Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Kavita ShivsagarYour feedback matters!
I am a 24 years man I am suffering with back pain from 2 years. I went to many doctors and used many medicines. But I did not get any result. What should I do.
My 23 year old son is having a severe neck pain (with shoulder and back pain) since last night as he had a very rigorous travel by flight. It seems he slept with a wrong posture for an hour because of which all this started. Doctor kindly suggest some safe way out since he has 9 hours of work which he cannot neglect He is also having dizziness. Thankingyou.
My father has a problem in his both knee and trouble to walk frequently so what is the possible cause for that and please giving me the suggestion for remedy.
I am having slight pain in lower part of stomach and urge to go to urine again and again is very high. I am also having severe pain in lower back. Please provide guidance.
If you suffer from persistent backaches and neck pain, you may be diagnosed with spondylitis. Spondylitis refers to degenerative changes of the spine, such as the formation of bone spurs and degeneration of spinal discs. This condition can affect the neck, upper or mid back and lower back. Of these, spondylitis of the neck- cervical spondylitis and lower back- lumbar spondylitis are most common.
Spondylitis is considered to be triggered by age. As a person grows older, the wear and tear of the bones and ligaments of the spinal column can lead to the development of bone spurs and osteoarthritis. Age can also cause the discs between vertebrae to weaken and degenerate leading to bulging discs and herniating spinal discs. Most people experience the first symptoms of spondylitis between the age of 20 and 50. A family history of spondylitis and being prone to injuries also increases a person’s risk of suffering from spondylitis.
Since spondylitis is a degenerative disease, there is no cure for this condition. However, the pain associated with it can be managed. Thus, treatment for spondylitis is very similar to treatment for neck or back pain. This treatment can be in the form of pain medication, exercise, physical therapy and minimally invasive surgery. Depending on the extent of spinal damage the doctor may prescribe steroids that need to be injected directly into the intervertebral spaces. This is also known as epidural injections.
Spondylitis patients are often advised to follow their normal schedule and refrain from bed rest as this can prolong recovery. However, at the same time, you should not undertake any activity that puts additional pressure or stress on the spinal column. Alternating between warm and cold compresses can help relieve the pain associated with spondylitis. Additionally, try sleeping with a pillow between your legs to relieve low back pain.
Special pillows that offer cervical support can help relieve spondylitis of the neck.
Surgery may be considered in cases where this condition causes or worsens nerve damage. Spinal decompression surgery involves relieving pressure on the nerves in the spinal column that may be caused by a herniated disc, spinal stenosis or foraminal stenosis. This surgery can be performed through a laminectomy, discectomy or foraminotomy. Bone spurs in the spinal column or a vertebral disc can also be removed surgically. However, these surgeries are rarely performed as most patients respond well to non-surgical treatments. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.
I have got tail bone pain because of sitting whole day in office and riding bike 50kms avg per day. How do I solve it?
My mother age of 55 is suffering with joint pains in hand, neck, legs nd back. Her body was like selling. What to do.
Hi I am 25 year old guy, I have been taking medicines for GERD from February and have been feeling better, but for the past 2 days I am seeing mucus in stools (no blood). Particles of food, no constipation or diarrhoea, also having lower back pain (not sure if it's related) I had a sigmoidoscopy done and came back saying I have no problem (no biopsy was taken) but still I have mucus in my stool. I am also not feeling hungry. I still eat at the right time (I have not lost my appetite) Am I suffering from anything serious? Do I have to go for a colonoscopy to confirm about things? Please help I am panicked.
I am 64 years old and working in senior management position. I have been suffering from lower back pain. I have done physio therapy and regularly doing exercise but pain continues especially while getting up fro bed in the morning or getting up from chair after sitting for sometime.
I am 40 three years old man. Recently there is problem in climbing up in stairs in the knee joints and feeling fatigueness in the two legs below knee joints when sitting couple of hours time in chair in office.
I have suffering from back pain and also knee pain also coming how to recover from that pain and which type of median is useful.
If you are suffering from neuromuscular disorders and require an effective, natural cure, you should opt for Ayurveda. Neuromuscular disorders are conditions in which certain areas of your central nervous system may get affected. It leads to the dysfunction and degeneration of your musculature, and also disables the functioning of certain organs at times. According to the Ayurvedic principles, most neuromuscular disorders occur because of beeja dosha, deranged vata and due to certain defects or impairments of your mamsagni or muscle enzymes.
Ayurvedic treatment for neuromuscular disorders
There are several modes of treatment and management for neuromuscular disorders based on Ayurvedic principles.
- Panchakarna therapy, several yoga techniques, and specially developed molecules or mamsagni rasayan are commonly used for treating such disorders. These help people in maintaining muscle strength and functioning.
- Strict Ayurvedic dietary modifications are also required to be undertaken by people with metabolic disorders and those suffering from neuromuscular diseases.
- Several Ayurvedic herbs are used for treating neuromuscular disorders. These herbs should become a part of your regular diet.
- Ayurvedic treatment helps in slowing down or stopping the progression of muscle degeneration, which is likely in case of neuromuscular disorders.
- It is ideal to apply a combined Ayurvedic strategy for treating neuromuscular disorders, which includes mamsagni rasayana, yoga, pizhichil, anuvasana vasti and Til Mash Pinda. These are undertaken for long-term management.
- This is an Ayurvedic formula or preparation that was developed as a remedy for neuromuscular disorders. The medicine should be taken before meals with honey.
- It contains several active and highly beneficial ingredients such as triphala, gurvel, marich, kuchla, gold bhasma, and guggul.
- It helps in the regulation of muscle metabolism and is ideal for the management of neuromuscular disorders and muscular dystrophies.
- The mixture is very effective in correcting membrane defects and regulating fat metabolism.
- Among the various ingredients, kuchla helps in boosting the neuromuscular tone, gold bhasma prevents muscle degeneration, and gurvel helps with immunity modulation.
- The combined effect of all the ingredients helps in balancing your neuromuscular vata, pitta, and kapha.
- You will observe results coming in the form of weight loss, decrease in your difficulty to walk, decrease in your blood CPK levels, and an increase in your neuromuscular tone. Your muscle power enhances and you get an improved weight ratio by taking this Ayurvedic solution.
You should consult an Ayurvedic physician, if you seek Ayurvedic treatment for overcoming neuromuscular disorders. An experienced doctor would be able to prescribe you the best solutions based on your condition, symptoms, and severity.