Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meena SrikanthYour feedback matters!
Vitamin D and pregnancy go hand in hand. Expecting mothers need to ensure they get the recommended amounts of vitamin D during pregnancy for the healthy development of the baby as well as their own well-being.
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin obtained mostly from consuming fortified milk or juice, fish oils and dietary supplements. It also is produced in the skin by exposure to sunlight. Vitamin D, which is ingested or produced in the skin must undergo hydroxylation in the liver and kidney to promote absorption of calcium from the gut to enable normal bone mineralization and growth. Severe maternal vitamin D deficiency has been associated with congenital rickets and disordered skeletal homeostasis coupled with fractures in the newborn during pregnancy. Vitamin D is necessary for the metabolism and absorption of phosphorus and calcium. Many studies are finding a connection between low serum vitamin D levels and an increased risk of certain types of autoimmune disease, cancers, insulin resistance, neurological disease and cardiovascular disease.
Latest studies have shown that vitamin D deficiency is common during pregnancy especially among women residing in northern latitudes, living in cold climates or wear sun and winter protective clothing and ethnic minorities, especially those with darker skin. As the vitamin D level of newborn is largely dependent on maternal vitamin D status, the infants of mothers with vitamin D deficiency are also at risk of vitamin D deficiency. Inadequate level of vitamin D can lead to abnormal bone growth, fractures, or rickets in newborns. Deficiency of vitamin D leads to a higher risk of pregnancy complications like gestational diabetes, premature birth and low birth weight.
The symptoms of a vitamin D deficiency include aching muscles, bone pain, and softened bones leading to fractures. Fish liver oil, fatty fish, and eggs are excellent food source for Vitamin D. It is difficult to get sufficient vitamin D from food, which makes it necessary to have vitamin D supplements. Since the skin uses the sun's rays to produce vitamin D, limited sun exposure is recommended. Exposure to the sun's ultraviolet rays intensifies the pigment changes causing skin darkening in pregnant women. Thus, most doctors endorse that pregnant women protect themselves from the sun and get their vitamin D from supplements. The average prenatal vitamin contains 400 IU of vitamin D, which makes it imperative that additional supplements should be taken. The significant compounds for human development are D2 and D3. The best way to really ensure adequate vitamin D is through simple supplementation. Ergocalciferol is the vegetarian form of vitamin D, whereas cholecalciferol is the animal-sourced form, derived from fish liver oil or lanolin from sheep. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Im pregnant and itz 28 days now. Suggest me some natural ways for abortion ,without consulting a doctor. Im in a critical situation I need a useful answer plzzz.
Today morning I had sex with my gf. She was a virgin. But what we noticed after sex was huge blood coming out of her vagina. Is it normal or I have to worry about it. Its around 150 ml blood n was continuing flowing. Mam/sir please do answer as soon as possible.
We had oral sex. We forgot to put protection. But I did not came inside vagina. But while landing my sperm, I took out my dick. Just 1 small drop land on outer part of vagina. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
I have spotting one week before period due date and had pregnancy symptoms but today I got my period. What does it mean?
Yellowish white, thick, clumpy, slime like consistency dicharge from my vagina that smells awful. Is it any kind of yeast infection? i'm 20 years old.
A couple of Months earlier I gave my boyfriend a blowjob and swallowed. Then we Kissed and he went down. We did not have any penetration from any side but I still had an i-pill to be at the safer side. After having an i-pill my periods was disturbed. I got my periods but the flow was less and it got over soon too. Then after a week I got my periods again but it was still less flow. My boyfriend and I had it again and I had an i-pill. Now this month I have not gotten my periods since my periods start mid month. I don't have any headache or back ache. My sleeping hours have been irregular because of my studies and examinations. I have also been stressed out but have taken no pills. Am I pregnant?
I have sex with my boyfriend 15 days ago and now I am pregnant can you tell me any medical to lose the pregnancy because I am unmarried. Please help me.
