Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Priti VaidyaYour feedback matters!
Iron deficiency is a common condition in children. It occurs when there is a scarcity of iron in the child's system due to malnutrition. Iron is an extremely important mineral that is required for growth and development in young ones. It is used in transporting oxygen through the bloodstream and is essential for the functioning of the muscles. If the child's diet lacks iron then the condition might worsen and turn into anemia.
Children need different levels of iron intake at different ages for proper development of all mental and physical faculties. As the child gets older and reaches the age of puberty, the requirement of iron and other minerals also increases. Deficiencies can lead to various nutritional disorders that may cause severe complications.
The primary cause of iron deficiency in children is an improper diet which leads to a lack of nourishment. There are a number of other causes of the problem, some of which are as follows:
- Low birth weight
- Excessive intake of cow's milk at less than 2 years of age
- Feeding exclusively on breastmilk beyond 6 months of age
- Lead poisoning
- Pure vegetarian diet with insufficient sources of iron such as green vegetables
- Gastrointestinal disease or infection
- Improper diet of the mother during pregnancy
- Chronic diarrhea
- Infestation of parasites in the digestive system.
If the problem arises due to dietary deficiency, it can be easily solved by making simple modifications to the child's diet plan. If the condition stems from other factors or diseases, the child must be taken to a doctor immediately for a medical diagnosis and remedial treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
Breastfeeding mothers need to be conscious and aware of their diets. How the mother eats is how the child gets its nutrition. While they do not need any major changes from what they were eating during the pregnancy, a few adjustments are advised. A few basic adjustments in daily routine are enough. They are:
1. Eat very well - Eat a balanced diet to suit your health. Remember, first it is important to meet your nutritional needs. Only when you are eating well would the quality and quantity of your milk be ideal for your baby. Do not diet under any circumstance. We understand you wish to lose all the pregnancy weight soon, but remember, you child is your priority now. When you diet, your body will start drawing on its reserves. This will affect milk production. By dieting, you will also lack the amount of stamina you need to take care of your baby. Be aware that feeling extra hungry during breastfeeding is normal. Your body is working around the clock. Eat small meals at regular intervals to keep your hunger satisfied, your weight concern at bay and your body strong.
2. Don't count your calories - Not until you are breastfeeding. You need at least 500 calories more than you did when you were not breastfeeding. Don't let this shock you, your child will be feeding off you. There are other ways to regulate your weight and lose the extra pounds gained during pregnancy, do not compromise on food at all.
3. Do not rush to exercise - Consult your doctor and ask for suitable exercises for your body. You might have stitches which are yet to dry, so don't be hasty. Get your workout regime planned professionally and under guidance.
4. Do not avoid fats - Eat healthy foods and opt for good fats. Foods that are good for you and for milk production are a big yes. Foods which do not contribute in any positive way can be done without. They will only harm you in the long run.
5. Avoid alcohol - Stay away, and if you do want to indulge consult your doctor. An occasional drink is usually okay, still it is better you abstain altogether until you stop breastfeeding. And if you do have a drink, feed at least after two hours.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Hi Doctor, my kid 3years old now, from the time of birth till now he will cry a lot. We are unable to see this crying. For example if he want chocolate and if we deney to give he will start crying till he get that one, by crying a lot and then get tired and he will fall sleep. He will speak few words and just trying now to talk but most of the things he will not understand. How can I make him control and how to make him understand the things. please help me out. We met pediatric neurologist and then took EEG, MRI SCAN, every thing is normal. He is taking homeopathic medical, as he is having speech delayed which was suggested by home doctor.
My daughter got fever when she was vaccinated at 6 weeks and 10 weeks , but at at 14 weeks , she doesn't got any fever. Is it normal or should I need to see a doctor ?
My baby has 3 month old nd he has cold from last 10 days. At sleep time it's difficult to breath for him we use nasivion medicine but it doesn't effective please suggest me best medicine for baby.
HOMOEOPATHY FOR BABIES AND CHILDREN
Homoeopathy is ideal for babies and children as it is a gentle yet highly effective system of medicine. Homeopathic remedies taste good and children like them the highly diluted natural substances that from homeopathic remedies mean that they are safe to use in the very young, including newborn babies.
More than that, homoeopathy can raise the immunity of your children to help deal with illness throughout their childhood. Homeopathy not only helps when your child is ill. It can also help prevent illness and give support through difficult periods of their life. Homeopathy works fast with children because they are usually full of vitality. Acute conditions such as ear infections, tonsillitis and flu, can be resolved rapidly using the right remedies, often avoiding the need for conventional medicines. Babies also tend to respond quickly to homeopathic treatment. On a more serious note, there are children with serious behavior problems! Yes, homeopathy works for these too!
