Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Raj PurohitYour feedback matters!
Hey I was a smoker for last 5 yrs, consuming 5 cigarettes per day. But now I have quit smoking since one month back. But I'm really scared of the disease called lungs cancer. Do I undergo any diagnosis for my suspicion? If yes then please tell me what kind of diagnosis needed to be done? And is there any exercise or artificial way through which tar can be pulled out from our lungs. If yes then do put light on those methods. Thank you.
Hiii last nyt I had sex with my boyfriend he just bite on my breast very hardly. And now its paining very hard and my nipples hav been turned black. So tell me what to do. And what should I apply.
Hi sir/Mam Main 22 saal ki ladki hun, maine 2 din pehle breast Usg kiya kyunki meri breast pe pain or lump feel hota tha. Report pe likha hai "Focal Changes Of Fibroadenosis In Both Breasts" Or aj maine jab apne underarm pe hat dala toh woha ek fish eyeball ki tarhah lump feel huya. Main kya karu, Mere underarm ke andar kya huya? Mujhe bohat dar lagraha hai.
Walnuts are better source of energy than non veg. Is it true? How walnuts and almonds help in fighting cancer? What is the amount and method to take?
Do pcod patients will have cancer in future? One of my doctor friend told me this Nd now I'm scared cuz I have pcod and homeopathy treatment le rahi hu. please let me know. I was not taking pcod sersly. But now I'm like I'll do exercise and ol Thyroid bhi hai muje.
Can I continue to use complementary therapies, take herbal remedies or vitamin supplements when I'm on chemotherapy?
How to clean my heart. How to prepare health food. Which symptoms in cancer. How to check my weight?
Due to sex, my wife feels her breast became large and heavy, as compared to her normal size. What should she do to get her normal size back?
Cervical cancer is highly preventable with regular screening tests and appropriate follow-up care. It also can be cured when found early and treated. Cervical cancer is almost always caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). Vaccines are available to protect against the types of HPV that most often cause cervical cancer.
Two tests can help prevent cervical cancer or find it early—
•The Pap test (or Pap smear) looks for precancers, which are cell changes on the cervix that might become cervical cancer if they are not treated appropriately.
•The HPV test looks for the virus that can cause these cell changes.
The Pap test is recommended for women between ages 21 and 65, and can be done in a doctor’s office or clinic. Women should start getting Pap tests regularly at age 21. If your Pap test results are normal, your doctor may say you can wait three years until your next Pap test. If you are 30 years old or older, you may choose to have an HPV test along with the Pap test. Both tests can be performed by your doctor at the same time. If your test results are normal, your chance of getting cervical cancer in the next few years is very low. Your doctor may then say you can wait as long as five years for your next screening.
Why does my child need HPV vaccine?
HPV vaccine is important because it protects against cancers caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) infection.HPV infection can cause cervical, vaginal, and vulvar cancers in women; penile cancer in men; and anal cancer, cancer of the back of the throat (oropharynx), and genital warts in both men and women.
When should my child be vaccinated?
The HPV vaccine is recommended for preteen boys and girls at age 11 or 12 so they are protected before ever being exposed to the virus. HPV vaccine also produces a more robust immune response during the preteen years. Finally, older teens are less likely to get heath check-ups than preteens. If your teen hasn't gotten the vaccine yet, talk to their doctor or nurse about getting it for them as soon as possible
3 Things Parents Need to Know about Preventing Cancers
The HPV vaccine is given in 3 shots. The second shot is given 1 or 2 months after the first shot. Then a third shot is given 6 months after the first shot.
IN new current concept
Girls between 9-15 years need two doses of Cervical cancer vaccine ( HPV Vaccine) at 6 months apart
After 15 years Three Doses are required at 0 ,6 ,24 months
A breast lump is an enlargement, swell, protuberance or a bump that is different than the breast tissue surrounding it. Breast lumps can appear in men as well as women and they can be benign or malignant. Causes of benign breast lumps are as follows:
- Fibroadenosis: Also known as Fibro-cystic breast disease, it is a benign condition that affects the breast. It may affect either of the breasts or both. One of the major symptoms of Fibroadenosis is a breast lump. Usually, the lumpiness disappears after the menstrual cycle is over. Fibroadenosis occurs because the breast tissue doesn’t respond well to the hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle.
- Fibroadenomas: Fibroadenomas occur because of abnormal response to the hormone oestrogen. The lumps are usually well formed and round, around the milk ducts of the breast. Breast lumps due to Fibroadenomas are called breast mice, because they move around the breast. In some cases, they disappear and in some, they tend enlarge during pregnancy.
