Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha TelwaniYour feedback matters!
Insulin is the most common treatment prescribed for people affected with diabetes. Diabetes is condition where high amounts of glucose prevail in the blood for an extended period of time. However, there are some drugs that offer an alternative to insulin in treating diabetes, which are
- Liraglutide: Liraglutide is a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) drug that causes the body to release greater amounts of insulin so as to facilitate the movement of glucose from the blood to the cells. People with type 2 diabetes generally use this treatment. It slows the digestion process and can cause symptoms of headache and nausea.
- Pramlintide: It's an artificially produced version of amylin. It is taken by both type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients, facilitates slower digestion of food and therefore controls release of sugar in the blood. It can cause tiredness and nausea.
- Dulaglutide: This treatment is for people affected with type 2 diabetes and it is administered once a week. It causes more insulin to be released and pass the glucose to the cells. It can cause loss of appetite, nausea and abdominal cramps as side effects.
- Albiglutide: This treatment facilitates pancreas to release insulin and limits the glucagon hormone production. It is used by type 2 diabetes patients who have not taken well to other treatments. The side effects are skin reaction, respiratory tract infection and nausea.
- Exenatide: It is a drug that causes pancreas to release insulin that facilitates movement of glucose to cells. It is a treatment for type 2 diabetes and it restricts release of glucagon in the body. The possible side effects are acidity, constipation and vomiting.
My mother is suffering from diabetes. Sugar level is high every time. How it should be low. Plzz help.
I am 65 years old & am diabatic with high b p since 15years. I am under medication. For last six months I am having constipation. All home made treatment like papita trifia kabazhaar etc work for short time. Physical work out pranayaama is being done regulary. I am vaat dominant. It appears of blockage of wind. Please Suggest remedy.
Y parents aged 58 both are diabetic. Can they take multivitamin tab like zevit or any other that you suggest as a supplement? If yes, then for how long? Also my father's hemoglobin count is low around 9%. Please help.
I have belly fat which is best way to reduce that playing badminton or doing belly exercise in home give me ideas.
I m diabetic n cant manage it I also take insulin my diabetes is always on the higher side inspite of taking insulin.I have diabetes frm last 7years
I want to lose my weight and what kind of diet should I take at morning and afternoon and evening suggest me the juices and foods.
Sir, question is regarding diet and nutrition Some days ago, I have seen an add about bodybuilding, diet/supplements n food. They collect the blood sample n undergo its different parameters. And finally the suggest food n diet accordingly, do you think its genuine? Its necessary to check blood sample for suggesting diet and all?
I am 27 years old I got diabetes 1 year ago. One of my friend suggested me to have a 100ml of pomegranate juice daily for improving sperm count and reducing risk of vascular disease. Can I have pomegranate juice daily being a diabetic patient?
My age is 24 years and height is 170 cm and according to it what should be my weight? Presently my weight is 75 kg, it is good for health?
I am very overweight, due seating work, so please tip me to loose the weight without any exercise. Mohit Gupta.
Do spend atleast 30 minutes every day in routine such as cycling swimming or dancing as regular basis in same time is advisable to have or to maintain fitness along with balanced and nutritional diet