Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Megha Kulkarni
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Megha KulkarniYour feedback matters!
Hello. I got married past 50 days back and my wife is pregnant now. She is having stomach pain and back pain because of her heat in her body. So can I have a sex with her once in 2 days.
Maine apni gf k sath sex kiya periods finish hone k 2 din baad January mei or 17 ko February mei date aani thi chaiye thi q ki January mei bhi 17 ko aai thi but ab tk date nhi aai to kya she is pregnant please tell me.
Menses. R tablets agr abortion tablets nhi hoti. Nd menses. R tablets ke baad ladki ko periods aa jaye to uske baad kya wo pregnant ho skti h. Uske her month periods aate he hai. Kya uske baad wo ladki pregnant ho skti h. Plzzz reply hindi.
The advent of Laparoscopy has given a new dimension to surgery. Gone are the days when one had to go through painful surgical procedures with many associated complications. Laparoscopic surgery is minimally invasive involving small incisions. There are negligible complications associated with a quick recovery. In the last few years, there has been a steady rise in people opting for Laparoscopic Urological Surgery. A person may undergo a laparoscopic urological surgery to treat problems of the genitor-urinary tract (which includes the kidneys, ureter, bladder, testes, and penis).
Mentioned below are some of the laparoscopic urological surgeries performed to treat a diseased condition.
- Laparoscopic Nephroureterectomy: This surgery is used to treat conditions of renal cancer (Transitional Cell Carcinoma affecting the kidney or the ureter). The surgery involves removal of the ureter (a tubular structure that passes the urine to the bladder from the kidneys). Though considered safe, in some cases, laparoscopic nephroureterectomy may result in blood loss and infection.
- Laparoscopic Simple or Radical Nephrectomy: It comes as a blessing for people dealing with different types of kidney problems such as renal cancer, serious injury to the kidney, renal calculus (kidney stones), polycystic kidney disease (the condition is an inherited problem characterized by the formation of cysts within the kidney), symptomatic hydronephrosis and chronic infection. A person may undergo a Laparoscopic Simple Nephrectomy (a laparoscopic surgery which involves removal of one of the kidneys) or a Laparoscopic Radical Nephrectomy (here, along with the kidney, the surgeon may also remove adjacent lymph nodes and adrenal glands) based on the severity of the kidney problem.
- Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty: This surgery is used to treat patients with an obstruction of ureteropelvic junction (UPJ). The ureteropelvic junction is the merger point where the kidney connects to the ureter. UPJ obstruction is often found to be a congenital problem (present from birth). Due to the UPJ obstruction, the urine stored in the kidneys fail to move out of the system. If left untreated, UPJ obstruction can even result in kidney failure. Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty involves clearing the obstruction at the ureteropelvic junction. The surgery, however, comes with certain risk factors. There may be blood loss along with infection at the incision site. In some cases, the surgery may even result in injury to the neighboring organs and tissues (rare).
- Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy: In the case of a renal tumor, the diseased part of the kidney is removed by a specialized surgical procedure medically termed as Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy. Here, only the affected area of the kidney is removed sparing the healthy part. Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy is done to prevent further aggravation and kidney failure.
- Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy - It is a surgical procedure used in the case of a localized prostate cancer (prostate cancer that has not metastasized beyond the prostate gland). Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy involves removal of the prostate gland along with some neighbouring tissues.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
After having yamini ls tablet for 24 days. There is a gap of 7 days. Can the menses take place on the sixth day or even on the seventh day?
Hammer toe is a condition where the toe of the patient becomes deformed. The appearance of the toe will bear a downward curl that will make it look abnormal. This condition can mostly be seen during the childhood itself and it usually is known to affect the second or third toe on the foot. Let us find out more about the symptoms, risk factors and treatment for this condition.
- Symptoms: The sheer discomfort of walking around with a hammer toe is one of the first symptoms of the condition. The permanent damage will be visible in the way the toe curls and becomes deformed. The formation of corn or calluses is also a common symptom of this condition, while some patients may also experience the growth of claw like toes. Most patients feel pain when they are walking or running even as inflexibility sets in, which makes it difficult to flex the foot or stretch and wiggle the toes properly.
- Risk Factors: While the most common causes of the hammer toe remain an injury or even arthritis, it may be seen that those with a family history and prolonged use of high and pointed heels may be at risk more than others. This deformity can happen at birth or may progress as age catches on, depending on the risk factors at play. Also, when the patient suffers from the growth of calluses, corns and bunions that go untreated for a long time, it may manifest into a hammer toe eventually. This happens because these growths can make the layer of the skin thick and lead to a perpetual formation in the area due to the constant friction that also causes pain and discomfort. People with a high foot arch are also at risk of developing a hammer toe.
- Treatment: The orthopaedic specialist is the best person who can help with the diagnosis and treatment of this condition. While the diagnosis consists of the conduct of an X-ray to find the cause and extent of the damage, the doctor may also conduct nerve function tests to find out if any nerves have been damaged for the condition to have taken place. Also, the specialist will try to find causes like ligament injuries and other such things that could have led to the condition. Accordingly, the treatment method will be put forth. A mild hammer toe can be treated by wearing more comfortable footwear with pads to treat corns and other growths. For a severe condition, surgery is the only way out.
Ensure that you report the smallest and most persistent changes to your doctor so that treatment can take place well in time.
Can you please give me a diet chart during the time of pregnancy. And please recommend me what to eat more for increasing my pregnancy level.
Main 5 months ki pregnant women Hun. Ye Mera first pregnancy hai. Mere RH factor hai mere husband Ka blood group O positive aur mera blood group A negative hai. Main bahut zyada thak jaati hun aur pareshan ho jati Hun. Specially subah jab main uthna chahti Hun to Mera sar bahut bhari lagta hai. Aur mujhe pair me aur kamar me zyada dard rahta hai. Main kya Karun. And one more thing can I have sex during this condition.
Causes of Nocturia:
2.Drinking too much fluid during the evening
3.Infection of the bladder or urinary tract
4.Enlarged prostate gland (BPH)
5. Diabetes mellitus
Treatment of Nocturia:
Treatment for nocturia is directed at the underlying cause. For example, improvement in blood sugars can help in uncontrolled diabetes. If an obstructing prostate gland is the cause, a medication or surgery to reduce the size of the prostate will help. The use of continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) in someone with sleep apnea can reduce associated nocturia. In a rare condition known as diabetes insipidus, use of a synthetic version of antidiuretic hormone (desmopressin) will help. If taking diuretic medication is responsible, the medication administration may need to be moved to earlier in the day to avoid having to void during the night.
When the underlying cause is not serious enough to warrant specific treatment, several lifestyle measures may help:
Limit fluid intake 3 hours prior to bedtime
Restrict consumption of coffee, caffeinated beverages, and alcohol in the evening.
Elevate legs in the evening to help prevent the development of lower extremity edema.
Wear compression stockings if venous disease is causing fluid accumulation.
Pre-emptive voiding prior to going to bed may delay the need to urinate during the night.