Other benign causes of breast lumps are breast abscesses, breast cysts, lipoma (lump of fat), mastitis (infection in the breast tissues), fat necrosis (another name for breast lumps) and intraductal papilloma (benign tumour of the milk ducts in the breast). A breast lump that is firm, well defined and doesn’t move around, i.e. it doesn’t disappear after your period or pregnancy, may be a result of breast cancer.
Treatment of breast lumps
The treatment of a breast lump depends on its cause. Benign breast lumps usually disappear over time. Otherwise following treatments can be considered as per the doctor’s discretion-
- Medication: If the breast lumps are painful or increase over time, it is advisable to take medication.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and other painkillers like paracetamol
- Danazol, Tamoxifen or Bromocriptine are administered to treat breast pain as well
- Antibiotics which are administered to cure breast abscesses that are caused due bacterial infections
- Limiting the amount of fat in the diet or wearing well fitting bras also reduces the amount of pain due to breast lumps.
- Certain types of breast lumps are filled with fluid or pus. This fluid can be drained through a procedure called aspiration or drainage.
- A radical way to treat a breast lump is surgery. Many a times, these lumps get bigger and painful and the most effective way to deal with it is to remove it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My mother in law is 80. She has recently been operated for breast cancer her breast is removed. Drs have suggested chemo therapy but she is undergoing homeopathy treatment. Is it ok?
I have been used to smoking from last 2years but before 6 month ago I quite smoking would like to know will I be suffering from cancer or can I control.
Sir I have been detected with colon cancer. 2 growths are seen one in my ascending colon and another at caecum. And it is moderately differentiated carcinoma. What should I do now?
What are told symptoms of cancer? If it passes by jeans or hereditary? If it passes from father to a son?
Hi there. I am having pain in my breast and nipple. From last 3 days. And also normal stomach pain. My period is overdue. I am married. And have several times of sex with my hubby. What is the reason of this pain. Is I am pregnant. Or having any issues. Please suggest. Thanks.
Hello Dr. I am 41 male and for the last five year I am on medication for BPH and doing fine. Just few days back Dr. advised me for Ultrasound of Abdomen. Every thing comes out normal except it showed partially distended Urinary Bladder and but off course enlarged prostate. Also apart from Prostate and partially distended bladder there is something fatty infiltration of liver mentioned. My Dr. Says its OK and there is nothing to worry about. Kindly suggest.
Cancer is becoming the disease of modern times as with changing lifestyles, more and more people are developing this disease. Research has shown up multiple options, but these options are not without side effects. Cases of immunosuppression, weight loss, hair loss, etc., are just a few of them. Therefore, there is constant work being done to identify alternate methods of arresting cancer and preventing it.
While these alternate methods do not help in curing cancer, they definitely help in managing the signs and symptoms of cancer. This makes a lot of sense as even with conventional treatments, beyond a certain point, chemotherapy only helps in palliation and is not a complete cure.
- Acupuncture: This practice of inserting needles at specific points in the body helps in relieving nausea caused by cancer and also helps improve pain to a large extent. However, this should not be used in people who are on anticoagulants and have poor platelet count. Getting an experienced person to do it is also very essential.
- Exercise: The chronic fatigue, which sets in with cancer, can be greatly reduced by regular exercise. Talk to a private physician to identify what would work for you, taking into account overall status and plan accordingly. This will also improve sleep patterns and your overall quality of life.
- Hypnosis: For extreme stress and anxiety induced by cancer, hypnosis is a good option. It helps calm the mind and soothes the body to relax completely. It also helps in reducing the nausea and vomiting that is often associated with chemotherapy.
- Ayurveda: Ayurveda has multiple proven substances, which are known to detox the system and control cancer growth cells.
- Massage: Superficial and deep massage have definite benefits in chemotherapy. This relieves the muscle tension and stress associated with chemotherapy. Specific conditions like bone condition, pain type, etc., have to be taken into account before planning for this. Also invest in a good experience personnel to do this, as wrong hands may cause more damage.
- Meditation: The deep breathing and relaxation that happens with meditation helps control stress and anxiety in people with cancer. The advantage is that it can be done by the person at any time, anywhere, without investing in any equipment.
- Yoga: By combining body movements with relaxation techniques, yoga does wonders for the body. It improves agility, improves mental alertness, controls anxiety, improves metabolism, and is an effective detoxification method. A good yoga instructor can help in designing the right program to get the maximum benefits.
- Music therapy: Whether it is simple listening to music, writing songs, or playing an instrument, music has its healing powers. Having a group also helps as a form of supportive therapy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.