Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lalit V. ShahYour feedback matters!
Hi I have stomach problems every time gas problem I have taken medicine livocon syrup so that time no problem and some time I have not talked medicine so very hard pain please give me medicine name and advise Thanks.
I am 33 yrs suffering from knee joint pain and sometimes shivering legs when climbing on chair or upper surface. What is the reason for that?
I am feeling very weakness and very dull what I do for recovery of my health I want to become healthy.
My hairs are falling at a very fast rate. Such that when I move my hands in my hairs most of Them comes along with my hands. It has become a severe problem please suggest me some medicine.
I have not got job. That's why I feel great tension especially when I go to bed to sleep. Sometimes it disturbs my sleep. So what will I do?
Dear madam I was applying minoxidil 5% initially as suggested by my physician to cure alopecia but my scalp sometimes feels etched or aching on applying it. Should I continue to apply it? Is there any other medicine to prevent alopecia Is fenugreek seeds a good remedy for alopecia.
Dr. abortion me goli kitni effective hoti h is se koi side effective to ni h na kyu k mujhe 12 Din Ki pregnancy h Pls answer hindi me djiye.
The skin has a protein called keratin that protects it from infections and other harmful toxins. For various reasons, mostly unknown, but likely genetic, there could be a build up of this keratin leading to small, light-colored, hard bumps under the skin that can feel like sandpaper. This condition is medically known as keratosis pilaris. These pillars of keratin block the hair follicles that open onto the surface of the skin, and when a number of follicles are blocked, it leads to dry, bumpy feeling. In common words, it is also referred to as chicken skin, chicken bumps, or goose bumps.
- Occurrence: The onset is usually in the first decade of life, continues to grow in number in teenagers (80%), and slowly subsides as they grow older (40% of adults). People with dry skin are more likely to have these bumps than people with oily skin. The most commonly affected areas include upper arms, thighs, buttocks and very rarely on the face.
- Cause: This is a genetic disorder, and the bumps are due to excessive formation and buildup of keratin due to faulty genes. There could be surplus skin formation under these follicles or hair follicles trapped under these bumps. There could be a small area of inflammation and redness around the bumps.
- Weather correlation: Keratosis pilaris is more common and evident during the winter months when the skin is normally drier than in summer months. Some people could have this condition lifelong, with only manifestation seen in winters and complete absence of bumps in the summer months.
- Symptoms: The condition is usually asymptomatic, except for the dryness, and does not cause itching or medical harm. The esthetic concern, especially if in upper arms, is the only concern. Some people could be affected by the hard, bumpy feeling of the skin. There are no long-term medical symptoms or harmful effects of this condition though.
- Treatment: No treatment is required; however, moisturizers may be required to prevent the bumps from drying up. In very severe cases, creams may be used to remove dead skin cells and to prevent plugged follicles. Alpha hydroxy acid, salicylic acid, or lactic acid containing creams can be used to remove the dead skin cells. These also help moisturize the skin and reduce dryness. Vitamin A containing creams can be used to unplug the hair follicles. Avoid shaving and waxing.
- A word of caution though: These creams can cause itching and redness. Since this condition is prevalent in children, these creams need to be used only if absolutely essential and with medical prescriptions. The condition is harmless and self-limiting, so no treatment is mandatory. Patient education is of utmost importance in these cases.
I am suffering from pimple, from the last seven years. It's always. Not completely leaving its marks What should I do.
I am 22 year old and I am not able to digest the food, Whatever I ate! What should I do please help me.
Hello sir I have stomach problem whenever I eat heavy food it starts paining pleas solve my problem.
I am 74 years. I had long history of uncontrooled diabetes and it is under control with allopathic medication for 2 years. I am unable to slep at night due to tingling in both legs-caugh and thighs. When I have gas due to constipation even during day I have the tingling pain in both legs. I feel comfort when I massage in back of hip at sciatic nerve centre. I need advise how to have naturopathic or alternate medicine cure. I am afraid of neuro surgeons as the medication will spoil my health.
Dental health might come across as a rather innocuous problem, but there is no reason for us to take it lightly. Dental health often functions as the index to an overall good health and it is extremely crucial for one and all to maintain the utmost hygiene level. Your teeth are arguably one of the most susceptible parts of your body wherein the slightest neglect can result in substantial damage. Dental ailment pans across a variety of diseases which unless immediately arrested, can potentially inflict a lot of harm.
We all know about that dreaded toothache and it is not an experience that one would like reliving. Although dentists with their whole host of extractions, fillings and excisions often help in soothing those toothaches, for a more natural mode of healing and remedying dental disorders, one may turn to Ayurveda. Ayurveda regards healthy lifestyle practices like balanced and wise dietary choices and diligent brushing as the most fundamental requisite for maintaining your oral health.
Some of the advisable methods for upholding oral hygiene can be enlisted as follows:
- Dant Dhavani or Brushing: As an alternative to the new age bristle brushes, Ayurveda recommends the herbal chewing sticks for the purpose of brushing. As per Ayurveda, the effect is better in those sticks which have a bitter or an astringent taste. For this purpose, Neem, Licorice, Cutch, Arjuna, Milkweed or Fever Nut are best suited.
- Gargling with rock salt and mustard oil: For the upkeep of oral hygiene, it is a healthy practice to massage the gums with mustard oil and rock salt. One can gargle it off with warm water after leaving it for a span of five minutes. Persistent following of this method can bring considerable improvement to your oral hygiene. It is also a good way to mitigate the impacts of asthma and migraine.
- Jivha Lekhana or Tongue Scraping: Pure metal is endowed with a lot of health boosting properties. Thus, instead of stainless steel tongue cleaners, Ayurveda advocates the use of scrapers made of gold, silver or copper. This helps in battling bad odor and enhances your sense of taste.