Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kavita Vedi
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kavita VediYour feedback matters!
Hello mam, I have ulcers in my mouth and whole food are tart so I can not eat any food. Please tell me solutions.
I am type 2 diabetic last 20 yrs. Am on flwg medication, 6 units insulin before breakfast, amaryl 2mg before breakfast, istamet 5o/500 afterr breakfast. My fasting sugar is 110, 2hrs after meals it is 160. Kindly advise should I continue with above. Thanks and regards.
I am 26years old male. I have severe head ache for last one month. I have pain in eyes also. What should I do?
Hello .Since last month my dad completed operation (heart operation like student) please know me what will provide foods and beverages.
I recently had viral fever along with vertigo and was hospitalized. At time time my bp was 89/53. My haemoglobin count is fine 12. But I feel dizziness and breathlessness very often. Also I've started excessive sweating in my palms. The sweat comes like water running over my hand. What should I do?
Sciatica pain can be mild to intense. Many with lumbar herniated disc and sciatica often wonder whether or not they require a surgery. Needless to say, it is never an easy decision. But the good news is that micro discectomy surgery has a higher rate of success when it comes to relieving sciatica pain. When compared to many other options, this one is relatively minimally invasive. It doesn’t alter the structure of the spine permanently since it works by removing a small portion of the disc, which has herniated or extruded out of the disc.
When your sciatica pain stems from lumbar disc herniation, a small open surgery with the help of magnification is the prevalently opted surgical approach. On the other hand, a laminectomy is done when the bone or disc pinching the nerve root is required to be removed.
When should you consider undergoing surgery for sciatica?
Typically, neurosurgeons recommend considering surgery for sciatica in a host of situations which include the following:
- Severe pain in the leg lingering for more than six weeks, which mainly affects one side of the leg or buttock
- Intense pain in the low back and buttock, which continues through the course of the sciatic nerve andextends to the lower leg and even foot. This pain can be described as sharp and searing rather than a dull thud.
- When pain has not alleviated even after non-surgical treatments that may include non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs),oral steroids, injections, manual manipulations, and physical therapy
- When the patient is not able to take part in the day to day activities due to intense lower back pain and the symptoms tend to become severe during movements like sneeze and cough.
- When the symptoms are continuing to worsen, thereby indicating nerve damage, particularly when the progressive signs have their root in neurological issues
- It is important to note here that surgical intervention may only be needed when the patient experiences progressive weakness in the lower portion of the body or sudden loss of bladder or bowel movement, which may stem from cauda equina syndrome. Two surgeries, namely lumbar laminectomy and microdiscectomy are performed on the basis of the cause as well as the duration of the sciatica pain.
- In some cases, the symptoms are unique on the basis of the underlying causes of sciatica. For instance, trying to bend the body backward or walking a longer distance than normal may trigger unbearable symptoms. On the other hand, when the affected individual tries to bend the body forward, it can lead to symptoms stemming from the lumbar herniated disc.
- In case sciatica occurs after an accident, injury or trauma, or if it happens in tandem with other symptoms, then it requires an immediate medical attention.
Thus, choosing to go for a surgery depends on several factors that only your doctor can assess and decide upon.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Our performance in bed is often affected by a number of reasons and ailments, which are both of physical and psycological in nature contribute to it. Premature ejaculation is a problem that men face due to a variety of reasons. Some may be biological issues like abnormal size and level of hormones as well as faulty neurotransmission, which can give rise to reflexes that cause this condition. Also, the patient may experience premature ejaculation due to psychological factors like relationship problems, stress and anxiety. The presence of chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease could also lead to the occurrence of this condition. Read on to know about the Ayurvedic ways of dealing with premature ejaculation.
Material and medicine informed is for general use and not to be taken by patients without doctor's advise.
Diagnosis: The first and foremost step in treating premature ejaculation is with the help of the Shukra diagnosis. The seventh and final dhatu of all the seven dhatus, which when nourished well (pusht), leads to sex power, enhanced quality of sperms and if conserved leads to OJA - the elixir of life.
