Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Laxmichaya Nikale
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Laxmichaya NikaleYour feedback matters!
My wife is experiencing severe pain in her lover abdomen during the periods, what is the reason and how can she over come this...
Hi I am 29 weeks pregnant. I had my sonography yesterday when my doc said that there is a cervical widening of 3 to 4 mm diameter and I need to take bed rest during coming six weeks. I am a working woman and my job is very necessary for my family as my husband has faced some losses in his business. My job is the only oxygen for my family. Doctor has also suggested to take cervical stitches. So can I continue with my job after the stitches? Is 3 to 4 mm widening a very serious concern? Which option is better for baby? Bedrest or stitches? Also note that my job provides 90 days leave but only at the time of delivery, not this early. My EDD is 8th March as per yesterday's sonography.
How Fat Grafting procedure is beneficial?
I have irregular periods. From my 7th standard I had heavy bleeding that to for 15 days it continued till my diploma I used to have blood clot in periods. I took medication and got cure of that. I used to get periods for every 3-4 months. Later again I took medication to make my cycle 5 days long. Now I have issue of no periods for 6-7 months. Wt should I do. I have went for scanning I have been diagnosed with pcos in right ovary. I GT married on 29 April 2017. I had my last period on 8th may that too after taking regestrone tablet. And I saw very low bleeding those 5 days not even single pad got full in those 5 days. It's only half or quater pad has been filled. Now it's 15 June no periods till now. I'm scared.
Some of the most interesting health benefits of linden include its ability to improve the immune system, prevent certain forms of cancer, calm and detoxify the body, eliminate anxiety, lower inflammation, and lower blood pressure.
What is linden?
Tilia is the name of the genus that contains varieties of trees named linden, whose flowers, leaves, and extracts have been used for medicinal and decorative purposes for many years. The tilia genus members are often also called lime or basswood, and the different types of linden have slightly different components and effects. Tilia cordata is the strongest type of tree, in terms of its medicinal effects, and is commonly known as little-leaf linden. This wide variety can be found throughout europe and into western asia and is 60-80 feet in height. Linden flowers are the most commonly used part of these trees, primarily because of the potency of linden flower tea, which is known to be very powerful as a treatment for a wide variety of conditions.
The flowers are yellow and once they are dried, they can be brewed as a delicious and potent tea, which is growing in popularity around the world as more research is being done. The health benefits of linden and linden tea are largely due to the high concentrationof phytonutrients, flavonoids, and other diaphoretic substances. This unique mix of organic compounds has resulted in one of the most trusted and reliable herbal tea varieties on the market.￼
Health benefits of linden
Let’s take a slightly closer look at the many health benefits of linden.
1. Relieves anxiety
One of the most frequent uses for linden tea is as an anxiety aid, as its soothing properties have been known to reduce mental stress and anxiety. If you suffer from mood swings or unexplained chronic stress, a cup of linden tea can be a very wise addition to your health regimen. It has a minor effect on your hormone levels, inducing a state of relaxation for the body and mind.
2. Prevents chronic diseases
As with so many herbal remedies, the antioxidant content of linden is one of the best qualities this plant has. Antioxidant compounds like quercetin and kaempferol both act as free radical scavengers, eliminating these harmful byproducts of cellular respiration from your system and improving your overall health by preventing chronic disease. These are particularly effective for protecting the skin against signs of aging and exposure to the sun as you age.
3. Detoxifies the body
P-coumaric acid is another very beneficial organic compounds found in linden that can be accessed in linden tea. This is known as a diaphoretic, which means that it induces sweating, which is a very effective way of releasing toxins from the body, along with excess salts, fat, water, and foreign substances. This quality also makes linden valuable for people suffering from fevers, as inducing sweating can help lower a fever faster and prevent permanent damage to organ systems.
4. Reduces cold and flu
In addition to stimulating sweating to break a fever, linden also contributes to other symptoms of cold and flu, such as inflamed or swollen membranes throughout the mouth and respiratory tracts. This can help to reduce coughing and irritation, which is why linden is often relied on, to soothe sore throats and calm coughing. Linden tea can also help to eliminate congestion, making it a true triple-threat to colds, and represents a major immune system booster.
5. Removes inflammation
For those who suffer from tension headaches and other inflammatory conditions, including arthritis and gout, linden tea can help eliminate those painful symptoms. Just as it reduces the inflammation in the respiratory tracts, it also helps to lower blood pressure and remove inflammation in the blood vessels, thereby preventing the small capillary back-ups that so commonly lead to headaches, as well as the swollen tissue of arthritis sufferers.
