Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kranti Amit Phadnis
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kranti Amit PhadnisYour feedback matters!
I did intercourse with my gf without protection. I know that mine was not ejaculated. But she is telling that she did not get periods now. What should we do now?
How much safe a sex during pregnancy (20 week) running. Age 26 Years . What are the precautions should we have to take, if we can? Also observed that, a liquid discharge from breast. Is it normal or should we have to take action on it?Please tell.
Hello doctors. I'm 22 weeks pregnant and few days back I was diagnosed with UTI . My gynae prescribed monocef 1gm through iv twice a day for 5 days. Then again did the urine culture and still there was infection now I'm on inj fortum 1gm twice a day for 7 days. I'm really very worried does that affect my baby? Are these injections really safe. And what all can I do to cure it. Please reply. Thank you!
In order to stay protected from the ill-effects of air pollution and keep your kids and family safe, these are the foods you should include in your diet:
- Have ginger juice along with a spoon of honey thrice a day if you are suffering from breathing issues, cough, cold or infections. It will soothe the irritation and make you feel better.
- Jaggery and honey is an immunity strengthening combination, it will protect you from air pollution as well as other ailments.
- Have crushed black pepper along with honey, this will help in clearing the cough accumulated in your chest. It also cleanses you.
- Basil and cinnamon tea is found to be very effective in combating cough, cold and other infections
- Garlic is another amazing antibiotic-rich ingredient which improves immunity and also fights cough. Crush garlic pods, fry them with butter till cooked properly and have it. Don't consume water for half an hour after eating it and get rid of cough.
- Raise your vitamin c intake by consuming loads of berries such as gooseberries, oranges, lemons, lime, guava, etc. Vitamin c is a water soluble antioxidant which helps in boosting our immunity.
Hello when should we take birth control pills? Should we take it immediately after intercourse or can we wait. I forgot my period date. I guess we had sex jst a week or 2 before my period and were on protection but have a small doubt about it. I want to wait for 1 or 2 week to check my period. Can I wait or is it risky. What if I get my period now and miss it next month. What happens if I take pills next month. What are the side effects of taking pills. Please help me with this.
Hello Doc. Me and my husband sex karte hai uske baad mujhe aisa hota hai ki vo sara sperm out ho gaya ase mai pregrency possible hai or mai hcg shots bhi lai rahi hu.
I had unprotected sex took ipill 8 hours after sex can I be pregnant? My cycle is of 23 days and I had sex on 6th day of my cycle means only 1 day after my Menes cycle got over.
I have pcos and high prolactin levels and also thyroid. Which exercises and treatment should I follow?
My boyfriend bit my nipples and pulled it. This was my first experience. Now my nipples are paining too much. What should I do.
I m married but separated from last 8 yrs, doesnt have any physical relation with any one, now a day i feel very tired my age is 38 can it affect on my health
She is trying for a baby. But no happy news. Periods are regular nd took scanning of uterus adenexae showing no follicle's in either ovaries and no mass in adrenexae ,free T4 serum rate is .82 ng/dl ,TSH is 1.71 is also in the normal range and semen analysis shows 70% semens are actively motile and 61. 5 million per ml count. What is the reason for infertility.
You will seldom come across a person who does not like to eat. Nothing can be more satisfying than binging on your favorite cuisine. Though the choice of food may differ from individuals to individuals, most of us live to eat. It is not without reason that food is considered a fuel that gets the body going, enabling us to carry on with our daily chores. While hot, spicy and fast foods are what most of us crave for, one cannot ignore the health benefits of a balanced and nutritious diet. A diet enriched with the essential nutrients can play a significant role to keep the vital organs of the body fit and healthy.
Importance of a healthy and nutritious diet
A nutritious diet plays a pivotal role in maintaining the well-being of the body. From eyes to heart, it takes care of almost everything. Mentioned below are some of the food items that should be a part of your diet.
- Fruits: The health benefits of fruits deserve no special mention. Apple, banana, citrus fruits, berries, kiwi, guava, most of the fruits are laden with vitamins and minerals and go a long way to build the immunity and resistance of the body against various diseases and infections.
