Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pradnya SonawaneYour feedback matters!
I am a 23 old female. I have hair growth issue. I don't have either hair fall or dandruff. But my hair is very thin and scalp is seen.
The harmful effects of UV rays (UVA and UVB) are known to all. UVA can prove to be a great nemesis for flawless skin, accelerating the skin ageing process. The skin loses its radiance and appears saggy and wrinkled. UVB affects the skin superficially, resulting in sunburns and skin tans. At times, overexposure to UV rays can produce Carcinogenic (skin cancer) effects. Use of a good quality sunscreen is more of a necessity than luxury. The effectiveness of a sunscreen can be enhanced several folds if one knows the ins and outs of its use.
- Sunscreens with different SPF (Sun Protection Factor) numbers are available in the market. SPF provides intense protection from the UVB rays. An overall skin protection can only be achieved when the harmful effects from both UVA and UVB can be controlled and minimised. Do not judge a sunscreen by its price tag. An expensive sunscreen is not necessarily an effective sunscreen. Go for the sunscreen that covers a Broad Spectrum.
- Many people do not get the usage of the sunscreen right. Sunscreen cannot work miracles. Applying it only once a day will not solve the purpose. Often, your work might require you to be in the sun for a longer period of time. Under such circumstances, use the sunscreen every two to three hours.
- Application of sunscreen at regular intervals is also effective for people who are more into swimming and water related activities. This usage is beneficial for people who sweat profusely. For sensitive skin, it is best to consult a dermatologist before using any sunscreen.
- Applying excess amounts of sunscreen will not provide your skin with any extra protection. A generous quantity of sunscreen can also do the trick. The quality matters more than the quantity.
- Sunscreens can be Mineral (Zinc Oxide and Titanium Oxide) or Synthetic (Oxybenzone, Avobenzone) active. In case of Mineral sunscreen, one can step outside immediately after its application.
- In case of synthetic sunscreen actives, immediate exposure to sunlight might fail to provide the desired protection. For better results, apply the sunscreen 25 - 30 minutes prior to an outside venture.
- Being at home does not guarantee protection from sunrays. You can still be susceptible to the harmful UV rays. Use sunscreen daily, even when at home.
- If you are into makeup, use sunscreen once you are fully done with the makeup.
- Sunscreen is not only meant for bright, sunny days. This misconception can affect your skin in the long run. Apply sunscreen regularly, irrespective of the weather outside.
Sunscreen, if used accurately will keep a lot of skin problems and sunburns at bay.
Hi, I have problem of my left leg burned few years back that place has so hard skin, I need to get rid of that hard skin, Please help.
I am loosing hairs quickly, I gave even bald at some regions on my head, I have tried all the shampoos and oils, still I am loosing hairs, please tell me home remedy to prevent hair loss.
We all want to look our best. Being well dressed and presentable boosts our confidence and equips us to deal better with any professional or personal obligations that we may have. Someone who’s sharply dressed, well done hair, properly done eyebrows, no trace of facial or body hair, will make a better first impression than someone who’s unkempt. And it is a commonly agreed upon fact that the first impression on someone will speak volumes about our future interactions with them.
One of the most observable feature of our entire getup is facial and body hair. Imagine being completely updated with the latest trends while choosing an attire, but then your body hair shows through! It will be a little disconcerting and plays down all our efforts. Understandably, going to salons for waxing/threading or even tweezing on a regular basis can be time consuming and many times, we might also feel too lazy to step out for the sole purpose of hair removal. Rather than going to the parlour for hair removal every month (and in some case, once in every two weeks even), it makes more sense to find a more permanent solution to this. Opting for laser hair removal can rid us of this headache (Learn more about headache/migrain problem).
Laser hair removal is a modern technology developed for the increasingly chic and conscious population that likes to be always ready to go out without worrying about a disturbing view of stubble spoiling their look. Laser hair removal is a non-invasive procedure that removes unwanted hair from our body without major side effects, by using a long pulsed laser. Lasers can cause localized damage by selectively heating dark matter or melanin. Hence, it targets the hair follicle, while not heating the rest of the skin. General side effects include mild itchiness, temporary redness and swelling, pain, tingling or a temporary feeling of numbness. (Learn more about Laser Hair Removal Treatment)
But, be careful as to do careful research before finalising your specialist. It’s imperative to hold thorough discussions with the team that carries out the hair removal and be assured of their competence.
I am 33 yrs. Female. Have got pigmentation on my neck and hands which is made the skin full black. Suggest me any cream or lotion which can be used daily basis.
Hello, I'm Dr Akhilendra Singh, consultant hair transplant surgeon AKS clinics. I am MD from PGI, Chandigarh and member of an Association of Hair Restoration Surgeon of India.
Hair transplant is a safe and permanent solution for baldness.Today I will discuss technique of hair transplant broadly. There are two techniques only:
- One is the older technique which is known as strip techniques
- Second technique is follicular unit extraction or FUE.
FUE is the newer and far better technique than the older strip technique.
So, first I will talk about strip technique: In the strip technique, we need to take a strip from the back of the head. Here we need to cut the skin along the hair strict length is approx 20 to 30 centimetres and width is 1 to 1.5 centimetres. Then we need to put suture and sutures are removed after one week.
Drawbacks of the strip technique was that,
- We can take Graft only from the back of the head, i.e, the scalp. We cannot take graft we cannot utilize graph from the body like the beard or Chest. So we cannot correct the big bald area in one go.
- The second problem with the strip techniques is that it is more invasive because it is cut. There is suture for there is chance of bleeding during surgery. There is a chance of little more discomfort pain after surgery which takes more time to heal.
- The third problem with this trick technique that it will definitely leave a permanent linear scar in the back of the head.
Now the second technique of hair transplant is follicular unit extraction.
Here we have extract Graft one by one from the back of the head. We can also extract from beard and the body area with a specialized instrument. In this technique, there is no cut and no sutures. So practically it is painless, is scarless and suture-less technique. Since the inception of the FUE, we are doing a lot of improvement in the technique.
The latest version is direct hair transplant or direct hair implant what we known as DST. In this technique here are taken and implanted side by side so that practically there is no time where grafts are hair grafts are out of body and it increases the survival by many folds. So the bottom line is in the modern FUE or DST techniques.
Advantages of DST:
- We can take the number of grafts in one go so we can cover a big bald area in one session.
- It is very comfortable for the patient. Healing time is just 24hours or less than that. So he can resume duty from the very next day.
- DST technique we are reducing out of body time. We are increasing the result better results, faster results without any downtime.
So there is no drawback of an FUE DST technique. The only thing it is more time-consuming as it is more tedious and needs more experience to operate.
If you have further queries you can contact me on lybrate.