￼6. prevents cancer
With its impressive arsenal of antioxidants, linden is a definite contender for preventing and treating various forms of cancer. Those antioxidant compounds, like quercetin and coumarin, prevent free radicals from causing apoptosis or mutation in healthy cells, which often lead to cancer.
7. Improves digestion
If you’re suffering from an upset stomach, bloating, constipation, or cramping, sip on a cup of linden tea and settle your stomach in no time. The blend of compounds and chemicals found in linden can reduce gastrointestinal discomfort and stimulate the proper digestion and excretion of food.
8. A final word of warning
There are some people who are allergic to these flowers, so speak to your doctor before adding linden tea to your favorite beverages list. Also, there is a maximum dosage, so avoid drinking more than 3 cups per day. Furthermore, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, it usually isn’t a good idea to drink linden tea, or if you have heart disease, as this flower can negatively interact with certain medicines.
What is anemia during pregnancy?
Anemia is a condition that can affect anyone and is defined as a deficiency in iron, an essential mineral in our body. Anemia during pregnancy is a common affliction of pregnant women, due to many physical and hormonal changes that occur during pregnancy.
Any deficiency in nutrients can be fatal and leaves your body without the key resources it needs, but this can be a dangerous concern during pregnancy. Iron is an essential mineral in the production of red blood cells and hemoglobin, which is necessary to carry oxygen and other nutrients to different areas of the body. Expecting mothers contribute a large amount of their nutrient intake to their growing fetus ;which makes it even more important for them to ensure that their nutrient levels are adequate.
Unlike traditional anemia, which can affect anyone during pregnancy, it is risky, especially during the first and the third trimester.
During third trimester
In the third trimester, the final three months of a pregnancy term, there is a particular risk of anemia. Even if you aren’t anemic at the start of your pregnancy, the chances of being anemic get high by the end of your term. Approximately 15-20% of women experience anemia during pregnancy. Having anemia during the third trimester can increase the risk of a pre-term baby or a low birth weight of the baby.
Having anemia during your late pregnancy term will also increase the risk of fetal anemia, which is rare, but extremely dangerous, and can even lead to heart failure or death of the fetus.
- The causes of anemia during pregnancy include loss of blood, natural fetal development, poor diet and pre-existing chronic disease.
- Loss of blood: if you suffer from heavy menstruation or have a bleeding disorder, you are at a much higher risk of anemia during pregnancy. This basic loss of blood will require the body to produce more hemoglobin and red blood cells, putting a strain on your iron reserves.
- Fetal development: as the fetus grows within the womb, it will require its own supply of blood, independent of the mother. This is a large sink for iron intake, and is the primary reason for anemia during pregnancy, albeit an unavoidable one.
- Unique pregnancy: for women who have recently had a pregnancy, or if you are carrying multiples (twins, triplets etc.), the risk of anemia during pregnancy is considerably high.
- Poor diet: the main source of iron in your body comes from dietary choices. A diet that is low in protein or high in sugars and fats can unbalance your nutrient levels, leading to anemia.
- Chronic disease: certain chronic diseases, such as cancer, diabetes, crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and other inflammatory conditions can decrease your body’s ability to produce hemoglobin, leading to anemia.
Contrary to popular belief, anemia is not exclusively caused by a deficiency in iron. While a lack of iron causes 80-95% of anemia cases, deficiencies in other essential compounds can also result in anemic symptoms.
1. Iron-deficiency anemia
This is the most common form of anemia caused by a lack of iron in the body. It limits your body’s ability to produce hemoglobin and deliver oxygen to the necessary organ systems and tissues.
2. Folate-deficiency anemia
Folic acid is a part of the b family of vitamins and is closely linked to metabolic processes and the risk of neural tube defects in a fetus. While rarer than iron-deficiency anemia, it still requires specialized treatment to bring folate concentration back to a healthy level.
3. Vitamin b12 deficiency anemia
Pernicious anemia is a rare form of anemia in which your body attacks the cells in the stomach that are required to absorb vitamin b12. Without this essential vitamin, similar to a lack of iron, your body is unable to produce red blood cells.
Exhaustion is one of the first and most notable symptoms of anemia, making you feel physically sluggish and cognitively slow.
2. Muscle weakness:
Without proper oxygenation, muscles are unable to function properly, leading to muscle aches, soreness, and general weakness.
Preeclampsia, high blood pressure duringpregnancy, can be a very serious symptom of anemia during pregnancy, and will often require additional treatment to keep under control.
The physical exhaustion caused by anemia and the lack of oxygen to organ systems can make normal respiration a struggle. This can also cause dizziness in some pregnancies.
