Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Megha KulkarniYour feedback matters!
I was aborted 15 months back using medicine. I am having irregular periods. Last time I had periods on 1 Dec, 2016.since then I am not having periods. Moreover I am having problem in my urination. I feel it to be incomplete. I had to force to excrete out the remaining. And it comes out little by little. Today I had my urine test for pregnancy and it was negative. I don't understand why is it happening. What should I do? What tests should I go through to know the exact problem? Whom to consult? Please suggest me the reason and solution.
Although a vegetable, garlic is primarily classified as a spice and is used in many dishes across cultures. However, apart from the pungent smell which is the most known characteristic of garlic, it also has medicinal properties and thus, was even used by healers for various ailments before the advent of modern medicine.
Some of the reasons garlic is considered healthy
Garlic is considered healthy for a multitude of reasons. Let's look at some of the ailments that garlic can prevent as well as help in healing.
- Great against common cold: Garlic and garlic based homemade treatments are great ways to ward of the common cold. Garlic contains the chemical "allicin" which is known to aid health within the body. Having a few cloves or garlic can help you fight the common cold infection.
- It is known to improve bone health: Garlic is known to be very beneficial for bone health, especially in menopausal women. Women may encounter bone loss during menopause as the production of estrogen is lowered. Garlic encourages estrogen production which can stop bone loss and even protect against bone problems such as osteoarthritis.
- Is an effective agent in lowering blood pressure: Hypertension is a known killer all across the world. Garlic contains polysulfides which are effective in vasodilation or the widening of the blood vessels and also relaxation of the muscles. This helps blood pressure being lowered within the body and is an effective home remedy if consumed in controlled amounts.
- Reduces fatigue and is a performance enhancer: Garlic is known to reduce fatigue within people as it controls the heart rate by lowering blood pressure. Whether it is an athletic performance or other physical work related performance requirements, this spice tends to give an extra boost.
- Controls LDL cholesterol, thereby reducing chances of heart disease: LDL cholesterol, also known as bad cholesterol, is controlled by allicin as it improves liver functions. The liver can then break down LDL cholesterol easily and thus also helps in preventing arteriosclerosis. Garlic is also known to prevent blood clots that lead to heart attacks.
- Garlic has anti-parasitic and anti-bacterial properties: Garlic has been known throughout the ages to be an affective antibacterial and anti-parasitic agent. Garlic extracts or small amounts of garlic in your diet can help you build up immunity and also kill infections within your system effectively. It is also known to be very effective against tapeworm infestations within the gut. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I need a prescription for birth control pills. I am a lactating mother to a 10 month old baby girl. I had a ceaserian delivery.
There are several herbal treatments available to help infertile couples and one such treatment is known as Ayurveda.
Ayurveda highlights the importance of a healthy body of the woman even before conception. Dried asparagus is used in the preparation of Ayurveda and it contains proteins, carbohydrates, natural steroids, and polysaccaroids. Infertile couples can use its tonic that revitalizes their reproductive system. This herb has proven extremely useful in the treatment of male side fertility problems i.e. premature ejaculation, impotence, lower sperm count, or less motile sperms. Visiting a reputable infertility clinic (link to sablok clinic goes here) will help you a lot.
Ayurveda is highly effective for female fertility problems and its regular use prepares a woman’s body for conception. Reproductive strength of the couple actually depends on the fitness of reproductive tissues in both man and woman. The woman releases her ovum as a result of her menstrual cycle while a man releases his semen (containing sperms) when his reproductive system receives stimulation from the environment. The reproductive cycle needs energy that the body gets from the digestion of food intake. As a result, when a person eats healthy food, he is likely to acquire a stronger body and powerful reproductive sperms, hence resulting in the production of healthy babies.
Ayurveda fertility treatment assumes the fertility to be the result of the transformation of sperm and egg and if there is any hindrance in the way, the process doesn’t occur. This process will not initiate unless it is rejuvenated by ensuring the health and strength of both egg and sperm. Ayurveda experts suggest that there are certain foods that strengthen the reproductive system better than others. These foods include milk, pomegranate, almonds, pumpkin, honey, and sesame seeds. Ayurveda also suggests a detoxification program that involves simple eating and a regular oil massage. The treatment emphasizes eating khichdi on daily basis as it considers it to be the best healing food. Besides khichdi, the patient should take spice tea to clear toxins in his or her body. Daily massage of sesame oil also helps in conception as it dilates the skin of the patient.
