Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravinder J WattalYour feedback matters!
My child is 1yr 9 months old, suffering from cough and fever from last 3 days. Not only this time very often he suffer for the same. This time Amoxycillin oral suspension I. P and terbutaline sulphate, Bromhexine Hydrochloride, Guaiphenesin Syrup started from yesterday. What more treatment is needed for him?
My son is 4 years old from past couple of months he is passing his motion immediately as soon as he eat I had consulted our family doctor he is homeopathy says its normal but he looks very sick kindly suggest what to do next.
Thalassemia is a type of a disease, resulting in the abnormal production of hemoglobin in the blood. Hemoglobin stimulates oxygen circulation all over the body. Therefore, a dip in the hemoglobin count can lead to anemia, a disease inducing weakness as well as fatigue. Acute anemia can take a toll on the organs and ultimately cause death.
Severe thalassemia in children yields symptoms, such as dark urine, abdominal swelling, slow growth, jaundice, a pale appearance and deformed skull bones. Diarrhea, frequent fevers and eating disorders are also common.
- Blood transfusions: Regular blood transfusion is the only treatment needed for beta thalassemia aiming to keep sufficient Hb level to avoid long-term complications, though bone marrow transplant is radical cure for the disease.
- Iron chelation therapy: The hemoglobin in the red blood cells is rich in iron-protein that gets deposited in the blood with regular blood transfusion. This condition is known as iron overload as it damages heart, liver and various parts of the body. Iron chelation therapy is used to prevent this damage as it helps to remove the excess iron from the body. Deferoxamine and Deferasirox are two such medicines used for this therapy.
- Folic acid supplements: Folic acid being a B vitamin produces healthy red blood cells and is therefore recommended as a substitute for the above procedures.
- Transplant of blood and marrow stem cell: A blood and a marrow (a substance within the cavities of bones where blood cells are produced) transplant replaces the faulty stem cells with healthy ones contributed by a donor.
My baby is not gaining much weight, what could b the reason is he not getting enough feed , he is 1.5 months old now and he has gained 400 gms in 1 month
Hi my daughter is 22 months old she left mothers milk just. 1 week before but now she is not eating or drinking anything. We struggle a lot for many hours to feed very very little 2 or 3 swallow food. Please advise as we are very worried.
My child is 7 month old. His immune power is very. He suffered from cough and cold quickly in 15 days. Please suggest me something to increase his immunity.
My grand son certain times exhibit aggrieved behaviour. He does not socialise with other kids. and is stuborn his age is 3 years. I apprehend that he is suffering from adhd syndrome. Whom should I consult. a psychiatrist or a psychologist ?
She is only for 10 month old and my big daugther is 2 and half year old and she have a small white doted in his face.
My daughter is 4 year old. She is suffering from cough last 6 month & also dark circles under eyes. please suggest what to do.
Did you know that there are certain foods that increase your child's height naturally? Foods that are rich in essential nutrients such as Vitamins, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium etc can prove to be highly instrumental in adding extra inches to your child's height. Read on...
1. Whole Grains - Whole grains are rich sources of Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B, which play a very vital role in promoting your child's growth during his/her budding years. Additionally, whole grains also contain calories and carbohydrates, which ensure the maintenance of proper weight in your child, imparting him/her with the requisite energy to go on throughout the day. Feed your child whole-grain breads, cereals and pastas to make him healthier and taller.
2. Milk - Milk contains calcium and Vitamin D, which help in bone development during the growing years of a child, besides increasing his/her physical strength. Milk also helps in assimilating different proteins making it one of the best foods to be consumed by your child for attaining a good height. Three servings of milk, or milk products such as cheese or yoghurt, each day will suffice your child's Vitamin D and calcium requirement.
3. Fruits and Vegetables - Fruits are excellent sources of Vitamin A, which is instrumental in ensuring an enhanced rate of bone growth in your child, consequently making him/her taller. You can include carrots, mangoes, sweet potatoes, spinach etc. in your child?s diet to aid his/her height growth. It's advisable to provide him/her with 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
4. Eggs - To ensure that your child grows taller naturally, providing him/her with a protein rich diet is very crucial. Eggs contain ample amount of protein needed to keep your child energetic throughout the day and help him/her grow taller. One to two eggs per day is considered to be the ideal intake amount for a child.
5. Soybeans - Soybeans are rich sources of protein and help in enhancing the growth of bones and muscles of your child, which in turn adds to his/her height during the budding years. You can cook various soybean dishes or you can add ground soybean powder to the dough while making rotis to make soybean a part of your child?s diet.
Although a child's height is also dependent on his/her genes, a well balanced diet containing these super-foods will increase your child's chances of growing to the fullest to attain a good height.