Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Mangesh DakeYour feedback matters!
I am a football player, but from few days I feel weakness after play a pain in my below knee area what should I do what should be my diet ?
I am 25 year old male weight 75 kg hight 5.6 and having backpain from last. 6months but when I am walking the pain is coming and my knees also paining when I am laying on bed there is no problem at all so please solve my problem.
Hi I am 29 year old male and survicing with back problem and havig pain very badly on my back. And also having some paid on my chest too. Need some help. What should I do?
Hello sir I am getting backpain onthe right side while walking and sitting please tell me a remedy for that.
Before. 15 days I was suffering from dengue, platelets was ok. But now I am facing joints pain. Suggest me medicine. People saying it can become ghatiya baav it is true my age is 54.
Treating RA With Biologics
Eat to Move
Though diet doesn't cure RA, the same healthy eating habits that are good for the rest of you are also good for your joints. That includes whole grains, vegetables, fruit, fish, and other types of lean protein. Some foods may help with joint swelling, such as fish oils, nuts, and tea. Limit sugar, saturated fat, and cholesterol, and any foods that seem to aggravate your joints.
Exercise helps keep your joints moving and strengthens the muscles around them. If you're overweight, exercise can also help you lose pounds, which will ease the stress on your joints. Include aerobic or cardio exercise, strength training, and flexibility movements. A physical therapist or a trainer with experience in RA can help you get started safely.
Rest When You Need To
Though you need to be active, make time for rest, too. RA can make you feel especially tired. Don’t try to do more than you can handle. Take breaks whenever you need them. Get at least 8 hours of sleep at night, plus an extra nap during the day if you feel drained.
Try Physical Therapy
Physical therapy can make your life easier. A physical therapist can teach you exercises to help you get stronger and move better, without hurting yourself. If getting around or doing simple tasks is hard, ask your therapist about tools and devices that can help.
If You Smoke, Quit
Smoking makes your RA symptoms worse and your treatments less effective. If you've tried to quit before, keep trying! And while an occasional drink may be OK for some people, check with your doctor, since alcohol can interact with RA drugs and damage your liver.
Give Your Doctor Feedback
You and your doctor are a team. It helps them to know how you're really doing, so be open. If you're noticing side effects or not getting the results you hope for, or if you're not able to take your medicine for some other reason, tell your doctor. Don't stop taking medicine or change the dose unless you've checked with your doctor first.
I have pain in my mind back side some times doctors says it because your eyes is week but when I was check up my eyes doctors set your eyes very rer.
Hi, I am working in IT sector most of the time I used to sit at my seat working in computers. Due to this and wrong sitting position I get back pain sometimes it get to worst. I need physio therapy or treatment?
There is very high pain in my both legs knee. My age 80 years. May I take paracetamol 325 mg and Tramadol 37 mg as pain killers life long.
Fibromyalgia is a disorder that causes widespread body pain along with sleep deficits, memory loss, mood problems and fatigue. Symptoms may be triggered after a surgery, physical trauma, infection, or stress. Women are much more vulnerable to this disease than men. Many people affected with fibromyalgia may have suffered from headaches, backaches, depression, anxiety, tension, temporomandibular joint
disorders and irritable bowel syndrome. Most of these patients have undergone multiple consultation with various doctors and undergone many tests, but no diagnosis could be made. These patients are often ignored by doctors and family members as always "complaining of pain".
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
- Extensive Pain: Pain related to fibromyalgia is often depicted as a dull pain that lasts for at least three months. Pain can involve any body part like back,neck, chest, arms, legs. Patients have pain in multiple areas of body and painful areas change over time.
- Fatigue: Patients afflicted with this disorder feel tired even after sleep. Such people are reported to sleep for longer hours than normal people, but their sleep often gets disrupted due to sleep apnoea and restless leg syndrome.
- Cognitive Difficulties: These patients find it difficult to concentrate at work and also suffer from memory deficits in daily activities.
- Other Symptoms: These patients may also have symptoms like burning urination, urgency of urination, numbness,loss of appetite, tingling sensation,diarrhoea, constipation, tinnitus, depression etc
Diagnosis of fibromyalgia:
There are no specific test to diagnose fibromyalgia. Diagnosis is made by a doctor specialised in Pain Medicine using clinical methods based on symptoms and examination. Blood tests like Haemogram, Thyroid function test, RA Factor, ESR are done to rule out other diseases which can cause similar symptoms.
Treatment of Fibromyalgia:
- First step in treating these patients is to accept their problem and discuss with patient and family members regarding the presence of such disease entity.
- Lifestyle changes like active involvement in cardiovascular exercises, swimming, yoga, meditation are important to control symptoms.
- Conventional painkillers do not work in these patients. They requires special medications prescribed by a Pain Specialist for control of symptoms.
- Counselling of patient is beneficial for associated depression.