Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Neeraj RavaniYour feedback matters!
My daughter aged 22 has been suffering from depression for last one year and she is taking Sizodon LS one a day but feel sleepy for full day and still have mood swing. What to do.
Dependent Personality Disorder
Dependent personality disorder (dpd) is one of a cluster of disorders defined by symptoms of anxiety and fear. The specific, identifying symptoms include:
- being emotionally dependent on others; feeling they can’t take care of themselves
- investing a lot of time and effort in trying to please significant people
- displaying clingy, passive and needy behavior
- avoiding disagreements for fear of losing approval and support
- experiencing separation anxiety and intense fear of abandonment
- finding it hard to be alone
- putting the needs of others before their own
- tolerating mistreatment and abuse for fear of disapproval and abandonment
- being crushed, and feeling helpless, when relationships end – and forming new relationships as soon as possible
- being unable to make even the simplest decision without the input and reassurance of others
- rarely taking the initiative
- avoiding personal responsibility
- avoiding responsible jobs and careers that require independent, autonomous functioning
- being over-sensitivity to criticism
- feeling negative and pessimistic; expecting to disappoint and fail
- having low self esteem and lacking confidence, including a belief that they are unable to care for themselves.
- The cause of disorder is still unclear, and probably includes both a genetic and environmental component. Some researchers have speculated that it could be linked to an authoritarian or overprotective parenting style – which acts as a trigger for a genetic predisposition.
Treatment is usually initially sought for some other problem or concern – such as feeling overwhelmed – so that they can’t cope with life. Also, sufferers will often have a mood disorder so they seek help for depression or anxiety at first.
The normal treatment for this particular disorder is counselling or psychotherapy. However, the emphasis is short term therapy so the person doesn’t form a dependency – and then look to the counsellor to take care of them. Prognosis with support is generally good.
How can I quit smoking? I really want to quit but not getting success? Help me to get rid of this habit.
My age is 28 yrs. I am losing interest in my daily activities even am feeling nobody loves me. My husband also not paying attention. Morning time feeling dizziness and sleepy. Even I feel like not talking with anyone. please help me.
Sir! I am in class 11th. My problem is I am study almost like a topper but there is a problem my marks is not good like a topper. I am always trying to become a topper of my class but unfortunately my marks is medium not like a topper. What is this problem? Tell me please.
I had not scored good marks in gate exam this year. This failure is continuously heating in my mind. I am depressed and unable to concentrate on my study. Please help me.
I ask one question but my body is very pain and very critical condition my body so please help sir I don't know but try sir.
I'm a 26 years old and i've got serious anxiety issues. I get too anxious and tense during exams or anything that tests my credibility. I get too emotional and at times I can not get it under control. This happens as I get too attached to certain things to the extent that I find it difficult breathing. It happened with silliest things like when a tv series that I watched ends or things like when I lost my girl friend etc. Initially I neglected this and I thought it's a common attribute to all the people. But i'm not able to be successful in exams and a lot f negativity is catching up. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Just 2 months back I got married and I was not able to understand my wife started creating problems on 5th day and telling me that I am not taking care properly and she started crying I told I am looking after you well and its just 5th day you are telling me these things. I will drop her to school when I am free she is teacher and she wants me to drop everyday that is not possible for me I told my time your time vil not suite, but she told me I don't love her and not taking care. Her mind set is totally different. She don't like to go for movies, mall. She likes only temple. But there should be little change. Give suggestion for this please.
I want to be a singer and my voice is not at all good! I really want to see a change in my voice: and for that all I need is expert's advice. Advice about the time of exercise I should do to make my voice good and wht should I have to eat and what should I have not to? A full detailed chart from you all! I seriously need help Nd I want someone among uH to help me plz.
I am 26 years male having a good lifestyle and no addiction of smoking, drinking or coffee but I have a headache for short duration of time everyday and I am unable to get sleep.
Getting through an ugly divorce is quite a difficult thing, no matter what the reason might be. Your world can turn upside down after a divorce and you have to make a fresh new start in life.
Here are some tips you should follow to get through an ugly divorce:
- Accept the fact that it is okay to have different feelings: All feelings like sadness, anger (learn Ways to Control Your ANGER), exhaustion, frustration and confusion are quite intense after a divorce. You should accept these reactions and they will surely decrease with time.
- You need to give yourself a break: Accept the fact that you are weak and time is required to be back to normal functioning. Your work performance can be affected as well. Taking a break is a must after a divorce.
- Do not try to go through the situation alone: You should share your feelings with your friends and family, and you will surely get help. Joining support groups can also be fruitful. Isolation makes your condition worse; so you must go out, interact and share stuff.
- You should take proper emotional and physical care of your body: Eat timely, work out and relax. Try to maintain your normal daily routine and do not make major life decisions during this point of life. Abstain from too much alcohol and cigarettes as they are not a solution.
- Avoid ugly situations: Avoid talking to your former spouse as discussions may lead to ugly situations and fights, which would enhance your misery.
- Take a hobby: Try to do things you love to do from your heart. Join classes, take music lessons, paint pictures and slowly try to enjoy life. Making new friends is also a good idea.
- Think positive: Positive thinking is a must and if you engross yourself in positive, constructive activities, you are likely to feel good. You need to be flexible and in case you have children, do your best to provide them an ideal atmosphere for adjusting to the situation (learn more for Positive Parenting)
- Time can heal everything: Keep one thing in mind that life will eventually return to normal. Time heals everything and one day you will not be affected anymore.
- Talk to your children and help them cope: You need to provide proper care to your kids for coping with the situation. Talk to your children and make them understand that they are not responsible for the divorce by any means. Try to ease their concerns, be compassionate, but maintain a direct approach. Maintain your child's routine exactly how it used to be, so that they feel less amount of sudden change. Do not involve your children in the conflict in any way.
A divorce is extremely difficult to cope with, as one has never faced or felt such a situation before. With proper support and measures, you can get over a divorce much more easily.