Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja DesmukhYour feedback matters!
Back bone is getting pain I having test also nice test and all for need to be back bone causes. Some bone are broken and some are wasting what I did plzz answer me.
I am 52 years male ,feeling pain in heel after wack up in morning when putting my leg on ground .After waking few minute the pain reduces , It is since one week. What may be reason and what is remedy in Ayurveda.
I am 30 years old, my left leg was fractured at ankle joint two years before. Now it swells & pain regularly please give me the solution.
I fell down on my left side on the tiles, there is pain from my thighs to the foot on my left side. what medicine should I take for immediate relief from pain. i am a diabetic patient.
Good evening doctor! I have been suffering from back pain as well as knee pain. I am running 59 years of age. Could you please guide me? r. Thomas, nagercoil of kanyakumari district.
I am 50 years old I am suffering with back pain and it came from back to chest and some time my chest has been burnt. I have consulted cardiologist, he tested me and ecg, echo are also taken and prescribed some medicines. But, the pain has not cured. Cough and flum has been occurred. I unable to walk at a distance as minimum as furlong.
Hi, I am suffering with severe back pain, lower back and moving upwards, specially the pain is acute in nights and while getting out of bed early morning, please advise.
I have been going to gym regularly since 6 months, my upper body is strong but am facing problems with my knees and foot. I think I have very weak knees, whenever am tired or in some tensed situations, my knees and foot starts trembling. Is this due to lack of calcium? Or should I have any other health check up to find out the problem.
Moderate back pain while standing for 15-20 minutes like walking in a mall. Pain sets at rest within 5 minutes by having a seat. Knee pain while climbing stairs. No pain while walking or bending knees i. E. Sitting on a floor. Peripheral arteries disease causing pain in calf muscle while walking but with pain can walk for 50-60 minutes.
I have muscles pain and pain in thighs also from 5 days. I cannot walk properly. Than what should I do? Please tell me.
I masturbate everyday visualising girls women near me also I will like to mention I am married and not attracted to my wife I make sex with her for her pleasure which is my duty. How can I manage not to masturbate its years now I am doing it health wise I am fit sometimes back pain I feel thats all. Also masturbation increase my weight.
I am moumita, I am 21 years ldo. My mother she is suffering from back pain, how she can get relief from it? Thnk u.
My mother in law is of 48 years old. She has pain in her knee too much. She is suffering from this pain for 5 years. But doesn't have any relief. How can she reduce this pain? Please suggest.
I have Ankylosing spondylitis since last 15 years and suffering restrictions in movements, what should I do? is there any remedies?
Causes, symptoms and treatment for Knee Pain
Hello, I'm Dr. Duraj Prakash, Orthopedic Surgeon practicing in areas of South Delhi and specializing in the field of knee replacement surgery and Orthoscopic reconstruction procedure of knee and shoulder. Today I'll briefly talk about common problems of the knee and how to prevent degeneration of knee in people who're reaching middle age group. Knee arthritis is one of the common problems that we're facing as population ages and people want to beome and lead more and more active life. Generally knee arthritis has multiple reasons, why somebody gets knee arthritis others don't. It could be related to genetics, lifestyle, weight of the person and activity level. There is a small group of people where a neglected injury very rapidly damages the joint and gives rise to premature or early athritis.
The symptoms of knee arthritis are:
2. and Stiffness
Many people ust complain of morning stiffness and the issue becomes complicated if the person trips or falls because weak muscles fall in arthritis. Make sure that cause people trip and fall moee frequently. So the way to avoid is to maintain proper weight. In case someone has got early childhood deformities like bow legs and knock knees it should be appropiately corrected in younger age group. Then any injury which a person may sustain, it may look innocous, it may hurt for a couple of days and then becomes alright should never be neglected. If the problem is instability, if your knee feels it is going to slip out of the alignment on a rough surface you must go see an orthopedic surgeon.
