Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prabhakar Upadhyay
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhakar UpadhyayYour feedback matters!
My daily walk in morning 6 km and breakfast cornflakes , oats biscuit, apricots, almond, walnuts, finish before 8.30 am and 10.30 am one cup rice dal, sabji, after 1.30 pm three nos chapati and sabji, 5.30 pm fruit salad water million , papaya and apple, then 8.30 pm 2 nos chapati sabji. 103.0 in bed please answer my benefits of life.
By now many men have heard of the HPV vaccine for women. This vaccine is vitally important to help sexually active women avoid HPV infection, which is one of the most common reasons for cervical cancer. But men who want to ensure the best possible penis care should also get the vaccine, as it is designed to provide many protections for everyone, not just the females in the equation. Here's what a man needs to know.
What is HPV, anyway?
Also known as human papillomavirus, HPV is one of the most common viruses among adults. In fact, the CDC reports that most people will be infected with it at some point in their lives. Most people aren't aware of their infection, since so many cases are "silent" and leave no symptoms. But some do face issues, such as genital warts or cervical cancer.
What happens when a man gets HPV?
Most people already know that cervical cancer and HPV are strongly linked. But when a guy gets HPV, lots of ugly things can happen to him, too. For men, it usually shows up as genital warts. Though genital warts aren't necessarily a health problem, they are certainly a problem for a man's sex life; he must inform his partners that he has the warts, which can be problematic when trying to get to know a new partner. He must also be careful to wear a condom at all times, even with a regular partner, so as not to spread the warts.
HPV is also shown to have a role in a small number of cases of anal cancer, penis cancer and throat cancer. Though this is rare, the possibility can increase if a man does things that would otherwise lead to problems in those areas, such as smoking.
How can a man protect against HPV?
- Fortunately, the HPV vaccine for women works for men, too. Good penis health relies on getting the proper vaccines, including the HPV vaccine. Though it is recommended that a boy receive the vaccine between the ages of 11 and 12, it can be given to men up to 26 years of age. It is always most effective when given to a man who is not yet sexually active, as he has a much lower chance of any sexually transmitted infection, including HPV, already present.
- However, a man who is older than the age of 26 can take steps to protect himself, even if he isn't eligible for the HPV vaccine. He can do this through regularly monitoring his penis health to ensure there are no changes or abnormalities in his equipment. He can also choose partners carefully and use a condom each time, until he chooses to stay monogamous with a partner and they have both been tested for HPV and other infections. If he does happen to test positive for HPV, it's time to sit down with the doctor and discuss ways to protect his health and the health of his partners.
- In addition, a man can turn to great hygiene to help his penis health stay in tip-top shape. That includes the regular use of a specially formulated penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). A guy can benefit from alpha lipoic acid, which fights free radicals, as well as L-carnitine for better overall health. He can keep the skin smooth and supple with the addition of Shea butter and vitamin E, and for the finishing touch, turn to a crème with vitamins D and C - both known for their healing and protective properties.
Testosterone is a male hormone and can perhaps be referred to as the key to male libido. Low testosterone can therefore, create problems in your otherwise smoothly functioning sex life. It can even impair your overall health and it has been known to have severe psychological effects as well. It can lead to social isolation or can make a person suffer from acute inferiority.
Some of the symptoms that can be used to identify low testosterone levels are:
- Erratic moods and irritability: Physical processes of the human body are hugely dependent on testosterone secretions. A decrease in testosterone levels can make a man moody or irritable. He can lose his temper any minute or might feel unnecessarily discouraged.
- Decreased muscle mass: Testosterone is known to be effective in strengthening one's muscles and in building up muscle mass. A man suffering from low testosterone will find it difficult to build muscle strength. Significant changes in lifestyle and regimented exercising might not help when testosterone levels are low.
- Long spells of exhaustion: If you have been facing fatigue for quite some time now, your worries should be concentrated around your hormones for a change. The male hormone testosterone when secreted in less quantity can make you feel tired at the drop of a hat.
- Loss of bone mass: Hormonal imbalances in men, strictly characterized by decreased testosterone levels, can lead to thinning of bone mass. The bones grow weak and brittle and they are become prone to fractures.
- Erectile dysfunction: A problem in your testosterone levels can impair your sex life. Men have been reported instances of erectile dysfunction. with lower levels of this hormone. Some have even reported a marked decrease in their libido as well as semen or ejaculate volume.
- Increased hair fall: The health of your hair is greatly influenced by your hormone secretions. Low testosterone can make you suffer from increased hair lose. Bald patches might develop on your scalp. Such bodily changes tend to have psychological effects on a person as well.
Medical approaches to such a condition and risk factors involved.
To treat such a condition one may resort to testosterone injections or to implantable testosterone pellets. When such kinds of treatment are followed up on a regular basis, considerable improvement is noticed. However, the treatment procedures involve certain risks and thus it is best to consult your doctor, who can then prescribe the best combination of medicines and doses for the best effect. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.