Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PRADNYA CHAUGULEYour feedback matters!
Sir I want losse my weight. But I cant do it after doing exicise daily I do exicese form 5-6 year. What are the diet changes which control my metabolism.
I want to ask any good medicine for face spot aur clear dead skin, what should I do for care it, which kind of food I need to take.
How to relief from kidney stone? how to clear this stone? need a proper diet or medicine from this stone pain.
Skin health is an indicator of a number of factors, such as blood circulation, digestion and waste removal from the body. The skin is considered to be an organ in itself as it performs certain important functions in the body. Therefore, you always need to make sure that your skin is in its optimal health. Common skin conditions like acne, dandruff and blackheads can easily be prevented by following certain precautions.
Outlined below are some tips to keep your skin healthy:
- Avoid junk food: It’s high time you stop eating processed foods and the ones covered in grease. Junk foods which are rich in oil and sugar can make your skin oily and cause acne. Instead, replace them with seeds and nuts.
- Exercise: The benefits of exercise are not limited to fat loss; it is beneficial for the skin too. Exercises such as running boosts blood circulation in the skin and the sweat helps in draining out various waste products from the body.
- Diet: Your diet should consist of fiber rich foods, which improve your digestion. Many problems of the skin are linked to a bad digestive system. Cut out simple carbohydrates and include complex carbohydrates such as brown rice.
- Follow a skin care regimen: You should follow a proper skin care regimen to maintain your skin. Wash your skin with a mild cleansing agent every day and moisturize it. Apply sunscreen while going out to prevent sunburns.
- Drink lots of water: Drink lots of water every day. Water helps in cleansing the body by removing the waste products from the body. Abstain from alcohol because it only adds calories and damages the liver. Aim for at least 2-3 litres of water on a daily basis.
- Avoid overexposure to the sun: While sun exposure allows the skin to produce vitamin D, but too much of that can lead to sunburns. It increases the risk of certain skin cancers as well. Make sure to apply sunscreen and wear full sleeved clothes before going outdoors.
- Exfoliate regularly: Make sure you exfoliate your skin on a regular basis to clean your skin and get rid of the impurities. Don’t scrub your regularly as it may damage the skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Sir, I read somewhere that drinking fresh water by mixing with lemon juice and one spoon of honey every day in empty stomach in the morning can able to reduce fat drastically. How much it is justified?
Those who are considering lasik lasers (for eye glass removal) for their eyes must read this as it has some serious implications/complications if done in haste.
There are lot of benefits by being myopic (eye power less than -3 d) and disadvantages in going for lasik laser in young age with low eye power.
You may never need glasses after 40 years (presbyopia) of age for reading if you use glasses or contact lens now instead of getting your glasses removed by lasik lasers but after lasers you may need the same so going for laser may keep you free from glass for roughly 15 to 20 years only.
There are variety of complications with lasik lasers like glare, halo and problem in colour contrast, dry eyes, problem in night vision, serious complications like corneal ectasia (may need corneal transplant) although advancement in lasers has minimized these issues still one should refrain from it since the percentage of side effects are highly underplayed
The disadvantages according to my experience outweighs the benefits in young age for those with low myopia (-3d) and considering the risks involved and amount of side effects associated with it which are highly under reported by the doctor.
Lasik operated emmetropic (having normal eye power) are not allowed in airforce, railways and army.
If you are young and advised for lasik in haste without giving due consideration about thickness of cornea, it may result in complications after 5 years and can affect rest of your life.
If you are having high eye power (more than -3d) then there are various issue which should be taken in consideration.
First and foremost, the corneal (outer membrane for eye) thickness must be measured by pachymetry. Indians have a thinner cornea around 400 to 450 micron as compared to western population (around 600 micron).
The critical thickness of cornea must be above 300 micron even after lasik lasers to avoid/minimize future complications.
Since laser burns the cornea, for removing every 1d of eye power, there is a reduction in 35 micron thickness in cornea.
Indians with average thickness of 400 to 450 micron thickness can only go upto 35*5= 175 micron reduction to ensure that their corneal thickness remains above crucial thickness of 300 micron.
So patients are advised to take a independent opinion from a experienced ophthalmologist preferably before going for lasik laser since procedure done on wrongly selected patient can lead to life long complication for the patient.
One can use contact lenses which have become quite advanced with time, if one does not want glasses. All that glitters is not gold and not every side effect can be predicted.
Consult on www.lybrate.com/arjunkumarsingh.