Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul ThakareYour feedback matters!
An attack of gout occurs when excess uric acid is deposited in a joint and forms crystals. The joint treats these crystals as foreign invaders. To fight the invaders, the joint sounds out signals that it needs help. The body makes more white blood cells, which are delivered to the joint through the blood stream. These white cells release chemicals that cause inflammation, swelling and pain.
Uric acid results when purines, a group of chemicals present in all body tissues and many foods, are broken down. It has no useful function in the human body.
Normally, uric acid is excreted in the urine. This keeps blood levels low. But some men have inherited a metabolic glitch that allows too much uric acid to build up in the blood. Ninety percent of the time the build-up occurs because the kidneys don’t excrete enough uric acid. But sometimes the body just produces too much of the pesky chemical.
As the most common type of inflammatory arthritis, gout is often overlooked as a serious disease. In fact, 7 in 10 adults don’t know that gout is a form of arthritis. Gout is associated with other serious conditions such as obesity, high blood pressure, insulin resistance and blood lipid issues, which are dangerous and can potentially become life-threatening. Gout is an extremely painful disease, yet just one in five think of gout as a “serious” condition.
While gout can affect a number of joints, it most commonly affects the big toe. Consumption of alcoholic beverages – particularly beer – has been linked to gout flares. While people who don’t drink beer can still get gout, studies have shown that those who do drink beer are more likely to suffer from attacks.
There are a number of factors that can contribute to gout attacks, including high uric acid levels greater than 6 mg/dL and consumption of alcohol. Taking steps like getting your uric acid levels checked regularly and avoiding trigger foods and drinks, like red meat and alcohol, can help to reduce future attacks.
Certain foods – including shellfish, like lobster – have been linked to an increase in gout flares. As part of a low-purine diet, patients are encouraged to include more foods such as low-fat or non-fat dairy products, fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, nuts and grains. Keeping the body well hydrated, helps your kidneys excrete the excess Uric acid secreted.
While allopathic medicine only prescribes pain killers it does not get down to the root cause.
Homeopathy works well here. It gets to the root cause and helps you bounce back to good health. A thorough case taking by a homeopath is necessary to arrive at the right remedy. Some of the remedies that work for gout are
Urtica urens, Aurum muriaticum natronatum, Solidago, Coccus cacti, Acidum flouricum, Actaea spicata,China officinalis, Caullophyllum, Bryonia alba, Benzoicum acidum, Kalium iodatum.Kali bromicum, Rhus tox
I have pain in neck and shoulders for the last two weeks. Kindly advise what should I do to enable me to get relief from pain And let me know what is the reason of this problem.
Meniscus refers to the soft ligament in your knee joint, which cushions your bones and protects it from wear and tear. It is vital for the fulfilment of regular activities and the health of your bones. Thus, a damage to the meniscus can be extremely painful. Meniscuses are exposed to injuries and shocks in case of rigorous activities and this is a fairly common syndrome faced by athletes and sports persons. It can cause a substantial amount of hurt and generally impairs movement to a large extent. It potentially gets worse as the inflammation sets in and the swelling grows. The risk of a meniscus tear increases with age. The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective.
Symptoms of a torn meniscus
1. You might be able to experience a popping sensation in your knee joint
2. Stiffness and swelling
3. You will experience pain, especially while you are trying to twist your knee
4. You might not be able to straighten your knee completely
The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective:
1. Light exercises: For slightly serious meniscus tears, there are certain knee exercises which are recommended to abort any further damage as well as to repair the wound. Limiting the activities which might exert pressure on the knees, getting adequate rest, using ice packs and wearing neoprene sleeves always aid in recovery.
2. Anti-inflammatory medications: Often, meniscus tears are cured with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen. They not only reduce pain but also enable the mending of the injured tissue. However, one needs to be aware of a few side effects which often become natural repercussions of such drugs. Possibility of ulcers and bleeding get increased by leaps and bounds on the intake of such drugs.
3. Surgery: For all other forms of meniscus tears, if healing is not obtained through non-surgical methods, the only option available is that of surgery. Such a situation arises when the pain becomes unbearable and the meniscus tear does not respond favorably to superficial treatments. These surgeries are less complicated than replacement surgeries. They usually do not involve any life threatening hazard and cautious and efficiently conducted surgeries release all pains and handicaps.