Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Kharghar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Parag Kolhe
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Parag KolheYour feedback matters!
Hello, sir my father have been recovered from cancer that is 1st n 2nd stage in neck behind the tongue he has been recover last year by month of september'2014. But still now he is not getting any taste while eating anything. He cannot eat spicy things. His tongue always remain dry due to saliva destroy, so how can he will be able to eat every thing specialy spicy.
Hey doc. I have recently completed my treatment of rct bt still capping has to be done. I have something small ulcer type under my tongue pains alot slight white in colour. please suggest any home remedy. And please clarify if it is bcz of injctns. Worried my 2nd ques is also tooth related. My teeth has been broken slightly on which rct was done. What is the reason behind it. I have not chewed any hard food Ans soon thanks for your concern.
One warning that most children would have heard from their parent or other elders is, 'don’t eat chocolates, your teeth will get decayed'. And, most children grow up believing this to be true. As this is a global statement thus, more and more research has been done to clarify this. (Learn more to maintain Oral Health in Children)
Let us understand in brief the basic process of tooth decay. The tooth is made of mineralized layer called the enamel that is covered constantly with saliva. There are thousands of bacteria in the mouth. Food substances gradually deposit on the teeth and form plaque (learn more about plaque problem). This combination of a moist environment and bacteria on a mineralized structure produces the ideal environment for bacteria to act and produce acids which break down the minerals in the enamel. This is the first step in the origin of decay. The acid produced attracts more bacteria which further leads to worsening of the decay.
Some of the facts correlating chocolates and tooth decay are as follows:
- Chocolates in particular do not cause tooth decay. Very often, children tend to eat chocolates in between their meals and do not rinse or brush. This leads to greater level of plaque formation, thereby, starting off the process of decay. Not just chocolates any sticky foods can lead to tooth decay. What needs to be enforced is a habit to brush or at the least rinse thoroughly after eating a chocolate bar. In fact, this could be used as a reward, and it can help food deposits formed from other foods also to be washed away. The child gets to eat a chocolate, and good oral hygiene is reinforced too!
- Eating a chocolate before the actual meal is a way to indulge. What happens is that there is no sticky residue on the teeth if eaten this way. The child gets to enjoy chocolate at the same time keeping the teeth away from decay.
- Another habit is to make sure that the child eats all of chocolate at one shot than to keep nibbling at it for hours. That way, the chocolate can be managed with one round of brushing or rinsing
- it is advisable to give the child their share of chocolate at night, as most kids brush teeth before going to bed.
- Dark chocolates contain a good amount of antioxidants and are believed to reduce the incidence of plaque formation and therefore, they counter the effect of acids produced by the bacteria.
So, the next time someone talks about chocolates causing all the tooth decay, tell them it is not that bad, you can have your chocolate and eat it too!!
Hello, I am Dr Rukmani Lalit and I am a dentist, practising since last 8 years. I am doing dentistry as my health job. Just to explain you few things about your health care and dental health care.
Nowadays people are very much interested in dental care, dental accessories, dental aesthetics cosmetics. By the basic thing is the cleaning of the oral cavity, the health of the oral cavity and the cleanliness. I just want to share the Dental cleanliness or the oral health cleanliness.
First thing is that how to do the brushing properly?
The teeth should be clean and clear. And not only it should be the brushing of teeth but also continues with the flossing of the teeth.
Do you all believe in the brushing of teeth after the meal?
It is not necessary to brush your teeth but you have to follow some flossing procedures. Brushing will help in teeth cleaning in the maximum aesthetic areas. But dirt collects in between the teeth as well which can be cleaned with the help of flossing. By the help of flossing you are not removing the plague, but also you can target those areas which might have been with the food stocks and get it cleaned.
When you floss, you are not only protecting your teeth but also self-guarding your gums. It is the cause of the development of the healthy tissues that loose the tooth. It may lead to Periodontal disease like Gingivitis, peritonitis. You may tatter away from the gums and keep the teeth healthy. It is a more appropriate reason for the healthy gums and the healthy teeth.
The second version of such case is when the plaque stays on the teeth for more than 24 hours, it can cause decay of the tooth enamel surface. It will cause decay of Dentinal tubules. It will cause soft tissue involvement which will lead to inflammation of your teeth. Actually, it is the main purpose to remove the plaque and the tartar, present in your oral cavity which should be clean and clear. It will increase your health, your oral health as well as your systematic health.
For further information or the consultation, you can contact me through Lybrate.