Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshman PhondeYour feedback matters!
I have an dandruff from 3 months what I can do please help And my weight is low for my height.help me
I am 21+ but there are very little hair and Mustache in my mouth. Even I don't need to shave. But it is a problem of a 21 years aged boy. How I can recover it?
Hi I am 12 years I am medium colour (sawli. Can I use home remedies to lighten my skin complexion. please suggest me or it will affect my skin. Or you please give natural remedies fr my skin to lighten. please tell me by using these remedies will it effect my skin.
A normal human being loses 50 to 100 hairs on a daily basis, but it doesn’t make thinning of scalp hair noticeable because new hair is growing in at the same time. Visible hair loss occurs when the cycle of hair shedding and growth is disrupted or when the hair follicle is damaged and scar tissue is formed.
Hair loss can be attributed to four main factors, namely heredity, changes in hormones, medical conditions and finally medication. The hereditary condition known as pattern baldness is the most common reason of hair loss. It occurs gradually and with a receding hairline and bald spots in predictable patterns in men and thinning hair in women. Heredity dictates the age when one begins to shred hair, extent of baldness and finally the rate of hair loss. Among men, pattern baldness is common whereas in women, hair loss occurs in form of thinning of hair.
Hair loss can also be triggered by hormonal changes and imbalances during pregnancy, childbirth, onset of menopause and thyroid problems. Patchy hair loss or alopecia areata occurs when the human body's immune system attacks and damages hair follicles causing hair loss and leaves behind smooth bald patches on the skin. Scalp infection like ringworm leads to scaly patches and hair loss. Skin disorders like lichen planus, sarcoidosis and trichotillomania causes people to have an irresistible urge to pull out their hair, whether it's from the scalp or other areas of the body.
Excessive use of hairstyling tools like iron curlers and products like gels, mousse, sprays and colours damage the hair and prolonged usage can hamper its growth. Hairstyles which pulls one’s hair tight like pigtails or cornrows cause traction alopecia. Hot oil hair treatments cause inflammation of hair follicles leading to hair loss.
Medicated drugs for arthritis, depression, cancer, hypertension and even birth control increase the rate of hair loss. As the hair is made of keratin which is a protein, if one has a protein deficiency, then the chances are that the hair will be brittle. Crash dieting and losing a lot of weight too quickly has an adverse effect on hair growth, because these diets deprives body of essential nutrients which impact hair growth.
Psoriasis and Diabetes responsible for loss of hair. Diabetes affects the body’s circulatory system due to which less amount of nutrients and oxygen reach the feet and the scalp areas due to which the hair follicles get damaged. Psoriasis is a skin disease which affects the scalp and hair follicles leading to red bald patches.
If one notices thinning of hair, it is best to get checked for any underlying condition which could be causing the hair loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I'm 19 years old. I have itches on and around reproductive part. Fungal infection, what should I do?
Hello doctor can you suggest me How to get rid of dark skins under armpit and other private parts. .
I have pimple on my chin and as I do shaved it grow more and act pain so please advise me to remove that pimple forever.
I am 23 year old and I am very worried about my hair fall problem. My hair is continuously falling over 3 years. This leads to frustration, please help me in this regard.
I have black patches on my face. Though my complexion is fair but those patches ruin my look completely. On my forehead and chick the marks r prominent. In darkness they become visible clearly. Give suggestion what to do. I m sick nd tired of these. I hv consulted with many dermatologists. But in vain. Results r zero.
It problem It about my reddish pimple on my entire face, I tried every possible things but nothing effect. What should I do?
Eczema is an autoimmune disorder wherein the skin overreacts to certain triggers in or outside the body resulting in inflammation and lesions. Eczema is also known as atopic dermatitis. The skin becomes dry, patchy and rough, and it tends to form itchy and red blisters. Eczema is usually caused due to inflammation; in most cases, allergy triggers eczema. It has been observed that quite often, patients who suffer from eczema have a family history of allergy. In some cases, patients having other allergies, may also develop eczema. Apart from this, low immunity triggers this disease.
- Red patches over skin
- Dry rough skin with blisters
- Intense itching on skin, with occasional bleeding
- Formation of a thick leather-like layer over the affected areas of the skin
- Discharge of an oozing watery and sticky liquid from the affected area, in case of wet eczema (In case of dry eczema, there is no watery discharge; the skin stays rough and dry.)
Treating eczema with homeopathy
Treating eczema might be possible by taking several medications. But treating doesn't mean curing. People who suffer from eczema know how irritating the disorder is. So they want a cure for eczema, which is possible with homeopathic medicines. Homeopathy is known for curing eczema, from the root. Basically, homeopathy helps to improve the immune system, as low immunity is responsible for causing allergies. When immunity is built, and low immunity quits from overreacting to several reactions, eczema is cured.
Here are five homeopathic medicines suitable for treating eczema:
- Graphites: Graphites is one of the finest homeopathic medicines for treating wet eczema, when there is thick, oozing watery and sticky discharge. In most cases, the patient with this type of eczema suffers from constipation and obesity. He or she might be sensitive towards cold. Their usual skin becomes hard and cold, but the affected area remains dry and rough. The remedy is prescribed mostly to women with menstrual disorders.
- Mezereum: This is the suitable for patients with eczema, which tends to form a leathery crust on the head. The patient might feel intense itching especially at night.
- Hepar sulphur: This is suitable for eczema with formation of pus. The patient is usually too sensitive to cold. Intense itching, sneezing and sensitivity towards cold are the symptoms, which indicate the need for this medicine.
- Dulcamara: This is one of the finest homeopathic medicines for eczema, which aggravates in damp or cold weather. Thick formation of yellowish crust and intense itching are the symptoms, which clearly indicate the need for this remedy.
- Sulphur: This one is suitable for eczema with burning sensation along with intense itching. Symptoms usually worsen in summer and the skin feels rough and dry. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
It is a must that you get a thorough consultation with a homeopath before starting off on some medication on your own. Each body is unique and will respond differently to different formulations. With homeopathy, the aim is to treat an individual holistically instead of just removing the symptoms.