Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
I am 20 years old male and have ache in toe and hand fingers for last 1 week. I have used pain relief medicines for couple of days but haven't got any relief. What should I do now?
I have a surgical problem from which I can't sleep with pillow. In fact my neck feels pain all the time please tell me how to overcome it.
Back pain is a common source of pain, which can be acute, subacute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain, middle back pain, lower-back pain or tailbone pain.
Lower back pain is a type of back pain, which affects the lower back portion of the body. It may occur from arthritis or due to sudden jerking during movement. Lower-back pain may cause serious discomfort and aching and may disable a person from moving about. It should be treated and cared for properly.
Here are several treatments and care procedures for lower-back pain:
- Take some rest: Most people who get lower-back pain get obsessed with it and end up getting MRI scans, x-rays done and take injections without recognizing the intensity of the pain. It is advised not to rush into the matter. A simple way to cure the pain is by resting. 90% of lower back pains resolve by themselves in 6 weeks and so you must give your back a break instead of taking medical action and give your back some to heal.
- Pills: Sometimes, a lower back pain can suddenly become severe. In this case, you should intake anti-inflammatory pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, you should not take them for more than ten days at a stretch as continuous pill consumption can cause side effects.
- Hot & cold compress: Apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area in your lower back for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about of 20 minutes and you should take several sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries, reducing the flow of blood to the affected area. The swelling is then eased. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and helps to increase blood circulation.
- Replace your mattress: People who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of experiencing lower-back pain. If you sleep on a medium-firm mattress, your chances of getting lower-back pain are less. In case your mattress is sagging or is very old, you should replace it.
- Acupuncture: When your lower-back pain is very severe, you can take acupuncture injections, which provide efficient pain relief. The injections change the way your nerves react and inflammation gets reduced.
Lower-back pain is likely to cause great discomfort and trouble. You will be unable to carry out your daily chores because of the pain. Therefore, proper treatment and care are required for lower-back pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist and ask a free question.
Hello sir/ madam, Always I am face the severe headache. I just working marketing sector. Shall you tel me good remedies for this ache.
I am 26years male. I am having pain in knees after exercise or sitting in chair for long time. What should I do?
I will get sometimes knee pain. I don't know why. So I can't walk a long distance. please help. Me what can I do.
I am 44 years old and a diabetic patient my hand muscular and foot hill paining regularly. What should I do?
I am 29 year old and I have pain in my back legs when I worked hard from legs like play or run it feels pain in nerve most. Please suggest me what should I do. I also have the havey gastric pain.
When I was walking at 5: 00 am everyday there no problems and about 3-4 days I am not walking there is pain in leg and hand why it occurs?
I have back pain and pain in legs, especially at early morning, which spoils my sleep. Please advise.
I am 20 year old male and have backache for last one month. I have use pain relief cream. What I do now?
Delhi Backpain Physiotherapy
Now lets try to understand it.
Sciatic nerve is the thickest nerve of the body.It originated from lower back and supply to the buttocks , thighs ,legs and foot.
When there is an irritation to this nerve causing inflammation and hence the symptoms.
Sciatica has a group of complaints of patient suffering called symptoms. It affects one or sometimes both side of the body.
The symptoms for sciatica can be pain, sensation problems like tingling, numbness and may be weakness in muscles supplied by this Sciatic nerve.
Symptoms can be pain for some patients but for some it may be sensory problems.
It may be localized to a point or may move down to buttock and feets.
Where ever the Sciatic nerve supplied symptoms may be present depending on the site where pinching of nerve happens.
Some peoples have pain for only a week but for others it may take long duration.
If left untreated then there is chances permanent damage due to constant irritation.
The best way to manage sciatica is to remove pressure on the nerve and maintain your spine curves.
Physiotherapy provides an effective way to manage pain and focus on nerve treatment, by specific nerve gliding maneuver and core strengthening exercises to prevent any future symptoms.