Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Megha KulkarniYour feedback matters!
Hello mam. Meri age 22 hai. Mera period date 14 hai, hmesa sahi time pe ajati hai pr is br late ho gya h. Please aap mjhe btaye ki aisa kyu hua or period lane ke liye kuch btaye. Main av unmarried hu.
I am suffering from PCOS and weight gain. To regulate period got suggestion to have one teaspoon sesame seed 15 days prior to periods date. But much confused that some are saying sesame seeds increases weight. Will sesame seeds really increases weight? Already i am obese, so I don't want to take chances. So please suggest whether sesame seeds gain weight or not?
Is it safe to take dental x rays during pregnancy,1st trimester .Took about 6 to 7 dental x rays for rot canal treatment.
Hello, I'm trying for pregnancy from last 5 months but unsuccessful results. I got pcos problem with left 10 and right 7 and my weight is 64 kg age 25. Periods are delayed by 5 days monthly but last month was delayed by 10 days and this month I'm delayed by 17 days. Wanted to try for baby naturally but unable to do so should I consult a doctor will it help me at the earliest?
She has white discharge from her vagina, sometimes, yesterday she had about half glass discharge. Itching, burning and become red little bit .
My gf and me doing sex on 17 dec and after 1 hour later my gf get a pill of unwanted 72 but after 4 days no bleeding, is it risky? For pregnancy ?my gf age 19.
I take birth control pill after having sex but now I am worried about my periods can you please help me about it.
Mai 19 saal ki hu. Mere periods suruvat se timely ni aate hai. Pehle to kabhi kabhi 2 mahine ya 3 mahine par aate the. Lakin ab to 15-20 din me hi aa jaate hai. Maine bahut baar hormons ki medicine bhi khai hai. But koi phark ni padta hai. What should I do?
I am 28 years female and I have pcos problem so that I am not getting pregnant please give me some advise how can I conceive.
A uterus has 2 layers the one with a thin layer is known as the endometrium and the thick outer layer is known as myometrium. Menstruation occurs after every 10-14 days post the ovulation. In a normal menstruation cycle, the wall of the endometrium thickens as part of the preparation process of pregnancy. In a normal scenario, the endometrium wall sheds if a woman does not conceive. While doing this the uterus might shed some blood. However, if the bleeding becomes erratic and in higher frequencies, the condition is termed as abnormal uterine bleeding.
Here is a list of reasons for abnormal uterine bleeding:
- Young girls: Any bleeding before the first menstrual cycle is termed as abnormal. The bleeding might happen due to trauma, the intervention of a foreign object, problems related the urinary tract, irritation of the uterus etc. Bleeding might also occur due to sex abuse. A qualified gynaecologist would be able to diagnose the exact cause for this condition.
- Adolescents: After the first menstrual cycle, there could be fluctuation in the subsequent menstrual cycle accompanied with excess bleeding from the uterus. This is a condition which is treatable and normalises once the ovulation and the hormonal cycle stabilises. However, if the bleeding persists in after 3-4 menstrual cycle, a doctor has to be consulted.
- Premenopausal women: There could be a variety of reasons for more than normal bleeding in women between menopause and adolescence. Some of the common reasons are hormonal changes and hormonal therapy for birth control. For women who fail to ovulate regularly can experience conditions such as endometrial polyps, uterine fibroids and uterine adenomyosis leading to excess bleeding from the uterus. Some other common factors of uterine bleeding include cervix infection, pregnancy, cervical cancer, disorders related to clotting, certain illnesses related to the kidney and liver.
- Hormonal birth control: Women taking help of hormonal birth control can experience breakthrough bleeding. This often occurs due to changes in the uterus lining. If the bleeding from the uterus persists for few months at stretch, a different birth control pill should be tried. Bleeding can also occur due to due to irregular consumption of birth control pills. If the situation does not improve, it is wise to consult a doctor to get the condition addressed.
- Menopausal transition: Towards the end of the menstrual cycle, the period timings become irregular. While the secretion of the oestrogen continues the progesterone flow declines. This phase is known as perimenopause. The sudden hormonal changes lead to an excess fluid secretion by the walls of the endometrium. The whole process can lead to an excess bleeding from the uterus. Even using birth control pills during this phase can lead to excess bleeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.