown when I fell down from vehicle so I wanna change it may I know the details I mean I want to keep cap on it.
Hi am rudzani from south africa, I suffer from 1. Mouth sore 2. My teeth bleed when brushing my teeth. 3. I usually chew my mouth inside Help.
My front teeth gums are getting down with yellowish colour in it. I don't know what it is. When I asked my elders they are saying to massage on regular basis.
Hello sir my teeth pain when I drink cold water and eating anything cold so please give me a reason why?
I have a problem in my tooth cavity In my tooth the blood is coming always I couldn't able to solve it properly please tell me how could I cure this type of problem.
I have been suffering from pain a very big pain in my mouth with a small part and how can I decrease my mouth pain by using tablets.
Hi I'm a male please suggest me the best oral care tips for my teeth and gums and bad breath please suggest me the best toothpaste best toothbrush and best mouthwash which is cheap and also works well and make my teeth white and gums strong please help me out with it.
2 days ago i had terrible toothache.I took painkiller and washed my mouth with lukewarm water.Its bit fine.But still wenever i touch dat particular it pains a lot tooth with gum.What to do?
I am having pain in my jaw at times. The pain is when opening the mouth and move the jaw upward and downward. There will be pain in the left ear at times. If necessary shall I have to consult and ent surgeon or dental surgeon.
Eating a piece of cheese after a meal helps in pulling away some of the plaque and leftover tiny food particles from meals. And since it contains calcium, it adds to the health of teeth and bones as well.
My teeth became yellow any things not suit on him and sometimes bleeding And mouth smell was very bad, what I do help me sir.
My teeth is paining is there any tablet or any medicine for this please suggest me as it is paining too much.
I have developed a little ulcer near the leukoplakia area under the right side of my tongue. Will it automatically disappear and can be automatically cured if can leave smoking?
My teeth gums are paining. I can't eat food even with less spicy. Gums burn when I eat spicy food. Pls help what to do.
Everyday, blood comes out of my gums, when I spit, all blood comes out, what to do, how to control it.
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.