Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Am 42 year old female with bipolar disorder and under going treatment for that. As of now my craving for sweet has increased tremendously and eating disorder also can be noticed. My body weight has always been towards the heavier side but recently it has increased and irregular periods also have started. What can the doctor suggest?
What can be maximum endometrium thickness just prior to menses date? My last menses were on 10th June. On 28th june, I had USG done, which showed 11 mm endometrium thickness. And today that is 6th July, it's 28 mm. My gynaecologist said that it's premenstrual. But still I am worried. I would like a second opinion. I am 24 years old and unmarried.
2) keeping the skin soft and moist is helpful. Apply moisturizers after bathing.
3) do not use irritating cosmetics or soaps.
4) avoid scratching that can cause bleeding or excessive irritation.
5) soaking in bathwater with oil added and using moisturizers may help
6) bath soaks with coal tar or other agents remove scales
7) hydrocortisone based cream can reduce the itching of mild psoriasis.
8) some people use an ultraviolet b (uv-b) light unit at home under a doctor's supervision.
Hi Doctor, Please tell me what tests can be done before marriage to identify if any sexually transmitted diseases are present.
Hi sir I am 36 year old and I have a girlfriend she is 18 we both love each other and we are going to get married so I just wanted to no that is there somthing that will harm our married life, like having a age different and like child problem. To be very frank with you I really dont believe in all that because there are people at the age of 50 to 60 having a child. But then also I want to no that. It can really help me a lot. Thank you sir.
Haviing pcos for more than 7 years got married no baby for 2 years what kind of treatment to overcome this problem?
I am a 19 year old female. I had sex and about less than 48 hours after sex the guy told me that he had come inside me. I immediately took an Ipill. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
My wife is 31 years old n 15 weeks 3 days pregnant. Recently we did ultrasound and it was found that her" placenta is anteriorly placed with lower pole abutting the internal os. Kindly advice do'd & dont's.
Request you to advise on the blood test required to detect polycystic ovary syndrome and recommend treatment for the same.
Pruritus Vulvae is the most common cause of vulvar soreness and abnormal discharge in adolescent girls. The growing years are a transition phase where most body parts are undergoing changes to reach the adult stage. While some changes would be obvious externally, there are a lot of internal changes, which would not be very apparent. And for growing girls, especially the changes that they see in their private parts are worrisome, sometimes unpleasant and uncomfortable. About 50% of them would not even discuss these with someone to avoid embarrassment.
Some amount of vaginal discharge is normal and contains bacteria, which are essential for a normal genital health. It also provides lubrication and keeps the area clean. However, the amount, color, and type of discharge can vary and is a good indication of any underlying abnormal condition. Most genital tract issues manifest with a change in the vaginal discharge along with irritation or soreness.
In adolescent girls, the most common problem is pruritus vulvae, which is itching of the vulva region. It is a variant of contact dermatitis caused by irritation. In the growing years, the vulva is thin and delicate with a neutral pH. This makes it easily irritable, unlike in mature women, who also have the protection of pubic hair, thick skin, and labial fat pads. This irritation leads to the condition called pruritus vulvae.
Causes of soreness:
These are primarily non-infectious and infectious (genital).
- Poor hygiene leading to irritation, soreness and itching
- Contamination with urine or feces
- Mechanical irritation from itching, use of toilet paper, ill-fitting undergarments.
- Chemical irritation from soaps, detergents, shampoo, chlorinated water, etc.
- Foreign body such as toilet paper leading to vaginal discharge can cause vulval irritation
- Skin diseases like atopic dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, or psoriasis presents with vulvar symptoms too in the form of soreness and itching
- Sexually transmitted infections like trichomoniasis, gonorrhea and chlamydia.
- Viral infections like genital herpes and genital warts.
- Fungal infections such as Candida such as and tinea are rarely the cause of pruritus vulvae in prepubertal females.
- Worms like pinworms which move from the anus to the vagina, causing itching
- Bacteria like Shigella, Yersinia and E. coli can also lead to non-sexually transmitted infections and subsequent symptoms like soreness and discharge.
- Awareness is the first step in prevention. The girl must be educated about the changes her body is going through and the reasons behind it.
- Hygiene habits, especially after urination or passing feces, should be enforced.
- Avoid undergarments that are tight fitting and can be irritating
- Avoid soaps/chemicals when cleaning the genital area
- Topical creams (emollients/hydrocortisone) are usually effective
- Infections would need a course of antibiotics
When the girl is complaining of soreness and itching, it is best to visit a doctor to get a thorough examination and manage accordingly.