Another group of people is ones who are suffering from Rheumatoid arthritis where the problem starts with fingers and small joints of hands and feet but gradually progresses to the knees. These people should regularly do exercise to maintain muscle strength and ensure that they take proper medication in time to prevent long term damage to the knee. Regular strengthening of the knee muscles, the thigh muscles which stabilizes the knee goes a long way in preventing any problem in knee joint. Even with mild arthritis if your knee and your thigh muscles are strong, your likelihood of getting a surgery is very rare. In addition when the muscles are strengthened not only the knee feels better, likelihood of fall also reduces to a great extent.
In those people where the knee is already damaged the technology now offers us many remedial measures starting from small penaul procedures to regenerate the cartilage to upcoming procedure like platelet rich plasma, stem cell therapy and reconstruction therapies ranging from many many ways of small surgery partial knee replacement and leading onto total knee rreplacement which everybody knows right now. The smaller procedures have a very big advantage in terms of safety, better function, smaller stay in the hospital and equally long functional life of the prosthesis. With the newer technology it is possible to treat these conditions but then the best remedy is to take step before the problem arises. So stay healthy, keep active and remain fit.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. It reduces knee pain caused by various illnesses including arthritis, inflammation of the cartilage and wearing of the patella among others. Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Alfalfa: Alfalfa is medically known as Medicago Sativa. Alfalfa is excellent for making sure that your joint pain reduces, when taken in liquid form four times a day.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Bishop's weed: The medical name for Bishop's weed is Trachyspermum Ammi. The oil extracted from this herb is usually applied to the knees to reduce the intensity of such knee pains.
- Celery: The medical name for celery is Apium Graveolens. Celery is not only an effective treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and associated pains in the knees, but it is also helpful in treating gout. It is usually agreed upon that this particular treatment is usually long lasting because of its alkaline nature.
- Dandelion: Dandelion's biological name is Taraxacum Officinale. It is rich in magnesium and is crucial for the correct mineralization of the bones. This mineralization allows the bones to become stronger and also prevents knee pain.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
Sir I have some body pains and leg pains total body pains of too much daily night sir how to solve my problem sir.
A Tennis elbow is a painful condition that affects the tendons due to a condition known as tendinitis, which causes inflammation. This condition will end up restricting the free movement of the elbow and the arm due to the pain and stiffness that it causes. This is due to the fact that these tendons are the tough band of connective tissues that hold the muscles and the lower arm with the bone. Repeated gripping motions and continued tugging as well as activities like weight lifting, tennis, squash and other like carpentry, painting writing and typing, can lead to this condition.
Here are a few methods of treatment and the questions that revolve around them.
- Do I have to restrict my movements: Yes, when you have tennis elbow, the very first thing you must do is to give rest to the tendons by curbing those activities that have caused the condition or those which can aggravate the pain and stiffness. Lifting heavy objects, gripping things for prolong periods, other physical pursuits like tennis and other games and more will need to stop so that you do not stretch, strain or pull the tissue.
- Can I take pain killers: Yes, you can take pain killers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen in case the pain is unbearable? Always ensure that an orthopaedic specialist takes a look at your arm before prescribing the medicines to you.
- Is an ice compress good for this pain: You can use the RICE method for acute pain that is less than 72 hours old. For more persistent pain, you must see a doctor. The RICE method refers to Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. In this method, you can keep your arm elevated and give it rest. You can also use an ice compress and keep it tightly wound with an elastic bandage so as to avoid swelling.
- Can I take injections for this condition: Corticosteroid injections may be used for very severe cases. This contains the cortisol hormone and can give good results in the short run.
- Are there any non invasive methods for treatment: You can try non-invasive procedures like shock wave therapy which will help in fixing the pain and promote motion gradually. This procedure is usually conducted with the help of shock waves that are passed to the skin.
- Is exercising a complete no no: In this case, many orthopaedic surgeons and doctors will ask you to go through physiotherapy so that you can get used to movements and motion after prolonged pain. These exercises will also strengthen the muscles of the area.
Talk to your doctor if the pain is particularly debilitating and discuss surgery for the same.