Treatment Basics: The basic method of treatment follows a complex process of detoxification of the Dhatu or substances in the body and Panchkarma therapy that includes removal, liquification, purification, mobilization and evacuation of the Doshas that may have caused an imbalance in the body. Panchakarma can't be carried out in day to day treatment and preferably should be done by admitting in Ayurveda hospital. Panchakarma is for comprehensive treatment. Hence day to day medicines are given which carry miniaturised / mild detoxification effect.
Massages: The most important form of treatment for premature ejaculation under Ayurveda includes the use of massages. The first form of massage that helps in treatment of this condition includes Abhyangam or the application of oil in all areas of the body. This form of oil massage focuses on the individual parts of the body and seeks to open all the pores as organs for a state of better functionality. The next form of oil application or massage includes Swedem, which makes use of a medicated stream that can be allowed to drip onto a focused point on the patient's head or body as to create an impression there. The leaf bundle massage or Elakizhi can also be conducted along with an oil bath known as Pizichil which applies oil through a drip method on the head. This is also known as Shirdhara. Vasthi is also a form of oil massage that can ensure the flow of vata and other doshas, which has stopped. Mini form of massages are given in day to day treatment. Pure classic herbal taila application on penis is also a kind of massage.
Herbs: The use of herbs is an integral part of Ayurvedic treatment. The Ayurvedic herbal medicines that are to be used for dealing with premature ejaculation or for delaying the ejaculation, are known as Stambhaka herbs. One can use Jaiphala paste as well as Ashwagandha powder or churna. One can also take Atirasadi Churna which also improves the sperm count of the patient even as it improves blood circulation for fighting premature ejaculation.
Most of these medicines and methods do not have any side effects and should be taken as per the dose prescribed by the Ayurvedic doctor, at the recommended times of the day.
HIV or Human Immunodeficiency Virus is a type of immune disorder which attacks the immune system of the body and slowly destroys it overtime. The HIV virus targets the immune system and makes the body susceptible to other diseases. HIV infection can progress to AIDS although it may take up to 10 or 12 years to fully go into the last stage.
Risks and Causes
HIV is a communicable disease which spreads through only the following methods
- It can spread from one person to another by means of unprotected sexual intercourse due to the exchange of bodily fluids.
- The virus spreads if you share drug needles with someone who is already contaminated with HIV virus. It can also occur due to improperly trained medical staff that may reuse syringes although this is very uncommon.
- The HIV virus transmits from the mother to the child during pregnancy through the placenta.
- Any exchange of blood in significant amounts such as blood transfusion from a contaminated patient will result in infection as well although this is very rare.
Any other form of contracting the disease such as through kissing or food is a untrue and only propagates due to ignorance.
The initial symptoms of HIV infection are noticed after a few weeks although it can take a few months to come up as well. The initial symptoms may include
1. Severe headache along with intense pain in the muscles and the joints of the body.
2. Frequent appearances of rashes
4. Itchy skin
5. Disorders which stay for sustained periods such as an upset stomach or a cold.
The early symptoms disappear within 2 to 3 weeks without any treatment. The later symptoms might appear after few years (sometimes up to or more than a decade), which will stay. This is usually the time HIV is diagnosed. The symptoms now may also include
1. severe muscle fatigue
2. severe loss in body weight,
3. High fever and recurrent instances of sweating at the night time.
HIV is suspected if the later symptoms tend to last for a long time without any other diagnosable cause.
HIV can be treated by means of antiretroviral therapy which reduces the rate at which the virus multiplies. However, there is no cure for HIV as of yet.
In order to prevent yourself from getting HIV, you should adopt the following precautionary measures:
1. You should use protection every time when engaging in sexual intercourse and if you are unsure of your partner’s HIV status.
2. You should use new blades in barbershops for shaving purposes in order to prevent yourself from HIV as well
3. If you are diagnosed with HIV/AIDS while you are pregnant, to prevent spreading it to your unborn baby, you might immediately need undergo a medical check-up and follow the doctor’s advice.
4. Ensure that disposable syringes are used whenever they are being use for medical tests or treatments.