Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nilesh Tayade
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of Anemia
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nilesh TayadeYour feedback matters!
I have done a thyroid test through Lybrate my report is (T3)=123 (T4)=8.1 (TSH)=2.74 THIS IN MY FIRST REPORT DOES THIS REPORT IS NORMAL MY MOM HAVE thyroid BUT THIS REPORT IS MINE.
Does diabetes cause headache as I feel dizzy and have dull headache. When I check blood sugar it is normal.
25. Unmarried. I have mildly high levels of testosterone. 0.7 more than normal. Thyroid normal. RBC normal. DHEA sulphate normal. Blood sugar normal. No cysts on ovaries. They r normal in size and uterus is also normal. However because of little high testosterone I have the following problems 1. Scanty periods. BUT PERIODS ARE REGULAR. I GET IT every month and 2. Mild acne. I have 5 kg extra weight around hips. My weight is 55 and height is 5' My gynecologist said that I am not overweight and if I loose 5 more kg. I'll see a good difference. So I started with 45 mins brisk walking/jogging. And one hour of yoga. Diet - vegetarian. Lots of warm water through out the day and no junk food. My periods are regular so doctor told me not to worry. But I read some things on the net and was hesitant to ask the gynecologist. So I am asking here. 1. I read that this problem in women causes ovulation cycles. That is even if my periods are regular not necessary that I ovulated. Is this true? 2. In a year or 2 after I get married. Will I have too many problems in getting pregnant? Will the testosterone never go back to normal? Can some one guide me on these questions?
Hello everyone, I am Dr Archana Prabhu. I am an Obstetrician and gynaecologist, practicing in MUmbai. Today I will like to discuss about Thyroid Problems.
What is Thyroid?
Thyroid is a small endrocrine gland situated in front of the sound box, in the middle of the neck.
Why is it so important?
The importance of thyroid gland is that it controls our metabolism. It controls the heart rate, skin thickness, texture. It controls our brain, mood, nervous systems, hair and so many other things are controlled by Thyroid. Any thing goes wrong with thyroid. If secretion becomes more, we call it as hyperthyroidism or if secretion become less, we call it as hypothyroidism. THere are problems, out of these problems, 75% of the problems are Hypothyroidism. THat means the secretion through thyroid glands are sub normal. So, I would like to discuss Hypothyroidism.
What happens in Hypothyroidism and how do we come to know that we are suffering from this problem?
Usual problems are;
- Excessive weight gain
- Sudden weight gain
- Swelling in the feet or legs
- Dry skin problem
- Hair loss
- Difficulty in conceoption
- Menstrual issues
What happens when patient's thyroid levels are not under control or they are Hypothyroid during pregnancy?
In this case, th baby at its very early stage are exposed to the level of hypothyroidism. There are chances of abortion. In case the pregnancy continues, the baby may develop many complications like, at birth, this baby might be having growth issues i.e, growth retardation.
- This baby may have jaundice.
- This baby may develop short stretcher
- Poor growth
- Cardiac issues
The very important part here is that mental development of the baby gets affacted by thyroid level. It has been seen when the baby is exposed to low secretion thyroid level in the early months, they develop mental retardation or low IQ.
I dont think that any of the mother would liek to have this kind of baby, that too because of the small thing which she could have checked and be treated and could easily escape from such a complications. Now, they are certain problems which can go really wrong with the mother also if she has hypothyroidism and the levels are not under control. LIke the blood pressure, she may get into preeclampsia. The mother who is suffering from Hypothyroidism are at risk of developing some kind of cardiac problems.
So, friends the important point here is to check thyroid level in your early month of pregnancy. There are levels which are T3, T4 and TSH. Check thema nd if they are shwoing any kind of abnormality, the tablet is started immediately. It is a very small tablet can be taken anytime empty stomach. Throughout the pregnnacy, every 4-6 weeks we have to keep checking thyroid levels and according to pregnancy month, the levels of thyroid are different for the three trimesters.
We have to keep the levels in that particular level. So the dose adjustment and regular checkup are really important. THis can control teh complications and can save the baby and the mother.
If you need any other information, you can contact me through Lybrate.