Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ms. Dolly Tiwari
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Dolly TiwariYour feedback matters!
I am 46 years old working with private shipping company, my job profile is recruitment and my elder daughter is Completed her 12th std and Want to do MBBS and I get angry and depressed after reaching home please help me.
Doctor my final exams are coming my concentration power is low how can I make concentration on my studies tell me solution.
I am 25 years old boy . I am heavily emotional and sensitive type don't speak too much with others and at the same time I will quickly get angry within 5 sec even for small matters and later feel regret and start crying for the issues . Where I need to consult a psychiatrist for the anger management or I will get cure by medicines.
I am a 34 male taking nexito 10 mg (escitalopram) for anxiety from about 1 year. We want a baby. Can we try for baby. Is there any problem from my side which effect baby? Please advise. Thanks.
Need some urgent help and advice 're my wife suspected to have myasthenia gravis and have just got her blood tests done today incl the antibodies one. Yesterday I was in panic when one of her eyeballs squinted up for a few seconds. We are based in South Mumbai. Please help as am Damn tense. Thanx.
What are severe side effects of propranolol hydrochloride on heart? I took the medicine non stop for 2 months. I took it for migraine pain. The dosage was 2 times a day daily. The medicine concentration was 40 mg.
My friend is smoking for the last 7 years and sometimes he is having pain near the right chest. Is that something to worry about his lungs?
I am a 24 years boy in serious tension about my relationship. Its an inter caste issue where my family is very religious. It has caused me huge worry and I am getting into memory loss kind of a situation. I require to convince my family or elase I feel I would suffer much more what should I do?
What happens if two or three avil 25 mg tablets are taken at night time before going to bed. Not on a regular basis as my friend suffers from love failure and she had it and told me. What will be the symptoms? Will there be any side effects later in future. Please tell me so I can do help her from problems.
Schizophrenia is a psychiatric disorder in which a person’s mood, knowledge, thought and several other characteristics gets disturbed. We can notice most of the adults and old people with few symptoms of schizophrenia, which are most commonly left unidentified. The exact cause of schizophrenia is not yet known. The person feels that they are being constantly watched, they feel the presence of someone or something, which is not actually there. They are always suspicious and think that other people are gossiping and thinking about them.
Possible causes of Schizophrenia
Though the exact cause of schizophrenia is not known there are few factors, which contribute to the cause of schizophrenia.
- Genetic factors: People with a family history of schizophrenia are at higher risk of getting schizophrenia.
- Environmental factors: Environmental factors include excessive stress during pregnancy or later stages of life. Several other factors during pregnancy and childhood are responsible for causing schizophrenia. These factors are:
- Decreased oxygen level during delivery due to premature birth or prolonged labour
- Parental loss or separation in early stages of life
- Parental exposure to virus or during infancy
- Childhood physical or sexual abuse
- Abnormal brain structures and brain chemistry
Sings and symptoms of schizophrenia
- Hallucination: To see, feel or hear anything that really does not exist is known as hallucination.
- Delusion: A thought or belief of a person, which is either false or impossible in reality is known as delusion.
- Thought and speech disturbances: The thought process and speech of a schizophrenic will be disorganized, due to which he or she will fumble or is distracted as they are unable to align their thoughts.
- Difficulty in concentrating: It is difficult for people suffering from schizophrenia to concentrate on the task at hand.
- Erratic behaviour: People suffering from schizophrenia tend to behave erratically, either they will be too jumpy or will be perfectly still for hours at a stretch. Most people belief that those who are suffering from schizophrenia are often violent in nature, which actually is not the case.
Treatment for schizophrenia
Schizophrenia can be treated, if identified at an early stage. It is best advised to consult a psychiatrist the moment you spot the symptoms. Anti psychotic drugs, self help behaviour change, counselling and rehabilitation are few treatment modalities available for schizophrenia.