Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prashant
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PrashantYour feedback matters!
Hii. My marriage is planned on 9 march and my period date is 26feb. But my periods usually delay. And I want to get my period on time. Is dr any medicn thru which my periods wll come on time. Plz help me out.
Being a mother is the greatest gift to womankind. Every woman dreams of bearing a child. The feeling of being a mom is beyond any description. For some women, conception becomes a long and painful struggle. The fetus requires a complete 28 weeks to mature. Women who are unable to hold fetus or where fetus ceases to grow to suffer complications. Abortion is a term used for medical termination of pregnancy. It can be induced by drugs or surgery. However, complications can arise within any trimester causing a miscarriage. Miscarriage refers to the loss of a fetus before 20 weeks of pregnancy. A miscarriage is medically known as spontaneous abortion that may occur due to fetal or maternal complaints.
The symptoms of a spontaneous abortion are severe pain, cramps or heaviness in abdomen, fluid or tissues passing from the vagina or vaginal spotting or bleeding. These are warning signs and immediate gynaecologist attention is required in case of any such symptoms.
Let’s look at some of the causes of miscarriage:
Faults in the genetic makeup of the fetus or chromosomal abnormalities can cease fetal growth.
Immune system disorders
Trauma and injury due to accidents may cause loss of fetus
Women with fibroids, cysts, menstrual issues or uterine abnormalities have a tendency for recurrent abortions.
Women with hormonal imbalances also tend to suffer miscarriages.
Homeopathy, with its holistic systems approach, provides highly individualised treatment for recurrent abortions. This all natural treatment targets the symptoms of the disease in totality. Homeopathic treatment of miscarriages goes beyond treating complications in conception and aims to restore uterus health and hormonal balance. It also deals with psychological symptoms like mood swings, irritability, anger, depression and fear that become associated due to recurrent failures in pregnancy. Morning and evening sickness can also be effectively managed through homeopathic medication.
Apart from this, homeopathy effectively combines a preventive and curative approach to treatment. It ensures that the patient is treated for the miscarriage and her health be restored for further conception
Arnica is a well-known remedy for miscarriages in case it happens due to falls, lifting weights or violent concussion. If given in time, it may reduce the chance of miscarriage.
Caulophyllum: deals with the tendency of miscarriage due to weakening of uterine tissues.
Crocus Sativa: Deals with the tendency of abortion in Ist or 2nd month and issues like mood swings, violence, repentance and sadness.
Erigon: effective remedy for irritability, abortion due to exercise and profuse bleeding.
Sepia: Deals with morning sickness, depression, the tendency to abort in 5th to 7th month.
These and many other remedies are available for effective and long term treatment.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
1. Foods Belonging To Brassica Family
Consume Foods like cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, peanuts, cabbage, broccoli, kale, mustard greens, turnips, rutabagas, soybeans, spinach etc which contains goitrogens.
• Goitrogens helps to block the ability of thyroid to use iodine and hence slows down the activity of the thyroid.
• Eat raw cruciferous vegetables to get maximum benefit as goitrogens are active in the raw state.
2. Include More Berries
Add at least one serving of berries in your diet plan to control hyperthyroidism.
• Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries contain anti-oxidants which improves your immune system.
3. Omega -3- Fatty Acid And Proteins
Omega -3- fatty acid helps to control the hyper stimulated thyroid gland. Proteins are necessary for the building of muscles and to provide energy for the body. Protein sources also contain L-glutamine which helps in rebuilding the gut and de-inflaming the body.
• Eat cold water fish, flax seed oil and nuts to get the omega-3-fatty acid necessary for the body.
• Include soy, turkey, walnuts, salmon, tuna and trout in your hyperthyroidism diet.
4. Dairy Products
Hyperactivity of the thyroid gland can remove the calcium from your blood. The body compensates this loss by leaching calcium from the bones. This can cause osteoporosis.
• Include three servings of yoghurt, cheese, milk or cottage cheese in your daily diet.
5. Spinach And Collard Greens
If you are allergic to dairy products, you can get your daily supply of calcium from vegetable sources like spinach collard greens etc.
• Figs, prunes and sesame seeds are also excellent hyperthyroidism foods.
This is another vital component of hyperthyroidism diet. The hyperactive thyroid gland can deplete the zinc.
• Include almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, peanuts which are rich in Zinc in your diet.
7. Fiber Rich Foods And Anti Inflammatory Foods
Fiber rich foods are beneficial for the proper working of the thyroid gland. Anti inflammatory herbs help to reduce the inflammation of the thyroid which is the reason for hyperthyroidism.
• Include whole grain foods, like oatmeal, whole grain breads, brown rice etc in your food.
• The anti inflammatory herbs to be included in your diet are turmeric, ginger, rosemary, cinnamon and oregano.
8. Antioxidant Rich Foods And Vitamin D
It is also necessary to consume antioxidants and vitamin D rich foods in the diet. This will reduce the oxidative stress caused by hyperthyroidism. Vitamin D can reduce the inflammation and auto- immune reactions of the body.
• Avocados, olive oil broccoli etc contain antioxidants.
• Salmon is a good source of vitamin D. You can get your daily dose of vitamin D from eggs, mushrooms etc.
• Spend 20- 30 minutes in the sun to get the necessary vitamin D for the body.
9. Cassava, Sorghum, And Millet
These food items contain cyanogenic glucosides which blocks the iodine availability of the gland.
• These foods increase the immune function and gives protection from osteoporosis
10. Vitamin C And Vitamin E
These vitamins are helpful in reducing the oxidative stress caused by the hyperactivity of thyroid glands.
• All the citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C.
• Bell peppers, olive oil, wheat etc are a good source of vitamin E.
Hi I am 32 years old and wife 26 years we will plan to baby but not success from 7 month we started treatment of infertility but not success me and my wife's all report are normal and my wife's crempie is very thin it is any problem please. Suggest me what can we do.
Loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
Following are the causes of less libido in females:
1. Hormonal disorders:
- Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
- After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
- With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
2. Lifestyle disorders:
- In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
- In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
- Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
3. Medical disorders:
- There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
- Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
4. Psychological factors:
- Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
- After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.