Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nikam
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NikamYour feedback matters!
My mother is 44 years old. She is suffering from thyroid from past 6 years and had menopause 2 years ago. She is suffering from pressure in head and during she feels darkness before her and body in slow motion for 2 3 minutes. Some doctors suggest it is due to gastric problem. What should she do minimize this problem.
I'm a 22 year old male. My BMI rating is 29.4. What are my chances of getting diabetes at this age if I keep on maintaining the same BMI rating and not go beyond 30? If my chances are less, then how do I prevent it?
I am 28 years old and in last month got saviour headache 3 times? What ia the reason behind this as earlier I don't have this type of problem.
I got injected for fever at a private hospital at chennai. I was made to sit in a room while the nurse brought the injection from another room. So I dint see if it was new. I am scared if it was a dirty needle. Anxiety is killing. Kindly help regarding this.
I have 1300 ml pelvic fluid with symptoms of tuberculosis in that fluid ..what should be the course of treatment.
If someone penis touches to the vagina is there any problem in that. Does it cause anything or its harmful?
Digestion is an important process that helps in converting food to energy. It begins at the mouth and the stomach is where the detailed process begins. The stomach produces acids to digest the food. But when food is not consumed at the right time or if it is too spicy, it can lead to acid reflux. Acid reflux may result because of individual habits too such as excessive smoking and alcohol consumption. In this condition. the valve that controls the release of acids does not close properly. This causes the acid to move up and cause pain in the upper abdominal region. Acid reflux or hyperacidity initially starts with a burning sensation and gradually manifests itself as severe pain that is intolerable. Ayurveda, the ancient medical science of India, suggests a number of efficient solutions for this condition.
Triphala: This is a combination of three ingredients – the Indian gooseberry, ink nut, and beleric – in equal proportion. These three ingredients ensure a balance of the three doshas – pitta, vatta, and kapha. Ayurveda says that any imbalance in three doshas can cause diseases and disorders in the body. Therefore, consuming triphala in the form of powder or pills every day helps balance the three doshas. You can take half to one teaspoon on to triphala with warm water on an empty stomach in the morning and as you go to bed at night.
Indian gooseberry: This is an Indian fruit that is loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps in reducing pitta, which is fiery in nature as per Ayurveda and is characterized by an excessive heat. Elevated pitta is responsible for acid reflux. Taking gooseberry is easy, as it can be eaten raw or taken in the form of juice. It can also be included in a few recipes.
Other remedies: Lots of other home remedies come handy in alleviating pain related to hyperacidity. One of them is Aloe Vera. Aloe Vera juice soothes the pain and cools down the system. Additionally, buttermilk offers an instant remedy to ensure that the pain and burning sensation are relieved.
Restrictions that Ayurveda suggests: It is not only what you consume to treat the disease that matters. A few foods should be avoided to ensure complete cure. While people know that spicy foods should be kept at bay, tea, coffee, vinegar, tamarind and other sour foods should be avoided as well. Peanuts are very acidic and can trigger acid reflux.
Lifestyle changes recommended by Ayurveda: Quitting smoking and stopping consumption of alcohol is what all streams of medicine recommend. Ayurveda also advises people to follow early to bed and early to rise principle. This ensures that the body performs all its duties within hours of its optimum functioning. Lying down after a meal is not advised. Also, wearing tight clothes should be avoided. Foods that are oily and fatty should be avoided. Eating freshly-prepared food items is considered good as per Ayurveda.
Stay relaxed: Hyper acidity may also result because of stress and tension. The best way to combat stress is to stay cool and calm. Practicing yoga can help relieve hyperacidity and also alleviate pain caused by it.
Pranayama, peacock pose, and shoulder pose are recommended to combat hyperacidity. As per Ayurveda, sticking to healthy eating habits is the one-stop solution for several ailments and hyperacidity is no different. Sleeping for at least 7 to 8 hours in a silent and soothing environment is also advised by this system of ancient medicine to lead a happy and healthy life. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Penis Rash: Likely Causes and Effective Remedies
The human skin can be susceptible to problems like rashes. These can often be easily treated using topical medications. But if a rash appears on sensitive body parts such as the penis, there could be cause for concern. Failure to treat rashes and other problems in this delicate area can lead to more serious issues. To better care for this sensitive body part, it's important to be aware of some common causes for penis rash, as well as the recommended treatments.
- Razor Bumps - As suggested by the name, these red, itchy spots usually appear after shaving the hair around the penis. However, this is not as serious as it can be perceived, as razor bumps are simply the result of irritated skin and can be remedied easily. Experts suggest shaving after taking a shower, when the skin is soft, and applying shaving gel for moisturizing. Shaving towards the direction of hair growth is also recommended.
- Jock Itch - This is another common problem that most men have to deal with on a regular basis. Prevalent most especially among athletes, jock itch is caused by a fungus that thrives in warm, moist areas. It can cause a red, spreading, itchy rash that may affect the entire groin area, as well as the thighs. Topical medications such as those used to treat athlete's foot are generally effective for clearing up this condition.
- Contact Dermatitis - This condition is a type of allergic reaction to something in the environment. Most mild cases appear like the run-of-the-mill skin rash, but worse scenarios include fluid-filled bumps that may dry and peel. The most common triggers for contact dermatitis include soaps, laundry detergents, some types of condoms, and even plants and grasses. This condition can be treated by use of topical hydrocortisone ointments. A high-end moisturizer is also recommended to help sooth the itch and minimize drying and flaking.
- Balanitis - Balanitis refers to inflammation of the foreskin and/or glans and is most common among uncircumcised men. It is normally caused mainly by poor hygiene, which allows for the proliferation of bacteria, leading to swelling, soreness, and an itchy, red rash. The best remedy for balanitis is simply cleaning the infected area with a mild cleanser and avoiding the use of scented soaps that may contain irritant chemicals.
- Psoriasis - Psoriasis is a chronic skin condition that essentially speeds up the life cycle of skin cells, causing a rapid build-up of dead skin cells on the skin's surface. Genital psoriasis, in particular, comes off as a deep red rash appearing shiny patches at the tip of the penis or on its shaft. Similar to jock itch, it is aggravated by the moisture that is being locked in. Unfortunately, there is no real cure for this condition, but there are methods to keep it under control, such as treatment with oral medications, UV light, and use of crèmes containing vitamins A and E.
Prevention is better than a cure
The penis is one of the most delicates part of a man's body, and it should be given utmost attention when it comes to treatment. Hygiene, of course, will always play a big role, as well as maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Daily penis care may be extended beyond simply bathing the area to use of a penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil). A high-end product containing nutrients such as Vitamins A, B5, C, D3, and E, as well as rich moisturizers such as Shea butter, can be a key solution for maintaining hydration and soothing itchy, dry, reddened skin.