Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meenal Shah
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Meenal ShahYour feedback matters!
How much chances of pregnancy of during natural period. It means during natural period and after 4 day then how much possibility for pregnancy?
I love to eat oily foods lot. But taking oily foods lead to get belly fat and pimples. Is it true? But I can't give up eating oil foods. Suggest me remedy.
I am now 70 years old having snoring problem since many years. I sleep well but the sound is nuisance to others. Please suggest cure.
I had a cold around 3 months back post which my nasal passage started getting blocked while sleeping - I faced difficulty in breathing. Also observed blood while blowing my nose. I have seen two ent specialists since then - the medication prescribed by the first one helped for some time but then this started happening again. The second doctor asked to get an X-ray, results were fine. Then he did endoscopy and said some outer lining is swollen. Then he prescribed 2-3 more tests and also said I will need to get surgery because this might be a case of deviated septum. I did not go back after that. The problem has worsened now and I'm having a lot of difficulty breathing. Do I really need to get a surgery done for this or medicines would work? Looking for a reliable doctor.
De to exam I do not sleep whole night to do study But after exam my head is very paining I am try to sleep but I am not able to sleep please help me.
Sir I have suffered from stomach pain for the last one month during playing cricket in the evenings. So please suggest me sir.
Hi dr I am 32 year female.I Wanted to know what to do for insufficient sleep, unable to get proper sleep may be due to ghost fear, and cholesterol problem.Please suggest.
I am having hairfall for months. How to control it? Any special diet or medical suggestions to where I should visit?
When you travel in an airplane or just come out of the swimming pool, your ears may sometimes block up and even be painful. This is what is known ear barotrauma and is caused by pressure differences inside and outside the ear drum. Severe cases may cause damage to the ear and impede your hearing.
Symptoms of ear barotrauma: Ear barotrauma usually occurs when the Eustachian tube is blocked due to differences in air pressure. The Eustachian tube is a long narrow tube that runs from the middle of your ear to the pharynx or the back of the throat and is thus very important in relevance to the ear, nose and throat. Thus ear barotrauma can also translate to pain in the ear and throat as well.
Some of the symptoms are:
- Discomfort in the ear, or aggravated pain in extreme cases
- The ears being blocked or full, in severe cases may feel like being underwater
- Temporary hearing loss
- Nose bleeding in severe cases
- Health care providers may see an inward caving or outward bulging in the ear drum. In severe cases, the eardrum may look bruised as well.
- Some severe cases may even exhibit signs typical of an ear infection along with some of the other symptoms mentioned above.
Precautions and self treatment: There are certain steps you can take to either prevent barotrauma or reduce the symptoms, these are:
yawning or gulping. This is very helpful when air pressure differences are caused in cases of travelling by aircraft.
- Inhale slowly and then exhale while your mouth is closed and you are holding your nostrils closed by fingers. This will help increase the pressure within the tube to try and open it forcefully.
- Sucking on candy is another way to prevent barotraumas as you are constantly swallowing and keeping your Eustachian tube from being blocked in the first place.
- Keep a few chewing gums handy and has similar effects on your ears as it forces the Eustachian tube to remain open despite pressure differences.
- After diving or swimming, come out of the water slowly. Scuba divers and deep swimmers need to come up slowly to ensure that the Eustachian tube is given enough time to acclimatize and slowly come back to normal.
Usually, ear barotrauma goes away automatically after sometime and no medications are required. However, if symptoms still persist, it is best to go to a relevant doctor or a health care provider for pain relief and long term solutions.