Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh MaheshwariYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from lower back pain from last 1.5 years. I got injured in the gym while lifting heavy weights inappropriate manner. Pain is consistent but very less! in MRI reports shows that their is a Diffuse Posterior bulging L5-S1 disc. Plz help me with this am very uncomfortable with this pain! i cant go for sports m a sportsman.
I am 22 years old and boy I have backache for last two months. What should I do? And same with my father. He is also facing same problem?
I am suffering from severe back pain do to continuous study. What can I do for this? How can I get relief?
She have spondylitis, low sugar, thyroid and uric acid she have all her medicine every day but suffering from finger pain for long time consult many doctor but not cure.
Since 3-4 days I have neck and lower head pain. It aches badly. Firstly, I thought may be due to some posture it might be happening. But found out its not due to it. And since yesterday I am having mild fever which is either exact 99 or 99. something. Please tell me is it a signal for any disease?
I am having persistent heel pain in right leg which gets acute in morning or after prolonged inactivity. Pls help.
90yr/female had backache 3months MRI showing collapse vertebrae at D9. Pt is on Vit D3 60k weekly. And losar50 Wht management is advisable.
Hi I'm32 years male Experiencing backache since few months Tried many medication but not getting relief What should I do?
My father is paralyzed patient and he become very weak and weight loss and he can't talk properly and sit for More than 10 minutes and he has loose motions. Please tell what should we do? And we give food like curd rice, bread, idli when he has loose motions only and no diet.
Sir I have severe neck and shoulders pain (left) pain till 1 month. I consult orthopaedic doctor he suggested me the medicine Aceclofenac, calcium tablets. I have take it but there was no improvement till now. What can I do please suggest me.
Dis is Nithin. My father is an diabetic patient. As he suffered with foot cellulitis last year & infection level increased. In order to decrease infection level he had undergone skingrafting surgery. It was normal fr few months & again it started swelling in the near foot grafted region. May I know the best treatment for it at present situation.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a painful disorder of the hand caused by pressure on your median nerve as it runs through the carpal tunnel of the wrist. Symptoms include numbness, pins and needles, and pain (particularly at night). Anything that causes swelling inside the wrist can cause carpal tunnel syndrome, including repetitive hand movements, pregnancy and arthritis.
Cause of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome symptoms begin when the pressure inside the tunnel becomes too high. This results in your median nerve becoming compressed as it passes through the small tunnel.
The carpal tunnel pressure increase occurs when either of two things happens:
- The tunnel space decreases, such as when the wrist swells eg after a traumatic injury, partial subluxation of the carpal bones or fracture or tenosynovitis.
- When the contents of the tunnel (median nerve, blood vessels and tendons) enlarge.
- Both of these situations increase the pressure on the nerve, leading to the carpal tunnel symptoms.
Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) sufferers will usually experience the following symptoms in their hand or fingers:
- hand pain or aching
- pins and needles
- numbness esp at night of with wrist flexing
- weakness or cramping
- perceived swelling
The symptoms are usually worse at night and your grip will weaken as the condition progresses. Eventually you will notice muscle atrophy of the thenar (thumb) muscles and loss of hand function or clumsiness. If this sounds like you, suspect carpal tunnel syndrome.
Physical Therapy Treatment
- Gliding Exercises: Moving your fingers in a specified pattern of exercises may help your tendons and nerves glide more smoothly through your carpal tunnel. While there’s some evidence that gliding exercises can help relieve symptoms when used alone, these exercises appear to work better in combination with other treatments -such as splinting.
- Graston Technique/Manual Therapy: The Graston Technique incorporates a patented form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively detect and treat scar tissue and restrictions that effect normal function. Manual therapy techniques such as myofascial release or Active Release Technique are hands-on techniques that release tight tendons and musculature.
- Ultrasound: Deep, pulsed ultrasound directed at the carpal tunnel can reduce pain and numbness, and improve hand strength. Continuous superficial ultrasound doesn’t help.
- Traction: Some people obtain relief from carpal tunnel symptoms by using a hand traction device, called C-Trac. You might try this device, which can be purchased for home use, if other conservative treatment options have failed.
- Splints: Splints (braces) are the most commonly used nonsurgical treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome. Splints that immobilize the wrist in a neutral (unbent) position are most likely to relieve discomfort. An unbent wrist maximizes the size of the carpal tunnel, which reduces pressure on the median nerve, relieving your symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.