Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Preety Deshpande
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Preety DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
I was suffering from deep vein thrombosis last year. Now no blood clouting in veins but still there is so much swelling in effected area.
I am suffering from dark spots on my face from 2 years, used many creams but no use. They disappear for some days and cone back soon.
I have a fair skin tone and my skin type is oily. I have a problem of blackheads all over my face specially on cheeks and nose. Due to blackheads my skin pores appear to be larger. I have this problem since I was 13. I have consulted homeopathic doctors but it did not work. I wish I could get back that clear skin. Please help me. Thank you in advance.
I am 23 years old. I have a problem of white spots since I am 6-7 years old. I tried almost everything but didn't get a better result. Will you help me please?
I am 31 years women. These days I am having deep dark circles under my eyes n my skin is also getting darker n dull. What should I do to get rid of these.
I had boils on my bump before few days I had pressed my boils before ripening then after where the boils is present become hard and swelled so what should I do should I apply hot bag at the portion where is swelling is there there is no pain but when I press it there is slightly pain so please prescribe me what should I do.
I am suffering from a critical infection on my hand which looks like fungal infection or ringworm. After some treatment it starts spreading again. Also I have taken many medicines but it gets spread again. Please tell me what to do. I am very disturbed. Please suggest me a solutions to remove it permanently.
Birthmarks are dark spots/blemishes that are present at birth or appear soon after. Most of them are harmless and while some disappear with time, some don't. Birthmarks may cause a person to be conscious of their appearance and some types of marks may even pose health problems. You can opt for birthmark removal for cosmetic or health reasons.
Types of birthmarks
The two major types of birthmarks are vascular birthmarks, which are caused due to the incorrect formation of blood vessels; and pigmented birthmarks that are caused due to an overgrowth of pigmentation cells.
Common vascular birthmarks are 3 types:
- Haemangiomas: Bright red or bluish marks that may appear above or below the skin's surface.
- Port-wine stains: They are discolorations found mainly on the neck, face arms or legs, which look like wine was spilled on that area of the body.
- Macular stains: These are faint red marks often found on the forehead, eyelids, nape of the neck, nose or the upper lip.
Pigmented birthmarks are generally of 3 types- Cafe-au-lait spots, which are common coffee colored spots; Mongolian spots that are flat, bluish-gray patches on the lower back or buttocks; and moles that may be tan or black, flat or raised and may have hair growing out of them. Moles may develop into skin cancer.
So, in cases where a birthmark can be potentially fatal for your health, it's best to get it removed.
Here are the different ways you can choose from if you intend to get your birthmark removed.
1. Laser surgery - It's a widely popular birthmark procedure, especially for port-wine stains. A yellow light laser, called flashlamp pumped a dye laser, is commonly used for treating and removing birthmarks in children. Haemangiomas are generally treated with a pulsed eye laser when they start to grow in size and become thicker than before.
2. Surgery - Surgical excision can help remove a birthmark and minimize the resulting scar. Mongolian birthmarks, port-wine stains, and haemangiomas can be treated with surgery.
3. Cryosurgery and Electrodessication - Cryosurgery is the application of extreme cold to the affected area to destroy the diseased tissue. Electrodessication refers to the destruction of tissues by dehydration induced by a high-frequency electric current.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have a lot of acne scars on my face. How to get rid of them n also how to reduce the sperm count. I masturbate daily twice.
I am 26 years old girl and have black marks in shoulder and have dandruff problem. Also I lost more hair everyday. Please help to fix my problem.
Namaskar sir/mdm mera age 20 he mein badly lips pathne ka sikar hota hun. Har din phatta he in whole 12 month. Bahut paresan hoon please achha sa solution bata dijiye.
I have been using many creams for my cracked heels since 4 months. All are just for temporary relief. Where is the problem? What to do now?
I am 19 years old girl and I have lots of hair on my face how can these hair b decreased and please recommend me a bleach which is good for skin.
I have dark spade in my below eye. This darkness my face also. Please give me a solution that I may helpful to you.
Given their nature of work, athletes are at an increased risk of acquiring skin infections. These infections can lead to serious consequences if they are left untreated.
Here are 5 ways in which skin conditions in athletes can be prevented.
1. Keeping the bruises clean and covered - It is important for you to keep the cuts and scrapes clean as well as covered with bandages until they heal because such openings in the skin weaken its defence against germs and increase the possibility of infections.
2. Taking care of the blisters - Make sure that you prevent blisters as much as you can because they make your skin susceptible to infections. Use gels, sprays, ice pads etc. and try to avoid getting sunburnt to prevent dangerous skin conditions.
3. Be mindful of what you wear - It is important for athletes to wear moisture-wicking clothes because sweat, if not made to dry, can lead to growth of germs that can cause a number of skin diseases and infections. Also, not wearing foot wear outside the field can lead to infections on the feet.
4. Maintaining good hygiene - Take a shower after every practice session and game using an antimicrobial soap. Besides, use a clean towel and avoid sharing your personal care items like razor, soap etc. with other athletes. This is extremely important in order to reduce the risk of bacterial infection.
5. Disinfect all your equipment and go for skin checkups - Make sure that you disinfect all your equipment like the protective gear, gloves, socks etc. after every use. Also, get regular skin checkups done, especially if you are associated with high-risk sports like wrestling, boxing etc. There is an increased possibility of skin injuries, sores, swelling etc. in athletes associated with such sports, which exposes them to a greater risk of skin conditions. So, disinfection and clinical checkups on a regular basis become all the more important for them. Ensure that you never use sandpaper or bleach simply to pass a skin check up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.