Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kshitij Thoke
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Kshitij ThokeYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from back pain due to heavy weight lifting, can aloe Vera (barbadensis). Heals it faster? Does it works?
Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition marked by constant flu-like symptoms such as fatigue, headaches, insomnia and joint pains. However, the disease has no visible symptoms. There are also no known causes for the disease. While some believe stress to be a trigger for fibromyalgia, other theories suggest that physical and emotional factors such as a prior illness lead to the onset of this disease. This leads to fibromyalgia patients being often misunderstood and misdiagnosed. Almost 80% of fibromyalgia patients are women. While the disease is not lethal, it can make daily life difficult.
The criteria for fibromyalgia were established only in the late 1900s. In addition, the symptoms of this disease present themselves differently in each patient. This makes diagnosis very difficult.
- Constant pain all over the body is the most common symptom of fibromyalgia.
- You may also feel constantly tired, and unable to get a restful sleep.
- Some fibromyalgia patients also suffer from depression or anxiety and an irritable bowel syndrome.
- Fibromyalgia patients may also feel hyper sensitive to cold or heat, and feel numbness in fingers and toes.
Fibromyalgia has no known cure, and like arthritis, treatment for this disease addresses its symptoms. Most treatment programs include a combination of drugs, physical therapy, and behavioral techniques.
Pain relievers or anti-inflammatory medication and antidepressants are the two types of drugs administered to fibromyalgia patients. However, these should not be counted on as a long-term solution, as the side effects of these medicines can cause additional problems. Therapeutic massages and chiropractic manipulations can also help ease the pain. Along with this, it is also important to rest and relax. This helps reduce stress which often triggers fibromyalgia symptoms.
To get a better night's sleep, try going to bed and getting up at the same time every day. A warm glass of milk or chamomile tea just before bedtime can also help induce sleep. As far as possible, avoid taking sleeping tablets, as the body can soon become dependent on these.
Though you may constantly feel tired, increasing the day to day activity levels can have a positive effect on your health. Consider adding low-intensity activities such as walking, cycling, yoga or dancing to your daily routine. Complement these with a well-balanced, nutritious diet that includes lots of fruits and vegetables. If you or a loved one has fibromyalgia, bad days may not be prevented. But with treatment, they can be controlled.
Hi, I am 26 years old. I am having back ache for almost a year now. Mostly it happens if I spent lots of time using a laptop, but after a proper rest of 2-3 days it's better again. It happens again and again. Consulted a doctor but they just gave me pain killers.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
Are you suffering from arthritis and looking for effective treatment options? Arthritis is a chronic, systematic inflammatory disease that causes damage to your joints and connective tissues. The knee is primarily affected by this condition and there are three main forms of arthritis which occur in your knees. There are several treatment options and procedures for treating arthritis. They are as follows:
Several medications are used for arthritis treatment. They are:
- Analgesics: These medicines help in pain reduction but do not heal inflammation.
- NSAIDS: NSAIDS or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used for reducing inflammation and pain as a result of arthritis.
- Counter-irritants: These include creams and ointments containing capsaicin or menthol. Applying these creams on the skin helps with pain relief.
- DMARDS: Disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs are used in case of rheumatoid arthritis. These help in slowing down your immune system from targeting your joints.
- Corticosteroids: This form of medicine includes cortisone and prednisone and helps in reducing inflammation and suppressing your immune system. These can be injected into your joint or taken orally.
Physical therapy is beneficial for certain types of arthritis. Exercising helps in improving your range of motion, and the strength of your muscles which surrounds the affected joint. Splints and braces are prescribed in some cases.
When all other treatment measures fail, a surgery may be required to be carried out.
- Joint repair: In some cases, the surface of your joints can be realigned and smoothened in order to improve function and eliminate pain. These surgeries are arthroscopically performed via incisions made on the joint.
- Joint replacement: During this surgery, your damaged joint gets removed and replaced with an artificial joint. The hip and knee joints are commonly replaced surgically.
- Joint fusion: This surgical procedure is used in case of smaller joints of your body. The ends of the two bones in your joint are removed and the removed ends are locked together till they heal into one unit.
Alternative treatment options
You can also opt for certain alternative remedies for arthritis. Some of them are as follows:
- Acupuncture: In this therapy, fine needles are inserted at certain points on your skin for reducing arthritis pain.
- Yoga and tai chi: The movements associated with yoga and tai chi are slow and stretching in nature. These help in improving joint flexibility. Your range of motion gets improved as well.
Light massages which involve stroking and kneading of your muscles help in increasing blood flow. This warms up the affected joints, providing temporary relief from arthritis pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.