5. Irregular heartbeat:
Tachycardia is a potentially life-threatening symptom of anemia during pregnancy, in which your heart “skips” beats. This can lead to more complicated cardiovascular issues during pregnancy.
If you suspect that you are experiencing anemia during pregnancy, a visit to the doctor is highly recommended. They can perform a simple blood test to determine your levels of hemoglobin. This is the most reliable and rapid means of determining whether you are experiencing anemia during pregnancy.
Given, how common it is for women to experience anemia during pregnancy, there are a number of formal treatments, as well as home remedies and natural therapies that can prevent or effectively treat this condition.
1. Iron supplements
This is the easiest and most common recommendation for addressing anemia during pregnancy. Though iron supplements may increase the concentration of iron in the body, the greater issue may be an inability to absorb iron, which can be mitigated by vitamin c intake.
2. Prenatal vitamins
Considered a preventative measure, more than a treatment option, prenatal vitamins can ensure that your iron levels remain adequate throughout pregnancy.
3. Iron-rich diet
Your dietary choices will have the largest impact on the amount of iron in your body. Within the boundaries of your pregnancy diet, add foods like spinach, red meat, legumes, high-starch foods and dried fruit.
4. Vitamin c intake
Ascorbic acid is critical to iron absorption in the gut. By ensuring that you have proper levels of vitamin c, you can effectively avoid anemia during pregnancy. Include foods like citrus fruits, leafy green vegetables and bell peppers in your diet for better results.
My sister's period is too late this time. Last period date was 18th June n in July didn't come, it didn't happened any time earlier, its first time. N now so much pimples are coming on her body, could you suggest the medicines.
Hello, I'm writing this on behalf of my girlfriend. She underwent laparoscopy in both her ovaries to remove the cyst. And the condition of her left ovary was very critical so a part of the ovary had to be operated. The operation took place in December 3rd. And after that she was under medication. A week ago she underwent an usg and the result showed that there is no sign of pcos but peripheral cysts have been found. What does this mean?
Mam meri prengcy ka 8 months laga hai aur mere white pani aa raha h iska Kya karan h please tell me.
As we all here since our childhood about the statement that, “Health is wealth”. It has very literal meaning that good health is more than important to the money. There are nothing have been blessed to us to be stable all through the life except a good health. People who do not have good health are very poor even if they have lots of money. They cannot buy a good health however can maintain a good health using their money. People should follow healthy life style in order to get good health. People who are not involved in the healthy life style may suffer a range of health disorders like overweight, high blood pressure, obese, heart
diseases, obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol, kidney problems, liver disorders and so many.
Money matters however, not as important as health. Spending lots of money on five star hotels or other entertainment sources for a day but living a bad daily routine is not good. Being physically and mentally healthy helps a person to be socially and financially healthy too. Here are some tips which can help a person to be healthy and happy:
- People should avoid unhealthy foods having high calories.
- Everyone should eat their breakfast at right time.
- Maintaining balanced diet is very necessary task in order to get healthy.
- Daily physical exercises, yoga and meditation are also important part of healthy life.
- Any bad habit such as smoking, drinking alcohol, bad life style, etc should be avoided.
- People should follow less salt and sugar as well as more water intake strategy to be healthy.
Hi, i had sex with my hubby on sat night and yesterday night I ate unwanted 72 .so when my periods will come can you help me.
I had intercourse using protection on Aug 2 and Aug 8 th. On Aug 2nd once or twice he came inside me without condom for 30 sec not more dan dat but he din ejaculate inside me and on 8th Aug we did using protection but at d end we noticed sperms wer spilled out. Soo within 2 hours I took emergency pill on 8th. Den I got my periods on same month 22aug .I've very normal cycle my normal date was 24th. I got my periods on 22nd Aug and again I got my periods on September 22nd bleeding was as usual for 6-7 days wid stomach cramping like Normal. Soo for two months my periods on time and normal but in dis month my periods s missing I've some kind of light white discharge wen its dried it looks light greenish since 10 days im having dis. Which I neva had it before from two days I've slight stomach ache and back ache. Periods is missing. After Aug 8th I Neva had any intercourse. Wat is dis doctor. I'm very tensed. I feel my lower abdomen is kind of bulged forward. I donno may b it's cos of stress I'm feeling like dis. Is it pregnancy is possible after getting two normal cycles? Till now everything was normal y now? Is it cos of d pill I've taken or I'm I pregnant? Pls help.
I had sex with my fiancee. And both of us are ready for anal sex. But when we tried. She was suffering from lot of pain from a bit intercourse. Advice me any medicine or any injection that would reduce pain during intercourse?
After unsafe sex means without condom and take unwanted 72 within 1 hr then please tell me this tab is effective or not?
