Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Nerul west, Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pallavi GahlowtYour feedback matters!
I have 2 years old baby and still feeding and my wife does not want to feed him any more and she is trying but after some time her breast becomes hard and she feels pain in breast so is this normal or is it has any sideffect.
My son is suffering from fever since 10 days & loose motion since one month he has asthmatic allergy and having history of loose stools since his birth. He is six years old.
My son, 2.5 years old. His head circumstance is small about 40centimtrs. He understood every thinks what we say and he do every actions in corect time but he doesn't speak all words and sentens. Only some words he speak now eg mummy, daddy, water etc. And the main problem is noticed that some times he do some activities repeatedly. That is eg of he open the door then closed then open then closed again again and another he step down then up and down then up again and again. Doctor, I think his brain is not developed as his age. Any solution for this disease. Please share me details. So thank you.
My 35 days old baby daughter doesn't takes burp after her feed and after that she pukes. What should I do?
I have a 3yrs old baby. Should I use toothpest during washing her teeth? if yes, please suggest me which tooth pest?
Stomach aches and pains are common in babies, infants and parents are always in search of quick fixer to help their little ones get a relief instantly. Though instant reliefs do not come always, and there are colicky infants and babies with common stomach problems, yet some remedies and treatments always help.
Stomach pain in older kids:
The common home remedies in not so serious pains are as follows:
- Let the child rest and lie down. This may help to ease the pain in 20-30 minutes.
- Give the child some liquid to drink, which is soothing, like light tea, soup, water or diluted fruit juice.
- Let the child go to the toilet and encourage him or her to pass stool. This may help ease off the pain sooner.
- Avoid any bulk food intake in one meal and divide it into smaller meals through the day until symptoms go away.
- Don't give oily and fried food. Give easy to digest food, mostly boiled or light fried.
- Avoid giving a medicine without medical advice.
These steps generally help and the pain goes away without going to a doctor immediately. If the pain is severe and is persistent in any one part of the abdomen, then it may require immediate medical attention. Common causes may be appendicitis or gall stone problem or may be a case of acute jaundice, diarrhoea, food poison, etc. Pain on pressing one part of the belly, or high body temperature with pain, and serious vomiting are serious symptoms which you must not ignore and take the kid immediately to a medical centre or doctor.
Stomach pain in infants:
Stomach pains in infants are caused due to extra air entering the stomach while feeding. This can be avoided by burping the baby manually. There are a few burping techniques which your paediatrician and baby care giver will show you.
If you are with a colicky baby, then you would try administering the baby's nursing bottle first. There are new age nursing bottle designs, which keep off extra air from entering the stomach. The extra air mainly causes the stomach pain, and therefore, the bottle which prevents mixing of air with milk or water keeps the baby safe from colicky pains. Keep baby colic pain syrups at home ready, and give the baby a dose as and when required. It will eventually give the pain a relief. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
My baby 5 months old had got bubbles like heat bubbles on his face, is it due to heat or any allergies.
I am getting ache in my stomach from last 20 days if any medicines are there then please let me know.
I am a 30 years old female with two kids, 4 years old child and 8 month old breastfeeding baby. All of a sudden there is extreme heaviness in my right breast, it almost feels like stone with lot of lumps. I fed my baby and still it is the same since almost 4 hours. There also seems to be a small boil sort of thing on my right nipple. There is also slight pain in the right breast. What could be the reason for this? How do I cure this?
Hello! Pl advise how to slow down puberty of my 10 year old daughter. She is too short and small to understand.
My sons weight is around 6.8 kg in seven month. Is that OK or not. And he is taking dal and Rice or dal and Dakota twice a day. And fruit once a day .is that OK or not. Please give suggestions about his dite.
My daughter is 9 months old and she coughs at night a lot. I have been noticing change in noises she make, like she has a lot of cough in. Thanks!
My baby is of 3 years & 8 months old. He is not going to potty from the last days. Even if he go, he will do it in small. He is facing this problem frequently kindly suggest medication.
My baby is 2months old apart from D3 which syrup should I give for digestion for daily use please suggest me.
Hi my six months baby girl is crying very much. I have visited a doctor and he said that the baby is taking air during breast feeding. Is it true? what should we do during breastfeeding to avoid it?
As babies develop in the mother's womb, there can be many factors, which could hamper normal growth in the embryo. These can result in deformities within the physiology of the baby. One area is bone tissue growth, which in early stages is still cartilage, and can manifest within the baby as deformed feet.
The incidence of deformed feet in infants, although not very common, is still prevalent enough to warrant certain fields of study as to why they happen and their remedies.
Reasons for foot deformities in infants
Some of the reasons for foot deformities within infants are mentioned below:
1. Genetic or hereditary problems - Some problems are passed from one generation to the other, although it may not manifest in the older generations.
2. Infections to the mother during pregnancy - If the mother contracted a disease during pregnancy or had an infection, it can have adverse effects on the developments of the baby and cause deformities.
3. Side effects of medications - If the mother was under medication, side effects of certain medications can cause hormonal imbalances resulting in deformities.
4. Hormonal imbalances - Certain hormonal imbalances present in the mother's body due to overlooked problems may cause issues with the baby's development and result in foot or other physical deformities.
Correction of Foot Deformities
Most corrective measures for foot deformities entail surgery as severe problems can be only corrected through that. These measures may also include other methods such as physiotherapy, massages, and training.
Let's look at some of the techniques, which are used to correct deformities, either in combinations or as standalone techniques.
- Corrective surgery - This is the most common and usually the most recommended course of action as anything above mild deformities will have to be corrected through surgeries. Most surgeries entail lengthy recuperating periods and follow ups.
- Corrective footwear - Milder foot deformities can be corrected with special footwear or setting devices such as special braces and supports to correct the problems.
- Physiotherapy - Certain forms of physiotherapy are effective in correcting mild forms of deformities. However, this tool is usually deployed in conjunction with surgeries to speed up the healing process
- Exercises - Certain deformities can only be changed with the help of exercise over a long period of time and cannot be fixed quickly even via surgery and thus, will need special care for long periods of time.
Related Tip: Early Childhood Trauma - Reasons and Diagnosis
Researchers have revealed that seven-month-old babies have basic social skills and can understand what their parents and relatives are up to..this study says small babies not only observe their surroundings but can also understand social interactions
The results provide evidence that directly links neural responses from the motor system to overt social behaviour in infants