Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Loss Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Treatment of Malnutrition
Treatment of Chronic Fatigue
Submit a review for Dr. NivethithaYour feedback matters!
I am a mbbs student. I am gaining weight continuously. I did not do any exercise in a day. Jst study. I am jst 20 years old having 66 kg weight So please hlp me to make my diet chart and exercise shdule so that I can lose weight.
A little buzzed after a drink or two, but in the mood to work out? We would advise you against it. Alcohol lingers in the blood stream for a while after you have had it, so it would be best to avoid working out. Read this article to know what happens to your body when you exercise after drinking.
- Diuretic Effect: Alcohol is actually a diuretic that increases the urge to urinate which hinders your pace and motion while you are working out. This totally defeats the purpose of a workout and makes you visit the washroom more often than you would like to. This makes the body lose precious electrolytes too, which can leave you drained of your energy. This can also be a potentially fatal situation in case you become dehydrated.
- Coordination: It is a well-known fact that alcohol lingers in the blood stream for up to twenty four hours, even after a good night's sleep. So ensure that you do not work out after having a drink or two because it can leave you fuzzy headed and a little low in the coordination department. We all know that one of the side effects of having alcohol includes being a little bleary eyed and even uncoordinated. This can lead to injuries in case you are handling heavy equipment in the gym.
- Muscle Recovery: The point of working out is to induce good blood circulation so that there is plenty of motion with coordination and good muscle recovery with the repetitive movements. Alcohol hinders all that because it decreases the blood flow and makes for less muscle recovery which can actually lead to injuries and a heavy feeling in the muscles and joints of the body due to the extra effort it takes in order to complete the movement or set.
- Heat Related Illnesses: Dehydration is one of the common side effects of alcohol, and when coupled with sweat and heat emanating from the body, it can lead to a heat stroke and other heat related illnesses which can prove to be fatal.
- Heart Rate: Alcohol consumption the night before a sports performance or right before a work out can actually affect how the heart responds to warm up exercises and the actual work out.
- Metabolism: Alcohol slows down the metabolism which interferes with the process of energy production in the body. This leads to less energy during your work out which can sap you out completely as the liver will not produce enough of glucose.
Make a good choice to avoid an uncoordinated and potentially hazardous work out by not drinking prior to a gym session.
I am 70 years and on medication for Diabetic, Hypertension and prostate enlargement. I am having disturbed sleep due to cramps below the knee during every night 3 to 4 times for the past about one and half years. Is it due to what reason? Does calcium deficiency is also a reason?
• 30% cholesterol in the body comes from diet
• Rest is produced by the liver
• High cholesterol leads to various heart ailments like heart attack
• Consuming fat-rich food like:
o Pastries and cakes
• Hereditary factors
Natural home remedy using coriander seeds:
1. Take 1 glass water
2. Add 2 tbsp of coriander seeds
3. Boil it for 15 min
4. Strain the mixture
5. Allow it to cool
6. Drink 3 times a day
Natural home remedy using watermelon seeds:
1. Dry some watermelon seeds in the sun
2. Roast and crush them into fine powder
3. Take 1 tsp watermelon seed powder
4. Add to 1 glass water
5. Mix well
6. Drink once a day
Natural home remedy using basil and margosa leaves:
1. Take 10-15 basil leaves
2. Take 10-15 margosa leaves
3. Mix them and crush to a paste
4. Add to 1 glass of water
5. Mix well
6. Drink on an empty stomach once everyday
This reduces the bad cholesterol in blood.
• Cholesterol is of 2 types:
LDL -- bad cholesterol
HDL -- good cholesterol
• To regulate LDL levels:
Drink 1 L of water every day