Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meghana Jadhav
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meghana JadhavYour feedback matters!
Since time immemorial, Ayurveda has been used for treating various ailments including injuries such as wounds and cuts. Medical treatments have made immense advancement in the past few decades, but the age-old Ayurvedic treatments for wounds and cuts have still not gone out of practice.
One of the biggest benefits of Ayurvedic medication is that they don’t have any side effects. Ayurveda is the best options available when you want natural treatments of your wounds and cuts.
Let’s have a look at some of the best known Ayurvedic treatments available for you.
- Turmeric: Turmeric powder is one of the most popular herbs that are used to heal injuries. It is best known for its antiseptic characteristics. If there is an inflammation, apply turmeric paste on the affected area for steady and quick recovery. Turmeric kills the bacteria and also ensures that the wounds heal faster.
- Tea Tree Oil: This is another great option for healing wounds and preventing infections. The antifungal, antibacterial and antiseptic features of tea tree oil are well known and they are being used in other forms of medication as well. Crush a few tea tree leaves and apply it on the cut or you can apply tea tree oil for 4-5 times a day on the wound.
- Potatoes: These common vegetables have great healing capacity. Apply a mashed skin of a potato directly on the affected area and cover it with a soft and clean cloth. Keep it overnight and clean the area with salt water next morning to disinfect. This will sting a little but will ensure quick healing while being an antiseptic.
- Aloe Vera: You should grow this plant within your house on small pots as this has many medicinal properties. One them is being an antiseptic as well as a promoter of healing. Break open a leaf and you can apply the gel within it directly on the affected area of the skin.
- Coconut oil: Apply coconut oil on the affected area and cover it up with a band-aid. Repeat the process twice or thrice a day and you would be astonished to see how quickly your bruises disappear. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.