Ayurveda treatment specialists also recommend that the environment and preparation of making love and having sex is also important. It is necessary to set a background that contains an aromatic and romantic ambiance over a soothing and relaxing couch or bed. This union is very important in that two forces are going to merge together to produce a new life. Peace of mind is necessary to achieve success in the process. For more details you can contact us at our helpline number.
Homeopathy is a field of medicine that uses natural resources to make a difference in the long-term and on a sustainable basis. Presently, it is used by over 200 million people. On the basis of this philosophy, a homeopath provides remedies which can suit best to the physical and psychological conditions of a patient. Homeopathic remedies are certainly not very high in dosage. Its main purpose is to recognize and discard the cause behind the condition.
Following are the 7 myths about homeopathy:
- Training: It is a major myth that homeopaths do not really undergo proper medical training. The truth is that all these doctors have to go through a four year long process of training via courses offered at accredited colleges and universities. Further, the course also includes modules on pathology, anatomy and other fields like materia medica and homeopathic philosophy. By the time the training is over, the doctor is like any other doctor in any other field. Further, with constant research and practice, the doctor can become even more of an expert within ten years.
- Remedies are prescribed by doctors with no formal training: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies are prescribed simply on the basis of the visible symptoms and no diagnosis is done. However, the fact is that these remedies are prescribed by qualified medical professionals graduated from homeopathy medical colleges. They diagnose your medical condition before prescribing you any remedy.
- Unscientific medicines: These medicines are usually termed as unscientific by cynics. The truth is that the metals and minerals contained in the medicines are tested and put under trial before they are released for consumption. The values are recorded on periodic tables. The substances also include ingredients like plants and snake's venom. Each medicine's symptoms and accidental allergies are recorded and put forth with a perspective on human nature. The books on homeopathy are written and recorded on the basis of the symptoms and allergic reactions. Also, many people believe that the medicines are simply water as they are diluted solutions. These medicines are diluted with a method called succussion, which makes a dose potent with the help of vigorous shaking. While higher potency drugs are given to those suffering from an emotional state of belief regarding an ailment, lower potency medication is prescribed for those suffering from severe cases.
- Strict dietary restriction is to be followed at the time of homeopathic treatment: Many people believe that they have to control on their eating habits while undergoing homeopathic treatment. Fact is that for some patients, ingredients like garlic, onion, alcohol, coffee, tobacco etc. are to be avoided during the tenure of treatment. This is simply because these ingredients interfere with the homeopathic treatment.
- Homeopathy can cure any disorder: Some people have a strong belief that homeopathic remedies can cure any disorder or any medical condition. Fact is that this remedy is completely ineffective in cases where there is ultimate need of manual intervention where medicinal action is not suggestive eg: fractures, appendicitis, large tumors, etc.
- No proof of efficiency: While it is a well known fact that homeopathy efficacy cannot be tested by standardised methods, due to the personalisation of the medication for each individual, it is also true that the efficacy has been proven with 180 controlled tests in the past 24 years and 118 random tests in the same time frame. It is important to know your facts before you decide to go with a certain field of medicine. With homeopathy, there will be a lot of focus on the human mind as well as the ailment for an inside out approach.
- Homeopathic remedies are not scientific: Many people consider homeopathic remedies to be unscientific. However, the basis behind homeopathy is pharmacological and clinical data. Vast studies and researches have been conducted on homeopathic remedies and treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I have been having unstable bleeding for 4 weeks now after I have undergone medical abortion. Now I have bloated uterus and fluctuation in body temperature time to time and day to day. I doubt my abortion is complete and if I need further medication.
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID) refers to the unexplained and sudden death of a seemingly hale and hearty baby. This condition tends to occur when the baby is asleep and that's why it's also known as crib death. Although the reason for the condition is still not known, many experts have attributed the cause of the condition to abnormal development in the parts of the baby's brain that oversees breathing and awakening from sleep. Nonetheless, there are ways that can prevent the problem from occurring and which are:
- Always place your baby on the back to sleep - Sleeping on the back is the safest position that your baby should be in, whenever he or she sleeps. You shouldn't let your child sleep on the sides as he or she can roll onto the stomach, and may hamper the breathing process. You can place your baby on the stomach when he or she is awake.
