Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash NayakYour feedback matters!
My eyes get red after my office hours wat may be the reason behind it. I don't have numbers on my eyes but I wear computer eyeware spax. Can you please consult wat may be the main reason behind it?
I haven't been able to sleep for past 2 days. I have a eye pain. I try many home remedies but am unable to sleep in night peacefully.
I do lot of work on laptop and do a lot of close observations on the clarity of my work, I'm a designer, so close work is needed. But I do feel burning of eyes later, can I do anything to prevent damage my eyes n keep it healthy. Kindly help.
There is redness watering discharge in my left eye. Also it is aching for last 2 days. What should I do to get treat?
I have red eyes from 10 days and also lightly fever from 15 days so what to do? Should I go to doctor.
The retina is the third and innermost layer of the eye that catches light and helps us focus on things so that we can see clearly. This is one of the most important parts of the eye. The retina is made up of a number of light sensitive cells that are connected to nerve fibres. These nerve fibres help in transmitting the light into imagery through neuro impulses that reach the brain. There are many conditions and diseases that can affect this part of the eye.
Read on to know more.
- Macular degeneration: This is a common eye disease that is usually associated with aging and comes with symptoms like blurry vision and even blindness after a certain point. It can prevent a person from seeing things in a clear and sharp manner. This disease goes through a slow progression and can be of the dry or wet type.
- Diabetic retinopathy: This condition can leave one visually impaired in the long run with complete blindness. This complication usually arises when a person is suffering from diabetes. It can be proliferative or non-proliferative depending on the blood and fluid leakage as well as the severity of the inflammation in the retina. While the symptoms are very subtle, the advancement can begin at a very young age.
- Retinal vein occlusion: This condition usually happens when the veins of the retina gets obstructed or gets a blockage. This can lead to reduced blood flow to the entire area which can lead to significant vision impairment and an increase in the pressure on the eyes.
- Retinal tears and detachments: When the retina gets pulled and is subsequently lifted from its normal position, this can lead to a condition known as retinal tears and detachment. If this condition is not treated properly and on time, it can lead to vision loss in the long run. These tears can happen in smaller sections of the retina which can lead to retinal breaks causing detachments in the retina. This condition is most commonly seen in people over the age of 60.
- Posterior vitreous detachment: The vitreous is a gel like layer that allows the eye to retain its shape even as it allows the light to enter the eye and reach the retina. When the thin fibres connecting this layer and the retina get degenerated, there is a detachment that takes place between the two, leading to this condition.
- Epiretinal membrane and macular holes: The scar like tissue known as the epiretinal membrane that lines the back of the eyes. When the macular tissue gets distorted due to this membrane, a macular hole may form which can lead to progressive vision impairment.
I am 21 year old. My eyes are not working properly. I use spectacles which no. Is increasing day by day. How can I stop it?
I am a 54 years old male. I have a lazy eye. The good eye is also becoming weaker now. Is there a way to restore vision and bring vision to the lazy eye?
Astigmatism is a typical vision problem that occurs when the shape of the cornea is distorted due to injuries or other causes. With astigmatism, the lenses of the eye or the cornea curves. This irregular curve can change the way light refracts or passes through your retina. This causes hazy, fluffy, or twisted vision. Farsightedness and partial blindness are two different sorts of issues with the way light goes to your retina. Farsightedness is called hyperopia. Partial blindness is called astigmatism.
Types: There are two types of Astigmatisms. These are:
- Corneal astigmatism: It happens when your cornea itself is distorted.
- Lenticular astigmatism: Lenticular astigmatism happens when your lens is distorted.
Risks: Astigmatism can happen in youngsters and grown-ups. Your danger of creating astigmatism might be higher if you have any of the following:
- A family history of astigmatism or other eye issues like dislocation of the cornea.
- Scarring or diminishing of your cornea
- Excessive partial blindness, which makes foggy vision at a separation
- Excessive farsightedness, which makes hazy close-up vision
- A past of eye surgeries, for example, cataract surgery (surgical expulsion of a blurred focal point)
Symptoms: The side effects of astigmatism include:
- Hazy, Bended, Or Fluffy Vision At All Separations (Close-Up And Far Away)
- Trouble seeing during evening
- Lazy eye
- Irritation in the eye
- Cerebral Pains
- Visual Acuity Assessment Test: Patients are required to read letters from a graph at a particular distance to decide how well they can see the letters.
- Refraction Test: A refraction test uses a machine called an optical refractor. The machine has various remedial glass lenses that are used to read an outline while looking through lenses on the optical refractor.
- Keratometry: Keratometry is a route for your specialist to measure the bend of your cornea. They will do this by taking a look at your eye through a keratometer.
- Corrective Lenses: Remedial eyeglasses and contact lenses prescribed by a specialist are the most well-known and least obtrusive solution for astigmatism.
- Orthokeratology: Orthokeratology is a treatment that uses contact lenses to correct the deformation and flow of your cornea. You will wear inflexible contact lenses for certain time-periods. It is easier to wear them while you are sleeping and remove them during the day.
Surgery: Your specialist may suggest refractive surgery if your case is a serious one. This kind of surgery includes use of lasers or little blades to reshape your cornea. This will correct astigmatism permanently. The three basic surgeries for astigmatism are:
- Laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK)
- Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK)
- Spiral keratotomy (RK).
All these surgeries might carry some risks depending upon the symptoms of your problem. As innovation advances, it is very important for the patient to explore more options before choosing which refractive surgery is a good fit for him or her. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.
Eye floaters can make your vision interrupted as spotted vision will be experienced as a result of this kind of condition. Peripheral vision gets diminished and you will find severe eye flashes that are pretty disturbing. Vision spots are viewed easily and before these spots go worse you should report the same to your doctor.
What are the homeopathic treatments for curing eye floaters?
There are many homeopathic eye drops that are usually recommended for getting rid of the unwanted symptoms or signs of eye floaters. There are some specialized ingredients that are being used in these eyedrops for reducing or eliminating the symptoms. Though homeopathic remedies are safe, but over dosage of these remedies should be eliminated for avoiding unwanted reactions. This is the reason only prescribed medicines should be taken.
Some of the most useful ingredients are as follows:
- Cineraria Maritima: This is one of the leading homeopathic ingredients that are quite helpful in supporting eye circulation. All kinds of eye toxins are completely removed as a result of which vision difficulties can be prevented. On the other hand, eye tissues are thoroughly nourished as a result of using this kind of ingredient.
- Euphrasia: Traditional eye tonics are usually created with the use of this particular ingredient and this is the reason it is of greater importance for curing eye floaters. Different eye related issues can be efficiently dealt by the use of this ingredient like light sensitivity, burning, dryness and many others.
- Causticum: If you are facing tremendous eye pain due to eye floaters, then nothing can be the best option other than choosing those homeopathic medicines that include this ingredient. Spots or cloudiness can be reduced to a great extent with the consistent usage of this ingredient. This is why maximum experienced homeopathic doctors are prescribing the medicines that have this ingredient to most of the patients facing the concerned eye trouble.
- Sepia: Different vision issues can be effectively dealt by this ingredient like veiled vision, spots, glare, light blurring streaks and others.
- Calcarea phosphorica: Painful and blurry visions are being effectively tackled by means of this ingredient. Foreign-body sensation in your eyes can be easily corrected by means of the same.
- Calcarea fluorica: Tiny eye capillaries can be strengthened by means of this specific ingredient. Other troubles of eyes that can be corrected by the ingredient are corneal opacity, cataract, blurry vision and others.