Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kerlash UmburkarYour feedback matters!
By birth, my son is suffering from tuberous sclerosis and due that he has so many issues like development delay, not able to speak, not social and almost all sign of autism. Please advice what treatment is available to recover from these issues. He is now of 4 year and we are sending him to play school so that he can mix with other kids. We also gave behavioral therapy for 4 months. Please advice.
My 14 months daughter doesn't want to eat anything, she only crazy of breast feed. We are really worried why she doesn't want to eat anything, till a month ago she use to eat sometimes something like boiled egg, cerelac mixed with milk, hotchpotch, biscuits etc but now she just hate all of them. Otherwise she is fit and fine the only issue is she is not eating anything, please suggest what to do, what are the tricks we can adopt to feed her.
Sir my son is 13 years old. He have obesity. His weight is about 70 Kg. Let me know the simplest way to loose weight of my son. Due to nature of my job I can't spare more time for my family. I will be thankful if you solve this problem. Thanks Umesh Khinvasara.
Can I give banana to my baby at the age of 8 month during winter or if he has little bit cough or cold?
My baby is 2 and half month old. He is losing hair. I afraid what I do. Which oil best for infant hair?
My daughter is 2 years old. She has cold and congestion. Before two days her school teacher told me that her hands and toes were molded and neck stuck at one side. Her lips and face was appearing black. This all was for short moments. There is no history of such kinds. All MRI reports and blood reports are normal. Please let me why this hhapened.
The tooth may look a tiny structure, but is a very complicated one. Structurally, it has very high concentrations of minerals and vitamins, all essential for optimal dental health. Reduced or increased amounts of these substances can lead to obvious defects in the teeth, which may impair aesthetics and sometimes even the functioning of the tooth.
While calcium is one mineral that would immediately come to mind, there are a lot of other vitamins and minerals too which play a significant role both in tooth formation and in optimal dental health. Listed below are some of these, along with their role in dental health.
- Vitamin A: Often associated with vision, vitamin A is essential for production of good amount of saliva which maintains healthy mucous membranes. Reduced saliva increases predisposition to decay and gum disease and also increases bad breath.
- Vitamin D: Needless to say, with the strength of the jaw bones, a good amount of calcium is required to boost bone mineral density.
- Vitamin C: The gums have connective tissue fibers which help bind the tooth to the jaw bone. For good strength of the connective tissue, vitamin C is important. Therefore, vitamin C deficiency can lead to tooth mobility and even tooth loss in severe cases.
- Vitamin B complex: There are too many people who would have popped a multivitamin to ward off mouth sores. Niacin and riboflavin especially are essential for optimal mucosal health and reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin K: This has multiple roles to play. It helps in improving the body's healing process, blocks substances that break down bone, promotes bone strength, and reduces bleeding disorders.
- Minerals: There is a long list of minerals that are essential for optimal dental health, as below:
- Calcium: From strong enamel to jaw bone, calcium is extremely important for the tooth to be fully formed. Calcium deficiency can result in hypoplastic teeth that are more prone for chipping and decay.
- Potassium: Needed to improve bone mineral density. It also works in conjunction with magnesium and prevents from the blood turning too acidic. Acidic blood can suck out calcium from teeth and bones.
- Fluoride: Proven to be the anti-decay magic medicine, fluoride reduces the incidence of tooth decay. Fluoride gels are applied for children to promote remineralization of enamel which may have initial caries.
- Phosphorus: Provides support to calcium and potassium in bone formation.
- Iron: Required for keeping red blood cell count at a good level and fighting infections.
- Iodine: This trace mineral is required for absorption of calcium and potassium that is essential for tooth formation.
- Zinc: Naturally found in saliva, it fights against plaque formation and subsequent infections.
For optimal dental function, ensure your diet has these essential nutrients.