- Place your baby on a firm surface to sleep sans of any objects - It's best to place your baby on a firm mattress to sleep while avoiding thick and feather padding like a thick comforter. At the same time, objects like toys, stuffed animals or pillows should be removed from the crib as they may get in the way of your child's breathing by pressing on his or her face.
- Make sure your baby doesn't become very hot - For keeping your baby warm during sleep, it's best to opt for sleep clothing or blanket made of light material so that it doesn't make him or her feel very hot. If using a blanket, it should be placed loosely over the baby and one should also remember to not cover the baby's head during sleep.
- Use a pacifier - Research suggests that the use of the pacifier can reduce a baby's chance of dying from SIDS. This is because the pacifier helps in preventing the baby from rolling over onto his or her stomach during sleep. At the same time, it's also believed that the instrument helps in keeping the baby's tongue positioned in a manner that keeps his or her airways open.
- Breastfeed your baby - Breastfeeding your baby for a minimum of 6 months can help in preventing the occurrence of SIDS. Several studies have revealed this beneficial aspect of breastfeeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I want to increase my wife breast size and anal and vagina hole so that when I have sex with her so that she never sound. we stay in join family. So that no one can here the sound when we are having sex. Thank you.
Swine flu is the commonly used word for H1N1 influenza virus infection. It is a relatively newer strain of the influenza virus, and is so called because it was originally discovered in people who were in direct contact with pigs. This is not necessarily the case now. Also, one should note that despite the name, it does not spread by eating pork or bacon or ham.
It is very contagious and spreads from person to person very rapidly. Swine flu was big news in 2009 when it was declared a pandemic an is in news again as a number of people have succumb to death in 2017 because of it.
Mechanism of spread: When a person with flu sneezes or coughs, the virus is released into the air, and when another person breathes the virus, they get the disease. It could also be through surfaces like doors or restroom handles which were handled by the infected person. The symptoms take about 7 days to develop, and could be quicker and severe in people with weak immune system
Symptoms: Swine flu resembles the regular flu with generic symptoms including:
Testing: A swab test can be done but is not required in all people, except the below
- Extremely young or old people
- People with known weakened immunity
- People with debilitating medical conditions (chronic lung or liver disease, severe diabetes, nervous disorders, etc.)
- People in nursing or assisted living
- When swine flu is detected, one of the following medications is usually given – osteltavimir, peramivir, or zanamivir. The results are best when given in the first 48 hours.
- Antibiotics are not effective as it is a viral disease.
- Cold and fever medications are given for symptomatic relief
- Aspirin should be avoided
Prevention: When there is a high incidence of swine flu in your surroundings, do the following:
- If you are affected, stay indoors to avoid spreading the disease
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
- Contain coughs and sneezes with a kerchief or a tissue so that virus spread is limited
- Avoid touching the eyes, nose, and mouth with likely infected hands
- Keep elderly, pregnant, asthmatics, and young people away from the infected person. They have lower immunity and can contract the infection much faster
- If you are infected, limit your movement in the household and try to stay put in one place
- Caretaking preferably should be done by one person to limit exposure among all the members in the family. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.
I am 26 years old m having chest pain, back pain, vagina pain itching on vaginal area and on back. What should i do?
I have pcos since last 4 years which are cured many times in between and again problem started. Now I got marries in last year, I am unable to conceive. Can I conceive in pcos? What are the ways to conceive in pcos also. What should I do to cure pcos. I have followed many medicines /doctors but I think it is not curable disease. Kindly give me your suggestions.
I got my endometric cyst removal surgery in oct 2014 and I got the focille studies and injections last month for conceiving but it failed. Will I not conceive at all, what is the problem.
My treponema pallidum test results is 7.52. What does it indicate about the titre of the infection. I am 10 weeks pregnant, however had already started the penicillin dosage of 1.2 million units weekly, two such dose already taken after my vdrl test was found to b reactive.
Hi, my wife had ectopic pregnancy surgery and left fallopian tube ruptured and they removed thru laparoscopy surgery and she now only right fallopian tube and it is healthy. Is it possible to get natural pregnancy in future or can we take IUI procedure in future. Please suggest.
