Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pravin Kumar
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Pravin KumarYour feedback matters!
Taking Teneligliptin 20 mg from 2 months. Suddenly sore throat problem started. Does this problem is related from Teneligliptin.
I am male, 67 years old. I have occasional tinnitus in the right ear. This started about eight years ago. I am taking treatment. But it does not end. What shall I do?
2 months ago I had surgery sinusitis at hospital. But still I am suffering from fever, pain in head, neck and some time in face and ears. Can you give me advice what to do now. Please help me.
I am having throat pain and diagnosed as tonsillitis. Iam on medication. Iam getting cough in sleeping position, making difficult to sleep. I tried all positions but nothing seems better.
Hello sir I have swelling in throat on left side before years I had then I got operation done and removed it but after 4 years I have it again. How I get relief from it ? I don't wish that it comes again please help me out sir.
Sometimes I feel a drop (i don' t know blood or anything internally) getting down close by my ear. Please help me out.
Sir actually I got sinus problem from 2 years nothing can cure me can you please suggest some medicine and things which I should avoid it.
What is Vertigo and what causes it?
Vertigo is a sensation or feeling of spinning around and losing one’s balance even though there is no movement in you or environment.
What causes vertigo?
If the vertigo is caused by problems in the brain or central nervous system it is referred as central vertigo and if the vertigo is caused by problems in inner ear, then it is termed as a peripheral vertigo.
The labyrinth of the inner ear has tiny organs that allow messages to be sent to the brain in response to gravity. By intimating our brains about the movement from the vertical position, we are able to maintain balance or equilibrium. Disturbance to this system therefore produces vertigo that can be created by inflammation among other causes.
The inflammation can be observed in the following conditions -
This is inflammation of labyrinth and vestibular nerve (the nerve that is responsible for encoding the body’s motion and position)
This is due to inflammation of the vestibular nerve.
It is a disorder of the inner ear that is characterized by episodes of vertigo, ringing in the ears (tinnitus), hearing loss, and fullness in the ear. The cause of Meniere’s disease is unclear but likely involves both genetic and environmental factors. A number of theories exist for why it occurs including constrictions in blood vessels, viral infections, and autoimmune reactions.
Patients having slight degeneration of the cervical spine and presence of osteophytes also have a tendency to develop Vertigo.
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo(BPPV):
(BPPV) is the thought to be caused by a disturbance in the otolith particles. Otolith particles are the crystals of calcium carbonate presnt in the inner ear fluid that pull on sensory hair cells during movement and so stimulate the vestibular nerve to send positional information to the brain. In people with BPPV, endolymph fluid continues to move even after normal head movement has stopped.
BPPV vertigo can also be caused by
- A head injury
- Reduced blood flow in a certain area of the brain
- An episode of labyrinthitis
- Ear surgery
- Prolonged bed rest.
Central vertigo occurs by following causes -
- When there is disturbance to the part of the brain (brainstem and cerebellum) that deals with interaction between the senses of vision and balance and,
- Sensory messages to and from the thalamus.
- Migraine headache
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA)
- Multiple sclerosis: The inability to move the eyes to the midline toward the nose.
- Acoustic neuroma: Vertigo causing one sided ringing in the ear and hearing loss.
Symptoms of Vertigo:
Vertigo is normally caused by a change in the position of the head. The following symptoms may be experienced by the people, who are suffering from Vertigo
- Feeling nauseated
- Pulled to one direction
- Ringing in the ears or hearing loss
- Abnormal or jerking eye movements (nystagmus)
Treatment for vertigo:
Treatment for vertigo depends upon the type and severity of the problem. Avoiding consumption of substances that can affect circulation, including caffeine, tobacco, or alcohol, drinking plenty of fluids.
Consumption of lavender and vitamin-D rich food.
Physiotherapy exercises include head and body movements done while sitting on bed (It is better to take guidance of physiotherapists for better and fast relief.)
Medications or treatment can be taken only after doctor’s consultation. Homeopathic treatment is fast and the relief will be long lasting. In most of the cases homeopathic medicines cured the disease without surgeries and side effects when conventional medical system suggested surgery.
Common remedies for Vertigo :
1. CONIUM MACULATUM - Conium is an excellent remedy for the treatment of vertigo with difficult gait, trembling, sudden loss of strength while walking. People complain about vertigo when lying down and turning over in bed. Slight noise or conversation of others or even shaking the head slighlty produces vertigo.
2. COCCULUS INDICUS - Vertigo accompanied by nausea during travelling can be very effectively treated with this Homeopathic medicine. Cocculus gives very good results when the Vertigo is accompanied by nausea.
3. BELLADONNA - Severe throbbing of the head associated with vertigo. Patient feels that he is falling to left side or backwards. It is also effective in patients with Cervical Spondylosis.
4. CALCAREA FLUORICA - Best remedy for treatment of Vertigo due to Cervical Spondylosis where bony tissue is involved.