Kids today face more responsibility, uncertainty, pressure, and other ”grown-up” issues than any generation in the past. If your child or teenager is experiencing stress, the primary goal is to resolve the source of anxiety. Unfortunately, this isn’t always possible—at least immediately. In some cases, it may not even be in the best interest of the child. Since stress has gotten such a bad rap, sometimes it’s easy to forget that, some stress is positive—it challenges us to grow. An example of positive stress is the challenge of participating in sports or learning a musical instrument.
Homeopathic alternatives treat the whole child. Today there are many pediatricians preffering homoeopathic treatment for their children and patients in various pediatric conditions.
Reasons why homoeopathy should be adopted for children:-
- Safe medicine: homoeopathic medicines are free from harmfull effects and 100% non toxic.
- Homoeopathy: effective and quick treatment-children being more sensitive, respond quicker to homoeopathy.
- Homoeopathy: scientific and Natural medicine- Homoeopathy can be scientifically checked and positive .
My 3.3 Years Son remains constipated. He does not passes stool daily. Though we offer him dalia, papaya and fruits, less milk with high sugar. On daily basis but he resist to pass stool or even sit on his potty seat. He sits there plays and get down. Because of which he is low on appetite and remains full most of the time without eating. Please advise how to deal with this? We started giving him loose syrup also 5ml twice daily still it is difficult to make him sit and concentrate to discharge stool. Dnt want to put him on too much medicine for this. Can anyone help on this please or this is a normal stage for toddlers?
My baby tended to look to the left and her head has become flat on left. Now she only wants to sleep on his right side and cries while I sleep her on her back. She is also uncomfortable in lap. Will it cause problems for her when she grows up. If yes what to do to correct the problem.
Hello doctor my brother age is 10 years old. He is really aggressive and hyper child. He is good in studies but he get hyper very fast and start beating or throwing thing to other. He always play games on tv and moreover he always used to fight in school. Nowdays I am really fedup with his behavior. Every teacher complain about him. Please suggest me how to tackle him and how to counsel him.
My baby is 3.5 mnth old he is having loose motions and little bit fever from 4-5 days. What could be the reason?
My daughter child age is 4 months started, he is started to roll over lie on tummy, he is drinking 120 ml every 3 hours, I think this is not enough for him, can I feed him cerelac rice or wheat.
During the 1st month of age, I fed my baby every 2 hrs in a day. She is in 2nd month now. Do I continue feeding like this? or what should be the frequency of feeding?
Loss or impairment of hearing can happen due to a variety of causes and may be temporary or permanent in nature, depending on the type and severity of the condition. One of the most common causes of hearing impairment is age. The degeneration of one's vital organs and senses becomes a reality for many people as the advancement of age happens, and the delicate insides of the ears are no different. Noise pollution, injury to the ear drum or any other part of the ear, as well as the movement of particles inside are only a few of the many reasons for loss of hearing. One of the many ways of dealing with long term hearing impairment is by using a hearing aid.
Read on to know how you can regain your hearing with hearing aids:
- Long Forgotten Sound: A hearing aid will help you reacquaint yourself with long forgotten and subtle sounds that you may not have been able to hear for a long time. Many times, this kind of impairment also makes us forget to notice the fact that we do not hear so many normal sounds in our everyday lives - sounds that we probably did not notice even earlier. This may include the whirring of a fan, the whoosh of the air, the pitter patter of pets' feet and so much more. A hearing aid will help in bringing about an adjustment to these sounds that you will actually end up discovering again.
- Technicalities: The hearing aid basically works by letting your hearing and ears readjust to the various volumes, intensity and vibrations that one feels when different sounds reach the ears. This helps in hearing better.
- Amplification: A hearing aid is basically an electroacoustic device that fits in neatly behind your ear where it is tucked away from plain sight. This device helps in amplifying sounds so that you can catch them and hear them more clearly.
- Modulation: The ENT specialist will usually prescribe a certain kind of hearing aid based on your individual condition in terms of volume, size, power and circulation. These factors help in modulating the sounds in a certain way so that they reach the nerve pathways from the inner ear and travel to the brain in a proper and effective way. This is usually done in a customised way to cater to the specific type and cause of your hearing loss.
Using a hearing aid is a matter of retraining your hearing rather than restoring it completely. These aids will be helpful in regaining a better sense of hearing within the condition you are going through, rather than reversing the condition completely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.