Hello Dr. I am married on 13 feb 2017 we are planing baby and we do sex frequently but still we are not getting any good news please help what to do.
Hello Dr, I have "pimple in my vagina" its my problem so what can I do please help me And give some medicine name.
Natural cures for irregular periods or delayed menstruation at home.
Irregular periods or delayed menstruation/ periods is a common problem faced by women. Irregular periods are also known as oligomenorrhea. The average menstrual cycle is for about 28 days. Though this no can increase or go down for some woman. Due to hormonal imbalance or certain other factor a women can face irregularity in periods or menstruation. This can be due to stress, certain medicines, strenuous exercising, poor diet, anemia, tuberculosis, irritable bowel syndrome, diabetes etc. For the normal menses and regularity of the periods, there are various home remedies that can cure the irregular periods at home.
Natural cures for irregular periods at home.
1. Bitter gourd for irregular periods
Bitter gourd or karela in hindi, is a good cure for the irregular periods condition. Daily consumption of a 2 teaspoonful of karela juice will promote the regularity in the periods and menstruation.
2. Ginger remedy for for irregular periods
Ginger is a multipurpose product which has so many health related benefits. Ginger juice is highly recommended as a good home remedy to treat the irregular periods. Take ginger juice, one teaspoonful three times in a day for at least a month and soon it will help for the regulation of the menstruation.
Another alternative to this can be taking a small piece of ginger and boil that in half cup of water. Drinking that water two times in a day after the breakfast and dinner will also show good results in curing irregular periods.
3. Cinnamon cure for irregular periods
In the health benefits of cinnamon, we mentioned that cinnamon is good for curing the irregular periods and the menstrual cramps that the women common face. Cinnamon has a warming effect which helps to reduce the menstruation cramps. It also helps with the irregular periods.
4. Carrot juice for delayed menstruation
Carrots are good for health. Carrot juice is high on beta carotenes which helps the formation of vitamin a. Carrot juice is rich in iron hence this is great cure for anaemia. Drinking carrot juice everyday helps boost natural immunity, overcoming anaemia, irregular periods and delayed menstruation.
5. Unripe papaya
You might have heard that unripe papaya should not be used during the pregnancy. This can lead to miscarriage. Papaya has a warm effect on the body. Moreover, it induces muscle contraction in the uterus. But this unripe papaya remedy is helpful in regulating the menses when one is facing irregularity in periods. Eating unripe papaya daily in some quantity will help treat the irregular periods naturally at home.
6. Turmeric for for irregular periods cure
Turmeric is antispasmodic which is why it is beneficial in cramps during menstruation. Similarly turmeric is also beneficial in the delayed periods especially for teenager girls. Turmeric can be taken along with milk is the regarded as the best indian treatment for irregular periods. Take a glad of warm milk and add half teaspoonful of turmeric powder in it. Drink this every day.
7. Sesame seeds and honey
Another effective natural cure for irregular periods is with sesame seeds. Sesame seeds help in the hormonal imbalance and lower the stress as well with nutrient richness. Take a teaspoonful of sesame seeds with one teaspoonful of honey daily. This treatment will treat oligomenorrhea within a month and will make the periods regular. [ clean and dry daily intimate powder ]
8. Fennel seeds for delayed menstruation
Most of us take fennel seeds as a mouth freshener after the meals but their function can be much more than that. They aid in the better digestion and absorption of food. Fennel seeds also prevent the irregular periods problem. They make the menstruation regular and reduce the cramps. Take one teaspoonful of fennel seeds every day. This will induce the regular menstruation.
Other cures and tips for irregular periods and delayed menstruation
Along with the remedies shared above there are certain things that you should keep in mind. These tips will help make body healthy and the periods become regular.
Fruits and vegetable:
Fruits and vegetable should be taken in decent portions. Fruit and vegetables are rich in vital vitamins minerals etc which helps in blood formation, prevents anaemia, helps to cure hormonal imbalance. Certain fruit enzymes also relive stress as well.
Intensive exercise can be a cause for the irregular periods or delayed menstruation. But a sedentary lifestyle is also a cause for the same. Try to exercise or do brisk walking for at least 15-20 minutes daily.
Please note that these remedies for irregular periods are to be used when you are not menstruating or are not pregnant. For any serious issues please consult a doctor.