Hi Actually I got my last periods on 6-11 april On 12 nd 13 I had an unprotected sex As ovulation takes 12to 14 days so at tht time I did not take a pill Again on 4th may a I had an unprotected sex And this month I skipped my periods On test I found positive results I do not want to b pregnant How can I abort Please help.
Is Johnson's baby products is good for my baby And can I give her cerelac. She is depend on breastfeeding.
1) EPSOM salt---
Warm water bath of epsom salt, which is rich in magnesium, is a good pain reliever. This is very helpful for arthritis patients and also relieves leg pain.
Good balance of work and rest is very necessary. Take enough rest as it relieves leg pain.
2) rubbing lobelia paste also provides relief in leg pain. This is one of the best home remedies for leg pains.
3) vinegar is also great for relieving leg pain, controlling weight, chest burns, injuries of joints, and bad breath.
A cloth pad thoroughly wet in vinegar solution when applied firmly to joints, foot or other part of leg relieves leg pain and discomfort.
4) eating hard shell nuts also relief leg pain.
5) gently massage you leg using hot pads as it provide physical relief to leg pain.
Massaging with oils like mustard oil, coconut oil gives fast relief from severe leg pain.
Regular warm oil massage in downward direction relieves leg pains. Stretch your leg gently and massage the strained muscles using warm oil, it gives relief from pain in joints, knees, leg palm, calf muscles, and hips.
6) you can also take one tablespoon methi, which is a very effective vegetable and helps in curing various diseases. Dry methi leaves under sun for 4-5 days. Mix it in a glass of water. Take this mixture in early morning.
7) warm water bath relaxes overall body and mind, so whenever you feel tiredness and pain in leg, go for warm water bath, this will unstrain the tired muscles.
Avoid taking alcohol, excess sugar, smoking, and chewing tobacco.
My wife is 20 year old we got married one year back while we have sex she does not any feeling what would be the problem.
Mai aapse Hindi mai question krna chahta hu. Meri shadi ko kuch month hue hain. Now I want a baby from my wife. But problem is I mustarbate from last 10/year's now. Muje Jo semen aata hai wo thora patla hai. Hai white b but thora patla hai iss se mai wife ko pregnant kr skta hu. Aur intercourse KB KB krna hai muje kya time hai after period. please suggest me in detail.
PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome is a disorder, which causes cysts or fluid filled growths, which may grow on the ovaries and cause havoc with a woman's hormones and sexual health. Not only does this condition play with your health, but it also causes extreme pain on your abdomen which may increase during the periods. Homeopathy has many cures for various types of PCOS in the form of various medications.
- Natrum Mur: PCOS may manifest differently in different women. One of the most commonly reported symptoms of PCOS is of irregular and suppressed periods. Natrum Mur is an effective remedy for this condition. Women who are trying to conceive may also benefit if their efforts to do so have failed.
- Pulsatilla: This is an effective medication in case PCOS has affected your menstrual periods in such a way that you have very scanty periods. Your periods may come after long gaps and may be very painful. Some symptoms, which the patient might exhibit would be a lack of thirst and a desire to be in open air all the time.
- Sepia: This is the most prescribed medication among the other homeopathic remedies for PCOS as it is known to have multiple benefits. Not only does it correct irregular and short periods, it is also effective in reducing the inflammation of the ovaries caused by the presence of the cysts. Cases where sepia is administered may show symptoms of mental irritability and being sensitive to cold air.
- Calcarea Carb: Some women may get periods, which are quite profuse and may be longer in terms of duration. It may make you prone to gaining weight as well. Calcarea carb is a very effective medication, which can effectively control these symptoms. Calcarea carb will be prescribed to you if you have a craving for boiled eggs and have heavy sweating (know more about Sweating problem) on the head as external symptoms.
- Thuja Occidentalis: This medicine is usually prescribed to women if they have multiple cysts within the left ovary. These cysts may not cause much inflammation, but will be quite painful. It is also prescribed in cases where a woman may get male pattern hair growth on the body. Thuja is very effective is dissolving cysts and thus can quickly correct hormonal imbalances caused by these. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.