- Vegetables: A diet without vegetables is anything but healthy. From antioxidants (mostly dark green vegetables) to omega-3 fatty acids, minerals to dietary fibers, incorporating vegetables in the diet takes care of most of the nutritional requirements of the body.
- Meat: Equally important are animal products which include meat (chicken, lamb, crab, goat, duck, to name a few), fish (salmon, mackerel, tuna, tilapia, sardine, basa, to name a few), fish oil. Most of these are a rich source of proteins, vitamins, and minerals necessary for the overall growth of the body.
- Milk and dairy products: Milk, cheese, butter, curd, ghee, being an excellent source of calcium, vitamin, minerals, fats, proteins, should be included in the diet.
- Oils: One cannot miss out on the various benefits of ghee, especially of cow, mustard oil, coconut oil & olive oil and other healthy vegetable oils, such as sesame oil, rice bran oil, flaxseed oil to name a few, that are rich in nutrients including Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Cereals: The nutritive value of cereals (oats, rye, wheat, quinoa, rice) and pulses (black gram, lentils, chickpea, groundnuts) are also immense.
- Herbs & spices: The herbs and spices that make food more palatable are known for their anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-carcinogenic properties.
Unhealthy habits to avoid after eating food
There are certain unhealthy habits which when done immediately after eating food will do the body more harm than good. Some of these include:
- For a proper digestion of food, never take a nap soon after the meal.
- Taking a shower immediately after having food will also affect the digestion process.
- Many of us have a habit of drinking tea after a meal. However, it is an unhealthy practice that can interfere with both the digestion of food as well as with the absorption of iron.
- Eating fruits immediately after a meal will also affect the digestion of food.
- Smoking after a meal is an extremely unhealthy practice.
Consult an expert and plan a healthy diet for yourself to stay fit always,
We are in the middle of IVF cycle. Two "A "grade embryo transferred on 9.11.17. Today is day 10. As of now my wife is not having any symptoms except morning fever since two days. We are anxious about the result .Doctor told to do beta HCG test on 14.11.17. Whether we can take home pregnancy test before 14.11.17. Is it reliable. Pls advice.
Hi I am 24 year old. I had sex with my bf. And he ejected on me. I took ec pills. I had heavy flow. And now I am not having my periods. Is there a chance of pragnency after heavy flow? or my periods date is changed due to ec pills?
Nuts are a rich source of energy but are also one of the most common food allergens. Both children and adults can suffer from nut allergies. While some children may outgrow the allergy, for others this is a lifelong condition. When it comes to children, the sibling of a child who is allergic to nuts also has a high risk of being allergic to them as well.
Nut allergies can be categorized as an allergy to peanuts or an allergy to tree nuts. Tree nuts are nuts that grow on trees such as walnuts, cashew nuts and almonds. Peanuts are not considered tree nuts as they grow underground in the form of legumes. A person can be allergic to both types of nuts but it is not necessary that if you are allergic to peanuts, you should avoid almonds as well and vice versa.
There are laboratory tests to determine the types of food you can be allergic to but in most cases, you realize you are allergic to something only after consuming it. Some of the symptoms of nut allergies include:
- Tenderness of the skin
- Swelling of the hands and feet
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Watery eyes
- Stomach cramps
- Shortness of breath
Most of the symptoms that affect the skin and respiratory system can be relieved with the help of antihistamines. Cold compresses can also help relieve itchiness caused by nut allergies.
One of the most severe forms of nut allergies can result in Anaphylaxis. This can be described as the swelling of the throat so much so that the airways are blocked and it becomes difficult to breathe. It is often accompanied by swelling of the facial features and itchiness. The only way to relieve this swelling is with an adrenaline injection. This reduces the swelling and reopens the airways. The most common type of adrenaline injection is known as an epi pen.
Some types of foods that commonly contain nuts and should be avoided include baked goods, pesto, nougat, marzipan, soups, multigrain bread, honey, granola, sauces such as hot sauce and barbeque sauce, salad dressings and veggie burgers. Nuts are often also used as thickening agents and hence if you know you are allergic to nuts, pay attention to food labels before you buy any product and make it a habit to tell your server in a restaurant that you are allergic to nuts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.