Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nitin Pandurang Mhatre
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin Pandurang MhatreYour feedback matters!
I am having severe back pain from the last 2 years. I've consulted many doctors but still not a single percent relief. I am a student and because of this pain in back and neck, Liam unable to study, do my projects and assignments, unable to eat properly. This pain irritates me so much. What should i do to get rid of this pain instantly and permanently?
I am 16 years old. I am facing a real trouble to move my right hand suddenly today. It is really painful in my shoulder. I played batmitton today after a long time. It is really painful to even move it. I applied some balm but it is not working. I have a batmitton match this weekend can participate.
I am 36 year old I have numbness in my both hand please suggest me some ayurvedic medicine I have cervical problem also thanks.
My Mother is around 45 years old. She was facing a problem related to arthritis such as Schatia and Gout from 5-6 years. A large no of medicine is given to her by different doctors, but there was no relief. Please suggest meYogendra Maurya.
With changing lifestyles, the small household chores have become the workouts for most of us. When not done properly, however, these cause more harm than good. The spine often bears the brunt of this damage. Read on to know if you are damaging your spine on a daily basis. If yes, time to change the way you do these activities.
- Carrying shopping bags: While two bags might look more expensive, carrying one bag tilts the weight to one side and causes the spine to bend. Instead, opt for two small bags, and this weight distribution is friendly on the spine.
- Cleaning the floor: Either sit down completely or stand and use a mop. Never bend down and try to clean the floor with a cloth. The spine posture created during this is very unhealthy and puts pressure on the spine.
- Tying up shoe laces: While it is difficult to sit down and tie the shoe laces, it is definitely worth the effort. Bending down and tying is harmful to the spine posture, and when repeatedly done, can be damaging in the long run.
- Washing vessels: Bending and washing vessels is a strict no-no. It puts too much pressure on the back and the disk wears out faster. Try standing and keep a stool at knee level, on which you can rest the knee. Take turns to do this on the right and left knee.
- At the washbasin: Bending down to brush the teeth or wash face is bad on the spine. Over a long period, this can put lot of strain on the spine. Try to rest your hand on the wall or the sink and see the pressure on the spine reduce.
- Office/school bags: It is very easy to sling a bag onto the shoulder and go on. The bag could contain books of a school kid or laptop of an office goer, whatever may be the situation, this puts uneven pressure on the back and can cause shoulder and spine issues. Always try to put the bag on both your shoulders. This distributes the weight and makes it easy on your shoulders and spine. Especially for people who are going to do some walking with the bag, it is definitely not advisable to carry it on one side.
- Sitting: For those who end up sitting for long hours, there is too much stress on the back and so support is advisable. Take short breaks and avoid sitting for more than an hour at a stretch.
- Bad mattress: While a soft mattress is very inviting, it does not support the spine and does not leave you fresh in the morning. Choose a mattress that supports the spine and see the difference. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I am suffering from severe back pain since last 6 months and though some medicines could lessen my pain for days still I couldn't get total relief from my pain. Help me.
A pain in the back can make even small, daily activities like bathing, getting dressed or even bending down to pick up things difficult. A quick and thorough treatment of such problems can prevent the problem from worsening. In such cases, there is an obvious need to exercise the lower back muscles. However, before performing these exercises, a lot of preparation is required to get your back into shape. Taking enough time to warm up and stretch the muscles can make a significant difference between helping and making the problem worse.
Why should you exercise your lower back?
The main reason for exercising the lower back region is to make it move gently through all types of motion so that it can have a greater range of movement during daily activities. Core strengthening exercises and stretches are recommended to prevent back pain. While doing these exercises, try avoiding activities that cause pain or discomfort. Pain is a sign of problem and one must be careful to avoid it during these exercises as it shows that you are hurting yourself in some way or the other.
Activities to be followed:
The following activities can help in increasing the flow of blood to the sore areas of your back and prepare for more activity, thus reducing the chance of aggravation.
- Soak in a tub of water: Fill a tub with water to a level that you will tend to float and thus reduce the force of gravity on your spine and muscles. Epsom salt can be added to relax the muscles. Do not to sit up too high in as it can cause stress to the low back discs. Slide down low enough so that the back is allowed to flatten a small amount, thus reducing disc and muscle stress.
- Use local heat to reduce muscle spasms: Soak a large towel with hot water and wring it out. Place it on the low back where your pain is located. You can also place a damp towel in the microwave oven long enough so as to heat the towel. Be careful not to overheat the towel. Place the warm cloth on the area of your pain for about ten minutes.
- Hip slides: Lie on your back. First move one hip and then the other towards your shoulders. Raise your right hip towards the right shoulder and then the left hip towards the left shoulder. Raise one of your hips and then the other up off the floor so that your back twists a little. Raise the right hip off from the floor and then do the same with your left hip.
- Windmill: This is a general back exercise. Create big circles with your arms by rotating them in clockwise and anticlockwise circles.
These activities are an excellent way to reduce back spasms and the stress on your back.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!