Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Parakh SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi iam Mohit from delhi iam 17 years old on my face small pimples are there from 4 years they are not remove so you can please tell me the pimples cream or any advice please tell me.
I got some pimples on my face some time my face clear but pimples come again. Why this is happening?
Sir my name is dinesh kumar yadav from behror my age twenty four year my face acne please tell me treatment and guide me.
Hi, I am faiz I have lost my hair much more so, may I get hair on my head please suggest me how is it possible, I want to dense hair. Thanks.
I am suffering from hair loss problem. Backside of my head has lost some hairs & its continue. Please tell me how can I stop it?
A common skin condition which causes the discoloration of your skin in patches across the face, melasma is more of a social embarrassment and cause for distress rather than being a serious condition. Although it affects men as well, studies have shown that over 90 percent of patients are women. It is also known as the mask of pregnancy as many pregnant women develop this skin condition.
Causes of Melasma
Primary causes of melasma have been attributed to various hormonal changes within the body. Let's look at some of the factors that may cause this disorder:
- Pregnancy - This is often attributed as the leading cause of melasma, the primary cause has often been attributed to hormonal changes that a woman may experience due to pregnancy.
- Treatments that may change hormonal balance - Women on contraceptive pills or who have implants such as intrauterine devices may also develop this disorder. This is due to the balance of estrogen and progesterone being changed within the body.
- Sun exposure - Continued sun exposure may also lead to melasma. This is due to the activation of melanocytes within the body which start producing more melanin.
- Stress - Long periods of stress on the body can also trigger hormonal changes and cause melasma.
- Thyroid problems - If someone suffers from Hypothyroidism or low levels of the thyroid hormone, it can trigger other hormonal changes and also cause this skin disorder.
It has also been noticed that people with generally a darker skin tone tend to get melasma and it is less common in people with fairer skin.
Certain Characteristics of Melasma
Melasma develops in certain patterns which can be easily diagnosed either as spots on the skin similar to freckles or brown patches of skin that grow bigger. Some of these patterns are:
- Malar pattern - This grows on the nose and cheeks
- Mandibular pattern - Starts growing around the jaw line
- Brachial melasma - This grows on the upper arms and shoulders
- Lateral cheek pattern - Grows on the cheek on both sides of the face
- Centrofacial pattern - Nose, upper lips, forehead and cheeks
Treatment of Melasma
Most women who develop melasma during pregnancy report that it goes away after childbirth. However certain forms of melasma may appear in non-pregnant women due to hormonal changes. Treating the underlying hormonal changes usually resolves the problem. However certain other methods may be required to resolve the issues such as skin creams, chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 25 years old. I am suffering from dandruff problem. Head shave solve my dandruff problem. Please tell me.
I am having itching n spread of this itching along with redness n darkness of skin .wat exactly is this .give the medication for the above condition.
My uncle is suffering from a lot of hair loss. Now there is no hair on his middle part of head except at sides. It makes him down. He used many oils, tablets and many more medicine. He is losing hope that hair will come again. He also used ayurvedic oil. He don't want to do hair transplant as it gives a lot of pain and he do not want to face it. Please help me in this case so that he can regain his hair back and no one can make fun. Please.
I have lots of acne at my face and back. My body temperature is hot. Reason for acne? And food to reduce acne?
Grounded bishops's seed 2 t/spoon
Sugar 2 t/spoon
Water four glasses.
Boil it as first thing in the morning and reduce it in two glasses.
Drink one glass of this water in the morning and one glass in the evening before sunset. Within two three days rashesh will be cured avoid pickles.