Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash ThoratYour feedback matters!
I doing yoga every day from last 2 weeks and lost 2. 5kgs but want to reduce more. My schedule is:@ 6: 30 am - warm water with lemon and cinnamon. Then,@ 7: 45 - 8: 30 am yoga, till 9: 30 am breakfast, 10: 40 - 11: 00 am some cucumber or green tea, 2: 30 pm lunch,@ 4: 30 pm green tea with snacks at night around 8: 30 - 9: 30 pm dinner. I have hypothyroid, height is 152 cm and weight 76 kgs. Is there anything else I need to do to reduce my weight upto 25 kgs. Please suggest
I often have a dry throat in the night during winters specially. Can you suggest me some remedy for this.
Since last one week I feel a strange pain in upper back (exactly back side of heart) and it disappears when I get up in morning. It remains in late night till early morning. Can it b related to heart
I am 20 years old nd vegetarian experiencing hair fall but it's not there for any in my family. Can you suggest me tips how to stop hairfall.
I am suffering from anxiety disorder since last one year and taking medication. Now I am relax about problem but sometimes I feel vibration in occipital lobe and feel like that I will fall. What should I do? In 2010 I suffered from typhoid and malaria together and the the first incident of insomnia and anxiety took place.
Sir I have neck pain from past two year sometime someday I have a relief but its again nd again occur and its also effect my mind memory and hair in the top of the neck. I am feeling not good like and when I am listen to someone sometime I listen half of the talk so I can not understand the topic and I want to listen repeat. And back of my head and top of neck like breaking voice of something in my head and neck. Because of this my trust is break of myself I want become good listener and fast thinker so give me reason for that.
Hi I am 33 years old and facing hairfall problem since last two to three months. I have thyroid. Please help to stop hairfall.
Hi Dr. My wife is 4 month pregnant and have stones in both kidneys and one 11 mm stone block the urine in left kidney (ureter). Any medicine she used at that time to crush the stone. Or any pain killer recommended to used at pregnancy.
I am 23 old and I have a strange feeling in my heart and not controlled. I always thought I hurt someone but I didn't. Why should I do?
I am 31 years male. I have problem in my knee. 7 years back some one hit on my knee that time it was to much paining Now its not penning I can walk properly, but I can't run. Because my leg sound cut cut like is going to break but again I wold like to say I can walk properly but I cant run please reply why & what should I do for this. & one think my x'ray also not showing anything.
Hello sir I have some problem in my teeth in front of my teeth I have broken the teeth on my childhood so I want to keep an artificial teel? Is it possible.
If you are suffering from arthritis, you should consider making some dietary modifications for improving the symptoms and preventing them from worsening. Arthritis is a chronic, systematic inflammatory diseasethat causes damage to joints and connective tissues. Your diet plays a significant role in controlling suchinflammation. The food items you consume may increase your inflammation and also lead to other conditions such as diabetes, heart diseases and obesity. You should keep away from all kinds of inflammatory food and instead consume food items, which are anti-inflammatory in nature. Here is a list of 5 types of food,which you should strictly avoid, if you are suffering from arthritis.
- Fried and processed food: You must cut down on your intake of fried and processed food items. You should try andavoid food such as fried meat or processed frozen meals. Avoiding such types of food will reduce the inflammation and the body’s natural defense is likely to get restored as well.
- Lower your intake of AGE: AGE or advanced glycation end product is a form of toxin. It appears when food items are grilled, heated, fried or pasteurized. This causes damage to certain proteins in our body. The body breaks the AGEs using cytokine or inflammatory messengers. Depending on the place where the AGEs develop, inflammations may worsen. Therefore, avoid all food items, which are associated with AGEs. You must cut down the amount of sugar in your everyday diet as high amount of sugar leads to increased AGEs, thereby resulting in inflammations.
- Dairy products: Dairy products contain a certain type of protein, which may result in increased arthritis pain. This protein may lead to irritation of the tissues around the affected joints. Switching to a diet containing no animal product is a good idea for arthritis patients.
- Alcohol and tobacco: Different health hazards are caused by the consumption of alcohol and tobacco and joints are affected as well. Smokers are more prone to developing rheumatoid arthritis and heavy drinkers are at an enhanced risk of developing gout.
- Corn oil, salts and preservatives: Corn oil is present in many baked food products and snacks. In arthritis affected patients, the inflammation is triggered by corn oil. Fish oil can be used as an alternative, which gives relief to the inflammation. Food items, which contain excess salt and chemical preservatives should be avoided as they may result in enhanced joint inflammations. Your consumption of salt should be reduced.
An arthritis patient should maintain a balanced diet and a healthy body weight. The food items which trigger inflammation should be abstained from as much as possible. It is recommended to consult a dietician for getting a healthy diet chart.
Getting your periods for the very first time can be daunting. Especially if you have never been educated about it and you are far away from home and you have no clue about what is going on. The overbearing pain from stomach cramping does not make it any better. It is always good to be on the safe side and keep yourself educated about it.
What is your first period?
Periods are a very natural part of your life as a woman. It happens when the body of a girl undergoes changes and starts maturing into a woman. It happens when blood is expelled out of your uterus to set up your body for maturation and pregnancy. Since your body is transforming, you can get pregnant (and just before your first period as well).
Your period happens once per month and as a rule, lasts between 2-7 days, however, it might take a couple of months for your period to be consistent; the initial few might be light and sporadic. You may think that it is helpful to monitor your period every month, to see when it is expected and when it arrives.
Indications of period
Around the season of your first period, your body shape will get to be distinctly curvier, your hips and bosoms will enhance. You will likewise see more hair developing in new places, under your arms and around your vagina. These are all typical changes and a part of growing up.
What can be the questions which are frequently asked?
Q1 When will you get them?
A. A women hits puberty the age of 12. So you may expect it anytime between 12-16 years of age. Sometimes it is likely for you to get it prior to this age as well.
Q2 How long can it last?
A. Initially your periods may not be regular and it lasts from 5-12 days. But with age, your cycle is likely to get regular and it can get over within 3 days.
Q3 What to do when I get it?
A. Firstly, you must not panic. Go tell a teacher or a parent or any elderly and they will surely help you.
Q4 How do I manage it?
A. There are several options. You can either use sanitary napkins, menstrual cups or tampons.
Q5 Is it possible to exercise or go swimming?
A. Yes, absolutely. If you use hygiene products such as tampons or menstrual cups, you can normally do your activities.
Q6 Does it hurt?
A. Unfortunately, sometimes it does. This happens because the muscles in your uterus are cramping. It usually gets better from the 2nd day of your period. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.