When the immune system of the body reacts against the tissues of its own body, it is called an autoimmune disorder. To put it more dramatically, the body becomes its own enemy. The immune system of your body keeps fighting disease causing germs and bacteria, but in rare cases, the immune system might malfunction and fight its own body causing different disorders. These disorders may be caused due to genetic issues or due to mutations. According to ayurveda, autoimmune disorders are a result of constant unhealthy lifestyle and diet. Ayurveda works at the root cause of the disease where it starts treating the malfunctioning immune system.
Here is how ayurveda treats autoimmune disorders:
- Toxin removal: Ayurveda starts working on removing the toxins from the body. According to ayurveda, toxins or ama in the body interfere with the proper functioning of the immune system, which often leads to autoimmune diseases. Usually shunthi, haritaki, pippali, maricha, hingu and saindhav lavan are used to detoxify the body.
- Metabolism correction: Not only will ayurveda detoxify the body, but it will also correct the metabolism which gets messed up when afflicted with an autoimmune disorder. Neem, guggulu, guduchi, vasa, patola patra and ghrita are used to correct the metabolism.
- Increase in ojus production: Ojus is the component which helps in the nourishment of the immune system. It is generally received from the food you eat. Due to dysfunctional immune system causing the impairment of metabolism, production of ojas decreases to almost nil. Hence ayurveda increases its production. Guduchi, haridra, manjishtha, amalaki, nirgundi, yashtimadhu and pippali are used to increase ojha production.
- Immune system correction: Lastly, ayurveda works at correcting the immune system. If the immune system is not corrected, then the above treatment procedure will just be useless. Ghrita, haritaki, bahera, amalaki, ela and dadim are used generally to calm the immune system and rejuvenate it. They help correct the immune system for normal functioning.
Autoimmune disorders may not be easily treated, but that doesn't mean you cannot expect it to cure or witness a miracle. You just need some faith and confidence alongside proper treatment and you are ready to roll. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Doctor here is bleeding and pain at lover to my wife after 10 day of sex . She take unwanted 72 after sex . Please suggest .
Recurrent pregnancy loss refers to the situation when three consecutive pregnancy loss takes place. A pregnancy loss is a clinically defined pregnancy which ends before twenty weeks.
Causes of recurrent pregnancy loss
- Major cases of pregnancy loss occur due to genetic abnormalities and chromosomal abnormalities. The abnormality may occur from the sperm, egg or the early developed embryo.
- Recurrent pregnancy loss may occur in a woman due to ascending maternal age. This happens because of poor quality of the egg, which further leads to chromosomal abnormalities. In some cases, the pregnant mother or the father can have some gene irregularities. In such cases, the would-be-born infant is affected, and this causes pregnancy loss or miscarriage.
- Uterus abnormalities also lead to recurrent pregnancy loss. This may happen because of poor supply of blood to the uterus. Abnormalities in the uterus are in-born in some women and in others these may develop over time.
- Women having a poor immune system are likely to suffer pregnancy loss. Abnormalities in hormone secretion like thyroid or diabetes may also cause pregnancy loss in women.
- If a woman suffers from abnormalities in blood clotting, the chances of miscarriage are enhanced.
Testing for recurrent pregnancy loss
Several tests and examinations should be carried out for detection of pregnancy loss.
- Karyotype analysis of the woman and her male partner has to be conducted. Karyotype refers to the genetic or chromosomal constituents of an individual and this test is carried out to detect abnormalities in genes and chromosomes of the parents, which cause miscarriage when passed on to the developing infant.
- Another test includes the evaluation of the uterus and the uterine cavity. This is done by ultrasound, saline ultrasound, MRI, hysterosalpingogram X –ray or by hysteroscopy. These tests help to get information on the uterus shape, about fibroid presence, detect abnormalities within the uterus and observe the opening and closing of the tubes. Tests to detect the functioning of hormones are also carried out.
The treatment for women with recurrent pregnancy loss depends upon the underlying causes of the pregnancy loss.
- In case of patients with karyotypic abnormalities, genetic counselling is recommended, where a specialist is consulted to know about chromosomal abnormalities.
- Prenatal genetic studies are carried out by some couples to know about the offspring’s genetic make-up. This is done with chorionic villus sampling or with amniocentesis. A process known as in vitro fertilization (IVF) can be carried out.
- In case of uterine abnormalities, a surgery may be performed and medications for reducing blood clot are used if antiphospolipid syndrome is detected.
Recurrent pregnancy loss may happen due to various reasons and proper tests, and treatment procedures should be carried out for curing pregnancy loss. This phenomenon affects a woman and her partner deeply. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.