Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Pallavi AgrawalYour feedback matters!
Eyelid Lift, Blepharoplasty and Ptosis surgery are terms related to modes of eye surgeries. However, they are not the same and have got some basic differences.
As we become old, our awareness towards the puffiness around the eyes increases. We also sense the extra skin over the eyelid and the droopiness. The above-mentioned surgeries are meant for correcting these disorders. Each surgery is meant for the treatment of a different disorder or condition.
We must know about these three procedures and the major distinctions between an eyelid lift, blepharoplasty and ptosis surgery.
- Eyelid Lift: This is a generic term or word, and it may refer to blepharoplasty, as well as ptosis surgery. Eyelid lift is not a technical name of any mode of surgery. It refers to the lifting of eyelids in general, for which several surgeries are conducted. It refers to any form of surgery where the tissues are lifted, repositioned or trimmed for lifting of the eyelids.
- Blepharoplasty: This is an actual surgical procedure carried out on the eyelids. In this surgery, excess skin is removed or the fat present is repositioned in order to remove the puffiness o the eyelids. In case of the upper eyelid, this surgery disposes of extra skin, which may hang over the eyelashes. Unwanted fullness is also reduced. The same thing is carried out in case of the lower eyelid. In some cases, the skin of the lower eye is not removed. Instead, it is moved to a different area such as the cheek.
- Ptosis Surgery: This mode of surgery is carried out for lifting the upper eyelids. This is done by manipulation of the muscle tendon on the eyelids which have stretched out. The weakening of the tendons may happen due to ageing, LASIK or cataract surgery, or because of using contact lenses. In a ptosis surgery, excess fat and skin from the eyelids are removed as well.
It's vital for anyone to know about eyelid surgeries and the basic difference between the terms eyelid Lift, blepharoplasty and ptosis surgery. While the eyelid lift is a general term, Blepharoplasty and Ptosis surgery fall under the modes of eyelid lift surgery. Choosing the best mode for your eyelids depends on the condition and symptoms you experience, and they may vary among people. Such surgeries are performed by oculo-facial surgeons. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
Doctor, please suggest me what to avoid and take in this summer. I am from Kolkata, here already 40°C, and I have to go for collage and classes every day. I have problem with sun, my eyes and face feeling burning, Please help me do safety myself.
I don't have sight. But I would like to wear contact lens of different colour occasionally. Is it recommended? If yes what kind of lens can be used?
I am 22 years old male and I have squint in my left eye. Is any treatment possible without surgery. Is surgery is safe? is it possible to cure squint by 100%. I hear that. After surgery squint may relapse. Is it true?
Sir I am use my computer for my personal work and also I am software developer and 12-1 hours sit in front of computer so can you suggest some tips to avoid eye infection?
I have red eyes for 2 days what should I do? I think I am having migraine pain. Because from last year this was the same thing which I faced.
I have a problem with itching near my private place. It is long periods problem please give solution.
My friend is 20 years old and he has a habit of masturbating. He is telling me he is not able to remember things properly after doing it. He does it for every 3 days. Is there any such a problem? And also complaining that he is not able to see things properly some times. He has this habit since 6th class items. please give any solution for this.
She has very weak eye sight his number is + 5 and + 1 in both eyes So she will prefer to go to laser surgery or use spectacles in her whole life because she gets pain after some time when she works in computer or do study.
Every time when I am in my classroom I feel sleepy. My eyes feel irritation all time, Please help me.
I am 25 year old female. Last two days, my both eyes becomes. Severe reddish and irritation felt. Particularly, my right eye becomes more reddish than left eye. I use some eye drops. Still, redness present. Also severe irritation on both right and left eye. And one more thing small growth like mass present over right eye, but in left eye no growth like mass present. It causes some foreign sensation to me. But, vision normal. No dimness of vision and blurring of vision. But, I am affaraid of it may cause any severe problem like vision loss. I use also some eye drops. Still, not cure. Itching also present. Only eye drops enough for me. Or any surgical removal of growth is necessary.
I have eye pain. In sunlight I cannot see anything clearly and headache also starts even I am using day and night lenses. Some dark type circles are there in my iris. Sir please do suggest me something.
An eye stye develops when a specific oil gland at the edge of an eyelid gets infected. A stye looks like a pimple in appearance and may occur either outside or the inside of an eyelid.
Here are several facts you should know about eye styes:
- Pain, redness and tenderness are the first signs: After these symptoms are observed, a small pimple develops in the affected area and swells up the eyes. In some cases, only the immediate area is affected while in other cases, the entire eye gets swollen.
- Styes do not cause problems with vision: Vision is not affected by eye styes much and both near vision and far vision will remain unaffected.
- Staphylococcal bacteria causes an eye stye: This specific bacteria is usually found in the nose which makes it easy to transfer to the eyes when you rub your nose (read more about Allergic Issues of the Nose) and then the eyes.
- Styes are contagious: Every human contains this bacteria in their body, which cause styes and any person of any age can develop an eye stye. Eye styes are contagious in nature and can spread from person to person. You must keep your eyes and hands very clean and must not share pillows, bed sheets or towels.
- Most eye styes heal on their own: Most styes heal on their own within a few days. Applying hot compress for fifteen minutes, three to four times a day, can help you get relief from an eye stye. This process, continued over a long time will cause the stye to rupture, drain and heal on its own.
- Do not pop an eye stye: People have the habit of popping pimples (know more about the Home Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples) with their fingers, but it is advised not to do that in case of eye styes. You must allow the stye to heal on its own.
A stye occurring inside the eyelid is called an internal hordeolum and might not rupture or heal on its own. This type of stye is serious and requires medical attention, the doctor will surgically open it up and drain it. You will be prescribed antibiotic ointments in case of recurring styes. Pre moistened eyelid cleansing pads can also be used to maintain hygiene and avoid blepharitis.
Eye stye can occur due to other eye issues: Other conditions of the eyes can also cause eye styes. The affected area undergoes frequent watering, light sensitivity gets increased and the person may feel something is stuck in their eye. An eye stye causes infection of the eyelids and affects the entire eye. Although they are not very serious and in most cases heal on their own, proper care, and precautions should be taken for eye styes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.