Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha TelwaniYour feedback matters!
I am 54 years old getting problem in stomach 01. Always feel gases 02. Constipation 03 regular bowels 04. During toilet very uneasy I feel.
How to remove extra tummy without any gym. There is very conjustive tummy I have. Please solve my issue.
Hi doctor. This is rajendra, M29. Weight 87 kg. Height 5'8" I used to go for gym for a month , maintain proper diet for that month and I quit. Next few months I see myself gaining weight more than I was before. I reach to 80 kg weight and then I gain 6-8 kgs after I quit doing exercises. Im a bachelor. I take only outside food .I want to be healthy. Kindly suggest me good diet .
Consult a physiotherapist if you have experienced a fall recently and the discomfort caused due to it has not subsided.
It’s true that physical activities and sports can do wonders for your health. But, they can also be dangerous for your health, when it comes to injuries. While on one hand exercise provides you relief from stress, it can leave you with different kinds of injuries. However, there is no need to worry as these injuries are treatable. They can be treated by physical therapies. Here are some of the common injuries that can be cured by physical therapy:
- Ligament tearing and damage of tendons: This condition is very painful. It occurs due to any accident, trauma or serious injury at the time of exercising or sports activity. Sometimes, it is required to undertake a surgery in order to fix up the tendons or ligaments. However, physical therapy can treat this condition.
- Tendinitis: It is a common condition. It is nothing but the inflammation of the tissues around muscles and bones. This usually occurs in the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, or ankle.
- Fractures: This is a very common type of injury. Be it skiing or walking, you can anytime meet with an accident and develop fractures. Physical therapy is first applied to give back the strength of the muscles in the affected part.
- Arthritis: It is a common problem in athletes. It occurs due to repetitive motion, such as swinging a racket. It is similar to other conditions in which there are a muscle tear or sprain. These can be treated by physical therapy.
- Dislocations: This is a condition in which the bones move out of their positions. It might occur due to a sudden fall or blow during any physical activity.
- Low Back Pain: It is a common problem for ageing people. It can be mild to severe. If you are having a low back pain for more than six months, you must consult a doctor immediately. Frequent sessions of physical therapy are advised for over a prolonged period to get rid of the pain.
Physical therapy is not just to heal your injury. There are clinics which now offer preventive evaluations. These are done to determine the muscle weakness in your body. If the therapist finds any problem in the body, he tried to strengthen the muscle in the area to avoid chances of meeting accidents or falling prone to injuries.
3 Tips to choose a physical therapist
- Be sporty: Choose a clinic that offers treatment to athletes and is not for regular patients.
- Look for certifications: Find out whether the clinic is certified to meet your requirements. Check whether they have a sports certified specialist (SCS) or an orthopaedic clinical specialist (OCS)
- Do background check: Ask others to get feedback on the clinic. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
Sorry for wrong details. I am skinny. And want to gain muscle weight. Kindly suggest some vegetarian measures.
I am 37 year old I have diabetic person since 10 year. Average dignities 240 I take glysien mf tablet but super not control what can I do.
Hi. My dad suffered from diabetic ketoacidosis. Now his se creat is elevated. Will only protein restricted diet will help?
Hi. Before 2 month I have c section delivery. I want to loss my weight. When I start running and other exercise.
Avocado and Mango both are rich in vitamins and minerals but which one should you choose?
Remember that the more food travels, the lesser will be nutrition. So consume seasonal & local fruits and vegetables.
Mangoes are even big yes for weight loss as it calms sugar cravings and slows down the development of fat cells.
Can I have mango if I have diabetes? Yes
Can I have mango if I have cholesterol? Yes
Can I have mango if have high bp? Yes
Remember, moderation is the key. And eat fruits on their own or first thing in the morning. Do not consume with or right after/before meals.
For all those who are concerned if mango really works for weight loss:
your mango can help you become lean and toned, but you've got to eat it at the right time. Here's how it works: a mango, eaten with a meal, alters the ph balance or acidity of the stomach and disturbs both the glycemic index and glycemic load of your meal. When a mango is eaten on its own, exactly like the way you often eat your papaya and melon, the sugars and the micro-nutrients in the fruit are much more available to the body than they would be, when it is consumed along with, or right after a meal. So eat your mango after dinner, or have it, as some of us love to do, as aamras, with hot puris, and sure, you will be expanding that ring around your waist.
Eat it first thing in the morning, or just after physical exercise, and it may just help you get that six pack.
If you have any further questions on issues related to nutrition or diet, ask me by clicking on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.