Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pramod Bhor
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Pramod BhorYour feedback matters!
I fell down on my left side on the tiles, there is pain from my thighs to the foot on my left side. what medicine should I take for immediate relief from pain. i am a diabetic patient.
I am 23 Years old. In my school days and collage days I played a lot in involving in all sports activity. I am having Back Pain for 2 Years. Took XRay -NO Prob. Then Took MRI found that disc Buldge. In Lower Back and in Neck its starting. Please I have spent my money investing in all this XRay, UltraSonic, and Electric therapy. But The pain didn't left me. SO please provide me a solution If I do this! I will be completely Cured like that. The treatment that I took, just provided me temporary relief only.
I am 66 years old man having good health, not diabitic, regularly waking in morning & evening and covering about 7 to 8 km a day. I am having the following problems. 1- from last 6-7 months I am having light pain in muscles of right hand above elbow, normally no pain but whenever I raise my hand above the shoulder, I feel light pain, my doctor says it is nothing and gave me calcium tablets, but nothing happened. 2- for last 3-4 weeks I am having light pain on lower side of my left foot exactly below the heel, I feel light pain but no problems at the time of walking, my friends told it may be due to excess walking, kindly suggest me. Thanks.
I am having left side abdoman and back pain some times burping and burning. I saw tow doctor they took my sonography twice they could not find out any disease. But still I have the same problem continuing.
Dear sir. My self Basheer Quadri from Hyd. I feeling very weakness in my body parts, I used pain relief tablets but I didn't get relief, What my I do sir.
I am 19 years old and I am having lower back pain (disc herniation l4-l5. I suffer pain everyday. What shall I do?
I am having problem in elbow. Its now possible for me to lift weight because of it. Its pain matters for me in every work.
I am 24 year old male and from last 3 months I have joint pain I have used many painkillers and pain ointments but I did not gave relief. What should I do?
The bone is one of the hardest substances in the body. It is equal to a matrix which is filled with various minerals like calcium and phosphorus. With age, people lose on the minerals and what remains is the porous matrix. This is a very common condition in elderly people and is known as osteoporosis - osteo for bone, and porosis for the porous condition.
The good news is that this condition can be managed and the onset can also be prevented.
Management: This involves a multi-pronged approach, covering lifestyle changes, diet, exercise, and medications.
- Lifestyle changes: Quitting smoking and reducing alcohol help in improving osteoporosis.
- Diet: Improving vitamin D, calcium intake, and protein supplements help in preventing the onset of osteoporosis. If you do not get the required amounts of vitamins and calcium from the diet, you may be advised to take supplements.
- Exercise: The main issue that people face due to osteoporosis is that the bones get brittle and can fracture and lead to frequent falls. Exercising regularly by including some weight-bearing workouts can a help in strengthening the bones, thus preventing fracture.
- Reduce the incidences of falls: It is very essential to alter the living spaces to reduce incidence of falls. This could include improved lighting, using anti-fall rugs, regular eye checks, etc.
- Medications: Bisphosphonates is the most commonly used drugs for osteoporosis. In addition, hormonal supplements are also used in women who are post-menopausal.
Prevention would include understanding risk factors and working on reducing the impact of these, as below.
- Calcium supplements are suggested for people with a family history. This helps in strengthening the bone matrix and thereby prolongs porous bone formation.
- Women over the age of 40 should take calcium supplements. Menopause is a major risk factor, and this is particularly due to the hormonal changes (lowered levels of estrogen).
- Reducing cigarette smoking helps prolong osteoporosis, as smoking is a major risk factor. The risk is increased in women smokers.
- Sedentary lifestyle is another risk factor, and therefore those who are at risk should engage in an active lifestyle. A regular exercise regime is very essential to keeping the bones agile and strong.
Dietary changes to prevent osteoporosis include:
- Diet rich in dairy products, as it helps by providing adequate calcium. Yoghurt consumption also helps in improving estrogen levels, and prevents osteoporosis.
- Eggs also help in improving calcium and estrogen levels in the body.
- Fish and meat are rich in calcium and protein, so help in preventing osteoporosis.
- Bananas improves calcium absorption, provides essential oils required for bone health.
- Cabbage helps in improving bone metabolism and improving calcium uptake by the bones.
- Reduce alcohol and caffeine intake.
So, while osteoporosis is inevitable given the natural bone structure, it can definitely be prevented and managed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!