Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nitin Shitut
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin ShitutYour feedback matters!
Actually I have pain only in my right side of head which also creating pain in my eyes too so can you tell wats this.
Hi doctor I am tmanna my mom is eyes are red every evening last two months what she does please tell me.
I have problem of my eyes and I'm not able to see properly which things are far a away from me pls solve this problem.
When I wake up in the morning I have my eyes watered for more than an hour. After that it dries up. Why is it?
My eye is paining because of my studies and long travelling routes what can I do? It's very painfully at night !including headaches that's very intense and painfully obvious.
My eyesight is very week my spects no is 5 and 6 I am +2 student I have to do studies online and through books please help me to cure completely my eyes.
My sister's eyes are weak. Her power is approx -2.5 , lasik operation is save for her or any other suggestion you can give. Thanks.
I feel giddiness all the time. Sometimes I think I am going mad. My eyes feel sleepy too because of it. Please suggest a massage for temporary relief.
I am suffering from pain in body, Eye and headache from last 7 day. what should I do? Please help me.
I had retinal detachment surgery in left eye in 2009. Now I am seeing wavy lines and a vey light white spot in my vision .although it not creating problem. Is there any homeopathic treatment available or any eye syrup /supplement available.
Whenever I read for like 4 hour my head start heating. Headache too. Tried medicine like metacin. But it gives just temporary relief. Tried hoga but not daily. I have numbers in eye. Can it be reason?
I have a problem in my eyes. i am suffering from infection in my eyes. what should i do ? please advice
Also known as short-sightedness, myopia is an eye disorder, which disables a person from seeing things clearly from a distance. Myopia impedes one's capability to see distant objects vividly and induces a general sense of blurriness. One of the most common cure for myopic conditions is the constant exposure to concave lenses, which stabilizes the curvature of the refracting surface of the eye, thus improving one's sight. Hence spectacles or contact lenses become the constant companion to a myopic individual. Myopia is often accompanied by sustained headaches and chronic colds.
In fact, under certain circumstances, myopia gets aggravated progressively, which often jeopardizes the health of the eye immensely. In the contemporary situation, where we are persistently exposed to gadgets of all sorts, maintaining the health of our eye becomes a cumbersome task. Periodic monitoring by ophthalmologists is a recommended method.
However, Ayurveda offers some easy and home-based formulae to alleviate the symptoms of myopia:
- Yashti Madhu: A teaspoonful of Yashti Madhu mixed with ghee and honey can prove beneficial to healing myopic conditions.
- Saptamrita Lauha: This medicine comprises of constituents endowed with medicinal properties like triphala, yashtimadhu, lauha bhasma, ghee and honey. It benefits the nervous activities, thereby soothing myopic troubles. It reaps better results when consumed with milk.
- Diet: Myopia is often worsened by a deficiency of vitamins in the body. Therefore increasing the supply of vitamin rich food, enhances the immunity of the body and reduces the strain on the eye caused by myopia. Some of the food items that are replete with vitamins are carrots, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, nuts and berries. Fish is also a very effective source of vitamins and is proven to be helpful to the eye.
- Netra Tarpan: Eye drops have often been effective cure to myopia. Netra Tarpan is an ayurvedic eye drop imbued with healing properties which not only tranquilizes the irritation in the eye, but also improves the vision.
- Lifestyle changes: Executing certain lifestyle changes can result in significant improvement in one's eyesight. Yoga and meditation are known to usher explicit health benefits. Regular sleep is also a prerequisite for curing myopia.