Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Prasanna AhaleYour feedback matters!
Hi I am papa from Thane I have skin problem liking like old age even I am younger man so please suggest me what to do.
On my face have some pimple like small structure from long time I used many medicines but I not get any good result my skin is oily so my face looked dull and have marks of pimples. So please help me.
Every time I eat any food outside my stomach gets upset. Have this problem after appendix operation. What must I do? Should I plan a regular diet?
Hi! My age is 27 My hair is falling and no bald from left and in front I comb. And its becoming curly, rough,dry. I use Dove herbal shampoo daily on hair only. Before I was using conditioner that time my hair was falling and stick on my hand. Now I not use any conditioner. So can you sugest me to grow strong healthy, smoothy,silky?
Hello sir/madam I have tooth grinding problem since 4 years. 2 months ago I got married, now my wife got scared and feel fear to sleep with me bz of that sound. Pls suggest me the solution.
Hi dear doctors, am 23 years old male, when ever am doing weight lifting work am getting right side leg pain and right side lower back pain, also right side testicle pain may I know wts the reason, before I went under ultrasound test in that report, result came normal, please ans me.
Lower back pain is a household condition in today’s times. It has become a concern to reckon with, thanks to all the different job descriptions which require sitting for long stretches in front of desks and computers. This automatically puts a pressure on our lower back, resulting in lower back pain.
Lower back pain is actually a pain perceived in the lumbar region, which is situated below the ribcage. The spinal muscles, tendons, nerves and bones located in the lumbar spine experience severe pain which is referred to as lower back pain. Some of the major sources of lower back pains are:
- The ligaments, joints or bones get damaged
- Degeneration of the inter vertebral disc
- Irritation in the long nerve roots which start from the lower back and extend to the legs can cause pain
- Strain on the lower back muscles
Although with adequate rest lower back pain heals over time, seek advice from a doctor immediately if you have the following indications.
- Sudden fever or a feeling of chill all over your body
- Sudden weight loss
- You experience weakness in legs
- A problem in metabolic activities or improper functioning of bowels. You may feel unable to control your urine or have difficulties in bowel functions
- A persistent and severe pain in the abdomen
Factors that put you at risk
- If you are overweight
- Maintain bad postures while sitting or standing
- Follow unhealthy lifestyle habits such as excessive smoking or drinking coupled with a bad diet
- Lift heavy items/weights in your work
It is advisable to consult a doctor, if the lower back pain persists for a prolonged period. But if you have occasional bouts of pain, there are certain home remedies which you may follow:
- For a temporary pain relief, use a heating pad on the affected area. You may also take a warm bath.
- Do light exercises and yoga. Studies suggest yoga can actually heal the problem of lower back pain permanently, provided you practice it regularly. One thing you must remember is that you must exercise according to your body weight and postures.
- Physiotherapists and chiropractors use treatments such as spinal manipulations for treating the pain. It is actually applying pressures on the tissues around the affected area.
- Undergoing massage therapy is also one of the effective ways to reduce lower back pain.
- Acupuncture which involves tapping of the skin at specific points with the help of needles is the latest invention in the field of lower back pain treatment.
Finally, bring in some change in your lifestyle, if you never want to experience any kind of lower back pain. Make exercises an indispensable part of your daily life, cut down on alcohol and quit smoking immediately. To top it all, try to follow a healthy diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
Minerals and salts are important parts of our daily diets. These minerals play significant roles in the functioning of the human body but, if found in excess, they might adversely impact your health. One such mineral is sodium, which is abundant in most food sources.
Sodium is present in every food in the form of salt. Most forms of meat, canned vegetables and soup, junk food and pickles are some examples of food which are naturally high in sodium. Apart from this, any cooked food will have salt crystals within it. Medical research has shown that most people consume more sodium than what is recommended.
Ill Effects of Sodium Intake in Excess:
- The most common problem caused by the excessive consumption of sodium is high blood pressure.
- High blood pressure, apart from being the cause of strokes can also affect internal organs like kidneys and cause renal failure over time.
- It can also be detrimental to the heart and be a contributing factor to heart conditions as well.
Here are some of the ways through which you can reduce sodium intake through changes in diet.
- Increasing the intake of fruits within the diet - Inclusion of more fresh fruits in your diet will reduce the amount of sodium consumption. Canned and processed fruits may increase sodium consumption and hence should be reduced.
- Changing to fresh unprocessed meats - Certain processed and packaged meats such as in snacks and fast foods should be avoided as they have high sodium content. Hence, consumption of fresh meat instead of processed meat is an effective way to reduce your daily sodium intake.
- Including more leafy vegetables in your diet - Leafy green vegetables such as kale, spinach, and celery have a lot of water and also help reduce the sodium intake in your body.
- Drinking plenty of water - Sodium levels can rise within the body when it is dehydrated. Thus, it is prudent to always keep your body hydrated by drinking plenty of water. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.