Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priti Vaidya
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Priti VaidyaYour feedback matters!
My son is 11 month old. His stomach is like balloon. Even his stomach is empty. He eats rava, cerelac, vegetable soup, rice with moong dal khichdi; potato, and then 3 time pasteurized milk from 1 week. Passing potty 4 time. Taking medicine from 4 days. I his potty test salmonella skin is present. Doctor gave nutrolin -B dry syrup for 10 days.
My baby is 25 days old and every time she passes gas or even otherwise little poops comes out. Her normal poops are abut 3 to 4 times per day but this small ones means I am changing her nappy in every five minutes. Please advise is this normal or not.
My son is 3 years old, he have mouth infection like we say mouth ulcer, every month once he get this, in that time he get fever also and also vomiting. Why he get like this?
What is ADHD?
ADHD refers to attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is a brain-related condition found among preschoolers, children, teenagers and in many cases extends well into adulthood. These individuals have significant impairment in academics as well as social situations and interpersonal relations. The child has difficulty sustaining attention, phases of hyper activeness and cannot control his/her impulses which make their day to day life at school and home difficult.
The symptoms of this disorder among children can be categorized under three headings.
1.Hyperactivity which includes -
- Fidgets often
- Inability to stay at one place runs around and tries to climb things
- Trouble playing quietly
- Excessive talking
2. Inattention, which can be divided into symptoms like
- Getting easily distracted
- Tendency to loose things
- Facing problems related to organizing things
- Not listening carefully
- Forgetting about daily activities, carelessness
- Interrupts others as they speak and talks out of turn
- Answers questions without listening to what has been asked
10-12% of school children before puberty are affected by one or more types of ADHD. ADHD especially hyperactivity is more prevalent in boys than in girls, with the ratio up to 9:1. Inattention and poor concentration are more commonly seen amongst girls. The rate of ADHD in parents and sibling of children with ADHD is 5-10 times higher than in the general population.
The probable causes of ADHD among children are,
1. Neurodevelopmental changes - Poorly developed activity of the brain particularly in the areas that control attention and concentration cause ADHD. This causes an imbalance in the neurotransmitters or the chemicals important for brain functioning and development.
2. Genetic Factors - genetic studies show that ADHD is largely hereditary in nature with a heritability of 75% approximately.
Tip: Gonorrhea is Contagious. But is it Only Sexually Transmitted?
What can we give as breakfast and lunch. Evening times what we can give. For 9 months baby. She is not eating. vomiting. Also tell me how to make my baby skin fair. She was very very good. So many of my relatives were telling like papa is very beautiful and last that made my papa health bad. How to overcome it. Tell me please.
I have 7 months baby and he fell off from bed and I have noticed that he is sleeping more than before. Is that true that my notice is true or not? If so what is the reason for that.
Atopic dermatitis is an inflammatory skin disease that most commonly affects children during their first year of life. This is also commonly noted in older children and occasionally in adults. This disease causes severe itching that many a times leads to skin infection. These rashes are commonly seen over the scalp, neck, cheeks and face. As the child grows older and also in adults, the rashes mainly appear in body creases and folds.
The exact cause of atopic dermatitis is still under research but it is believed that people with the following are at risk of getting atopic dermatitis-
Dermatitis is not caused by food allergies but people with dermatitis are allergic to certain type of food like milk and other dairy products, shellfish and nuts.
- Dry itchy and scaly skin
- Redness and rashes
- Scratching and itching
- Appears bumpy and develop knots in thickened areas
If left untreated, atopic dermatitis may results in:
- Asthma and hay fever: More than half of the children with atopic dermatitis develop asthma and hay fever by age 13.
- Chronic itchy, scaly skin: Atopic dermatitis can cause the affected skin to become discolored, thick and leathery.
- Skin infections: Repeated scratching that breaks the skin can cause cracks and open sores. These increase the risk of infection.
- Irritant hand dermatitis: This especially affects people whose core work requires their hands to be wet and exposed to detergents, harsh soaps, and disinfectants.
- Sleep problems. The itch-scratch cycle can result in poor sleep quality.
It’s important to visit the dermatologist for treatment to control the disease and prevent it from worsening. Treatment includes medicines to control itching, reduce skin inflammation (redness and swelling) and clear infection.
The dermatologist will also suggest lifestyle modifications which are very important to manage the disease.
Tips for people with dermatitis-
Ways to ease discomfort :
- Make sure the humidity and temperature levels are comfortable.
- Apply moisturizer twice daily to make sure the skin does not get dry and cracks.
- Enquire your doctor about how to use wet wrap therapy and its effects.
- Make sure your child’s finger nails are cut short and smooth.
Bathing care -
- Bath your child with warm water not with hot water and make sure you complete the bath within 5-10 mins.
- Just pat the skin after bath with soft cotton towels and don’t make it dry completely.
- Apply the medicine if advised after bath. Make sure you apply the medicine before the skin gets completely dry.
- Apply moisturizer over the medicated skin.
- Avoid bubble bath and prefer bleach bath every two days if the skin gets infected.
Choosing right clothes-
- Uses limited amount of detergents to wash the clothes.
- Rinse the clothes with adequate amount of water and dry it completely under direct sunlight.
- Wash new clothes with plain water before wearing to your child to remove excess dyes and fragrances.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!